Reviews for The Cost of Regret
Enigma infinite chapter 7 . 12/22/2013
So wild!
LadyKatherine29 chapter 21 . 7/4/2012
Very very nicely done. A moment of quite for the both of them before the storm of Merla and Hazar. Lotor and Allura always seem to get better with understanding each other once they talk. Openly and honestly. I swear some days if Lotor had just bluntly told her more in detail about things. The two of them might understand each other. It seems like the two of them want to stay in there denile. Can't blame them. After all the crazy crap thats happend. The last thing they need is to realize. That hey I like this guy/girl in a strong emotional way. In which I want to make them happy and protect them. There certainly has been a lot of abuse of shorts in a sexual way. Not sure if they will ever be free of the ghost so to speak. Allura still clines to her thought that Lotor doesn't know what love is. Because if she does let herself realize it. Then she has to except that she really did hurt him horrribly. Not that is makes up for what Lotor's done. Still it puts it all in the grander sceam of things. They hurt each other because of fear, pain and underling issues that where around before they were even born. It was good that Allura was able to see that Lotor was being honest with her. Still I think she would be shocked to know. That deep inside Lotor more than likly does feel guilt about whats going on. He'd never say it of course. But Lotor has always been complex when it comes to his emotional scale with Allura. I like how you handled everything. It clearly wasn't easy to do. But you managed to pull it off with style. Allura did make a point in her monolog. She can't forgive him compleatly for all thats been done. I wouldn't expect her too. Lotor was crule as Allura was stupid for her part. She doesn't fully understand the langue, only bits. Which means of course her minds going to edit it together. In a way that she's excepting to hear. Not that the Drule don't have a history that would say it wasn't true. If she feared it won't work at all. Then she should have never sold off Voltron for scrap and perhaps raided a world or two. Or used one of the lions to end the rebelions by the nobles. Allura and Lotor have something much bigger to worry about. Depending on how Merla and Hazar decided to play things next. Granted the public will be in an up roar. Still Hagard is a master of spining things. I look forward to seeing her lay the smack down on someone with her staff. heheh. I've always wanted to see something with Allura/Hagard in a teacher student plot. That or I'm oddly found of the idea of Allura/Merla/Lotor. What with Merla and Lotor fighting it out to see who gets Allura. Just because it would be so funny to see Merla and Lotor yelling out death threats and declartions of love at the same time. Over all an excellent plot and a wonderful read. Time very well spent.
Viciously Witty chapter 21 . 7/4/2012
I hope you don't get lynched for the end either - you wouldn't deserve it. Allura is entitled to wonder if she'll ever forgive Lotor or not. Rape is rape. He's physically and emotionally damaged her. That fear and reticence is to be expected. I'd have personally disliked if she was too eager to move on. It would be...unnatural and unbelievable (IMO). So well done. There was the perfect measure of apology countered with wariness in this chapter. I really enjoyed it.
Viciously Witty chapter 20 . 6/29/2012
This chapter was amazing!
The exchange between Allura and Lotor was just incredible. It flowed brilliantly. And again I enjoyed the side of Lotor we got to see in this installment. Refreshing perspective.

It's crazy but I've almost done a 180 - hoping Allura sees the good in him, despite their abusive beginning. So wow, just wow.

VicWit
LadyKatherine29 chapter 19 . 6/26/2012
Excellent arguments going around the room. Go Haggar! Way to watch Lotor's back and be ready to throw down! I would love to see her kick some butt. Is it so wrong I like her so much? Personal I think they should all be greatful Lotor's not daddy. As they would all be dead for even trying to set up what they did. Merla and Hazar are both crazy. Hell is coming for them and its name is Lotor. Merla messed up big time and now she's going to pay the pipper. Even if she somehow got Allura to admite to anything. I've got ten that says Merla would end up dead. The nobles have forgotten just how much more money freedom exct. That they have thanks to Lotor. They should be greatful it takes evadance to even take you to the block. Great plot progression. Excellent on all fronts. I look forward to seeing epic wackyness and crazyness go down. Excellent work
Viciously Witty chapter 18 . 6/25/2012
I really enjoyed the perspective we got on Lotor in this chapter.

It really made his much sympathetic as a character, I must say.

And the exchange between him and Haggar was really wonderful to read. It was well crafted.

I wonder if this will force Allura and Lotor to become allies - albeit reluctantly.

Obviously, I am now eager to read more.

Thanks,

VicWit
LadyKatherine29 chapter 18 . 6/22/2012
Excellent update. You did an excellent job with Lotor's pov during the fall out. Form the fall of what Merla and Hazar set up. They at the least set out to do would count as treason. Lotor never could hide much from Hagard. He was lucky to mostly hide what he did from her. Still betting he won't be able to for long. Looks like she's still in his corner anyway. Drule on Drule action could be coming. I'm betting Merla didn't count on what will be coming for her. She of all people should have known. That Lotor's ability to let anything go when it comes to Allura isn't there. Now all she's done has brought the storm. Hazar isn't going to know what hit him. Looks as if the possible fallout from the death of he who should have known better. Could be pretty crazy. Unless Lotor gets it spin right. Like if he convinces the public that General twity, was ploting against the throne with say Merla and Hazar. I look forward to Allura and Lotor do have that talk. Looks as if bodies will soon hit the floor ground and who knows what else. If I was Merla I'd be getting the heck out of Doom. Excellent progression of the plot and wonderful flow. I really liked Hagard/Lotor's conversation short of yelling match. She's out lasted so many Doom guys its funny. She's decidely cool.
Luna de Papel chapter 18 . 6/22/2012
Funny how Lotor's words to Allura back in chapter 15 were fine (by him, obviously), but now that Haggar offers a similar definition he believes the witch is just wrong.

