Reviews for Maybe Just By Holding Still
NotMyBabies chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Oooh la la! I'm just going to go through a bunch of your stories now!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Love this. Moments like this are always short on screen.
Guardian Fox chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
I really like this. I hated it when people were getting mad at Blaine for "taking Kurt's spot." It was never Kurt's to begin with - it didn't belong to anyone, it was up for grabs, that's why people were AUDITIONING FOR IT! Sorry, this gets me so mad. So I love that you explored that, and showed them talking about this, because I can accept that Kurt was hurt by Blaine being preferred over him, that's just typical actor insecurity.

So thank you for this. :)

A small critique - your story was very strong throughout. I could sense the insecurity in Blaine and the second-guessing was great, because everyone gets like that. But I felt like you lost strength at the very end when Blaine says "I'm working on it." I don't know. Personally I feel like Blaine's insecurity was just normal insecurity, and that comment seemed to take his insecurity too far - I don't think Blaine is that insecure as a person and it just felt like too much. This could just be my reaction, since unfortunately Blaine's cannon character isn't that concrete, but I just wanted to express that. :)

Great job though. Your exploration here was really apt and astute. A relationsship of equals is exactly what Kurt and Blaine (and any couple) need to be, and this season has kind of eroded that aspect of their relationship. (Blaine transferring /for/ Kurt when Kurt transferred whenever it suited him best, I could go off on a whole rant on this, but I'll spare you). Just glad there's other people out there to share my frustration in this aspect.
Sarah chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
That was perfect.
Anon chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
So this was absolutely lovely - thanks for connecting (so well) two episodes that seemed to be quantum leaps apart for these two. Your interpretation seemed perfect and very much in character!
DareU2Bme chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
ahhhhhhhhhhh thank you for connecting those two episodes for me... I felt like the jump wasn't addressed enough.. could have been that Darren wasn't there much for the filming or because they wanted to focus more on Mike.. but that cliffhanger really needed to be better addressed. You did it perfectly.