Reviews for After the Fires Fade
redlerred7 chapter 16 . 4/9
I first saw this a little under two years ago. This was my first foray in the world of fanfiction, and I'm glad that it was.
Here it is once again, with a sorta-fresh update since the last time I read. The events of the previous chapters are still clear to me even though I haven't read this in years. That how good it is.
I thank the author for giving me this work of art to read.
Crow667 chapter 4 . 3/23
so THATS why everybody is afraid of pariah...
DarkSun82 chapter 1 . 3/16
am looking forward to read more. I really enjoy reading your stories.

By the way. Here is information you need. Make sure to save all your work on your computer.

Important news. Make a chapter in your story and post it so everyone can see it we need as many as possible to sign a petition called "Stop SOPA 2014". This will most likely happen if SOPA wins and is set in motion..

THIS WONDERFUL WEBSITE WILL BE CLOSED DOWN.

LIKE LITERALLY

Un.

And not only that! Most of the Fan-art pages, You tube videos, and basically everything fan-related will be erased! ANNIHILATED! GONE! (TT-TT)

WE HAVE TO STOP IT.

(This post will be down after march, 19.)

Here is the link, just remove the space betwen the words.

petitions. whitehouse. gov/ petition/ stop-sopa-2014 /q0Vkk0Zr

Help us save Fanfiction, and other fan-arts.
AnnAisu chapter 16 . 3/1
Could Alex infect Cross instead, try to make it slightly less fatal to him?
This is an amazing story. I've reread it several times, and I'm happy with whatever size chapter you end up with as long as A) it comes out and B) it's longer than 5k. Amazing job.
Please keep up the good work! I want to see how Alex handles this...
*Checks update date* Oh- half a year ago? Well... maybe you'll still update? Please?
Why couldn't Prototype 2 be like this. I love this fic. i love how you portray Zeus' relationship with Dana, Cross. i love the story plot it has action, its funny from time to time, some suspense. seriously you have got to continue this fic.
Vandenberg chapter 16 . 1/17
Just finished reading through this and, with your writing style, it was addictive from start to finish! :D I can't put into words just how awesome it is to see such consistent characterisation with believable development - a scarce commodity, judging by recent trends in ffn. And auuugh that cliffhanger! ALEX NO. WHY THIS. On a vaguely related note, shoutout to your Alex and Dana interactions. The chapter with the former hefting around grocery bags was priceless, considering the onlookers. :) Not to mention the turnabout with the big reveal. Happy!Alex is now a thing, and what a thing it is. All in all, I'll be looking forward to your next update!

-Van

P.S.: If you happen to publish a novel any time soon, you have yourself a guaranteed reader. :)
GrinGrin chapter 16 . 1/16
This is my new canon.

Thank you for the most awesome and realistic Prototype story I've read in a long while.
WerewolfCrime chapter 16 . 1/5
I'm really impressed by how good you can handle the characters and plot. The chapters are long with no mistakes and not last, what great effort you put in this fic, I give you what I can, so you could continue doing an excellent job! Have a nice new year!
hannz12 chapter 16 . 12/4/2013
This is surprisingly good. You got me hooked from the beginning to the end. The way you described Mercer, Dana and their surroundings on chapter one was new to me, it was very detailed but not in a confusing way. Plot seems solid so far and the characters are IC. I love the way you handle Dana and Mercer's relationship by the way.

Anyways, I need to ask, where'd you get the information about Cross being a augment? I can't remember ever hearing that in game then again, I haven't completed the Web of Intrigue yet so yeah.

With that done. I hope you update soon.
Red With White Eyes chapter 16 . 12/1/2013
Wow! This fic is absolutely fantastic! All the characters are IC (something that is becoming increasingly rare these days on ffnet).

I only dipped into the prototype fandom to take a look (after I read a AC/prototype crossover), and I was sad to see that there wasnt that many fics. But lo and behold! I stumbled across your story and read it in one sitting! (something that I rarely do, especially with long fics).

So... Thank you for writing this! I hope that you update soon!
Eeveesin98 chapter 16 . 11/21/2013
Great! I cannot wait for Alex to have a hive! It better be a powerful one...
Guests are cool chapter 16 . 11/17/2013
Wow I cannot wait to see what happens next. Will Alex have his very own Hive? It would be fucking awesome I'll say that much. Anyway awesome story! Please update soon! ;)
sideswipe161412 chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
how do you write this much fanfiction? im just in my first sem in college and i dont have time anymore for these kinds of things? are you in college? or graduate?
Mizunou chapter 16 . 10/2/2013
I wonder if Cross would let himself be infected by Alex instead of letting red light take control of him. I'm so happy you're ignoring most of prototype 2. I got really excited for it then it was nothing like I would have wanted for the story established so far in a sequel. What if all of the wisemen became the blacklight "hive"!? Alex already saved one on instinct. They would hate it but it would be awesome.
RevengeRevisited chapter 16 . 10/2/2013
this is one of the best fics i've ever read, definitely the best prototype fic
thank u for writing i love it!