He's finally opening his eyes! Now reality is spiraling around him ready to bite his blue butt :) Pity Allura cannot enjoy this little payback but I'm doing it for her lmao
Viciously Witty chapter 17 . 5/6/2012
I love where your last-second plot bunny took you!

I was really worried for a moment there... and having Allura do the deed (even accidentally) was just too perfect. Didn't see it coming.

Am now totally intrigued as to where you're going to take this :)

Vic Wit
LadyKatherine29 chapter 17 . 5/5/2012
Excellent. I was hopping Lotor hadn't gone off the deep end. Yes thinking about it with all those people there. Lotor wasn't in any postion to get upset and stop it. Poor Allura. Hopeful she will start to understand why he did what he did. Merla me thinks a bit jelouse. Then again Lotors a bit of a sore spot for her. Merla to me anyway wasn't exteremly evil. Not Zarkon level taking joy over every nasty vile thing he did. Still looking forward to seeing what everyone's up too. Hagard might be mad but I think greatful on some level Lotor's not a pod person. Would love to see what Merla really thinks about all of this. I mean theres not a whole lot that can bug Doom at this point. Yes I changed my name. It was time to do so. Felt the need to come more into present day me. No idea whats to come next. But I'm guessing its bound to be crazy. Honestly I don't hold out much hope for Lotor and Allura having a healthy relationship. Because its not going to happen at this point. Perhaps a less abusive yet emotional complicated unheathly relationship. Over all a nice read as always. Excellent plot and very nicely writen.
Luna de Papel chapter 16 . 5/4/2012
Lotor should have known better. It's not like he didn't know Merla and her ways, right? He knowingly exposed Allura to this and it's happening. Will this be enough to open his eyes? Just when I thought Lotor couldn't sink any lower! Were those the last flickers of hope and trust we saw die in Allura's eyes?
fuuko no miko chapter 16 . 5/3/2012
Your writing never fails to engage me! This I confess. I found Allura's self confidence get browbeaten, the poor thing. She needs to find that feisty girl she was in the previous chapter. Oh Lotor you can't let Garrant have her! (Hey I'll personally beg with her if I have to).

Merla is despicable, but I suspect that she truly should be, lol.
Viciously Witty chapter 16 . 4/30/2012
So much to say... and so hard to say it coherently.

I, for one, believe Lotor is entirely in the wrong in this one. Allura may have broken his heart but it in no way allows him to behave so sadisitically. I gather that leaves me in the minority, but oh well. I think realistically (as in if they were REAL characters) people would not be squeeing over abuse. I don't care how HAWT the guy is. This is not a criticism of how you're writing at all, this is a defence of Allura as a victim. I think you've made two flawed characters, both hurt by the other, but we can't deny that Allura is being abused. And I think you're doing a great job of telling that story.

While I am firmly entrenched in camp Allura, I think your Lotor is so wonderfully flawed (as is Allura) that he really drives the story. And strangely enough, it makes him a sympathetic character too, despite his ill treatment of Allura. The tension between them is compelling and engaging and heartwrenching.

The ending of this chapter was... oh god, I can't wait for the next. I can't imagine Lotor could share and I can just picture the look of betrayal on Allura's face. If he lets the rape happen, Allura would hate him forever and I truly believe (no matter how dark this fic may be) that Lotor does not want Allura's hatred.

Looking forward to more.

Vic Wit
FirenIce15 chapter 16 . 4/30/2012
Man, every time I think Lotor is finally done digging; he grabs the shovel again and goes down deeper; although Allura has done a good bit of digging herself. Still, I am hoping for a somewhat happy ending although I realize the chances for that are slim. I'm beginning to think the only way for Lotor to realize that he's only making things worse is if Allura comes close to dying; like if Merla (or some other Drule) slips her a deadly poison or she gets really sick (not unreasonable since her stress is off the charts and her immune system is probably shot) or something. I also think that whether or not Allura can ever forgive will depend (at least on part) on how the situation on Arus gets resolved (or if it does).These are just my thoughts but this is your story, write however you want, don't mind me. This is a fantastic story and very well written. Lastly, I totally empathize with you on the having more ideas that you can write front; I wish I could offer some suggestions but I'm struggling with that too.
LadyKatherine29 chapter 16 . 4/29/2012
Well Lotor just finished digging his own grave when it comes to Allura. It was epic to see Meral show up. What I would really like to see next chapter. Dispite the possible problems. Is for Allura to actual somehow kill or permintly scar Hazar. I know that might be an issue. But I would like to see her get some pay back. I think its realistic to see Allura going murderous at this point. I think she would do what ever it took at this point. Which leads me to think with a little luck. She might be able to make for one of the lions and take off. AT the least I think Allura should get some kind of vengence. Over all nicely writen, a lot of plot growth and very nicely done. oh and encase your wondering I'm she who was known as DiMeraslover changed my pen name.