Reviews for Balloons
selenehekate chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Wow, this was really short, but I kind of like it that short; the simplified prose makes the actual writing that much better. I love how you use such a simple idea - balloons - and pair it with a complex theme; it's rather brilliant. The symbolism of the balloons is great. Fantastic idea and fantastic pairing. Great job! I hope you write on this pairing more often!
missus brokkenbroll chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
So I'm a huge huge fan of Neville/Hannah. This is really really... Lovely. I know this is so short, but I really love the way you wrote Hannah. I really love the way you captured just a little bit of their relationship, so sweet and simple and not quite cute. It's sad, but at the same time you feel like if these two have each other it's going to be okay. (reviewing drabbles is so hard. You feel like you're not saying enough. You feel like there's not enough to say. But it is very good. It invokes feelings.)
lowi chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
This was beautiful! I really loved this; it was such an unique and creative way of capturing Hannah and Neville - how Hannah dealt with the aftermaths of the war, and how Neville just was there for her.

I thought this was really wonderful, yes. You use the prompts brilliantly, and you capture so much in so few words. And the last line was amazing!

Fantastic.
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Awww!
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
WOW.

I REALLY liked this.

I couldn't really name one reason why, but I'll give it a go:

First off, because it was so short, the emotions really shone through very powerfully. Second, I'm not sure if the balloons were meant to be deeply symbolic or if I'm reading way too much into this, but it felt like there was some sort of deep hidden meaning in them. Third, I really like the idea of Hannah filling up the balloons just so she can let them go and watch them float away - for some reason, that gives me shivers! And Neville was so sweet!

Again, I REALLY liked this.

Great job!
stydias chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
I think is so sweet. :3

I love this pairing, and you captured them perfect, just as I see them. I love the way you wrote it, and how well it was written. And using so few words, you said so much.

"I filled this one up with goodness, for you, only this one won't ever float away on it's own." - This was my favourite phrase. It was just so sweet and sounded like something Neville would actually say and just.

I love this. :D It's amazing!

Lovely job!
dayflow chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
such a sweet feeling from this, it's great! :-)
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
I think HannahNeville is a difficult pair to capture. Nevertheless this was a very well thought of, abstract idea for the pair, and it's one I happened to enjoy. Balloons are one of my favorite things so good job.