Reviews for After the Fires Fade
HelenTheMoon chapter 16 . 8/28
Why have you abandoned this fic? It was an incredible piece of work. At the very least, leave aword behind or something. Tell us if this story has been abandoned or on hiatus.
SHADOWoftheFOX chapter 16 . 2/26
This story is incredible! Not only is this incredibly well written, your characterization of Alex and Cross is fantastic. I really hope you update soon, because I am now obsessed with this story and cannot wait to find out what happens next.
TheCopyUniverse chapter 16 . 1/12
Wow. Just, wow. Looks like Alex might not have much choice here... I hope that Cross will be okay...

I was wondering if those "Hammerfists" were actually Tendrils, since they look similar, and Alex did get them from a Hydra.

While I liked the gameplay of Prototype 2, I was disappointed by the fact that Alex became the bad guy. I was hoping Pariah would be the antagonist there...
Rasdra chapter 16 . 12/18/2014
Really good story here, it is so well written and I love Alex's characterisation. I was so glad that I always wait for prices to come down because everything I heard about the second game sounded like a bad copy done for money and not the story. If I had money I'd want something like this storyline for my idea of prototype 2.

As for that cliffhanger-I can guess where the story is going but damn, a year since last update is my cutoff normally for reading incomplete fics but this story was the best looking one in the entire fandom that I've found in the non-crossover section.

Anyway its been a great read even if its never finished and just thought I'd say thanks for providing that.
King Archangel chapter 16 . 12/7/2014
Jesus dude, its been over a year since your last update. Did you abandon this fic?
CrimsonWing67 chapter 11 . 9/20/2014
I love your story - how you go so in-depth with Mercer's screwed up mental state, Cross's portrayal, and Dana and Alex moments that just makes wanna sigh in content. As for your author's note. I completely agree with what you've said. They can't just go around and change a character's fundamentals around. It is like saying someone who tried so hard to be good suddenly decided that it wasn't a bother and go on a random killing rampage without meaning. Yes - characters can turn evil. Darth Vader is iconic like that. But he had his reasons for it and he turned because he believed it was a right thing to do. What they did with Mercer was change his personality around 180 degrees without any good reason to do so, becoming something he loathed just because he felt like it; it is so inconsistent with all the mental angst he had in the first game since if he was someone who can flippantly change his ideals like that, the first game shouldn't even exist.
Basani chapter 16 . 7/24/2014
This is one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. Please, please keep writing this.
mro123321 chapter 16 . 7/12/2014
Your work is so much better than cannon its unbelievable. If I ever recount [PROTOTYPE]'s storyline several years into the future, this is the version I will remember. Keep up the epic work.
SalemTheSpeakerOfTruth chapter 16 . 5/13/2014
Pleaaaase continue!
King Rune chapter 16 . 5/9/2014
HOLY SHIT THIS STORY IS AMAZING. Woah. This is one of the best fanfics I have ever read, and definitely the best Prototype fanfic EVER. WOAH YOU ARE AMAZING. This story is actually everything I've ever wanted in a Prototype fic. I adore your characterizations- all of them. Alex is just that bit softer than he is in the game (the first game, obviously, the only one we're counting), making him EVEN MORE interesting yet still undeniably Alex Mercer. His conflicts between his virus and human sides are wonderfully written.

Dana- I adore Dana, and I was rather sad when the game didn't go as deeply into her as they could have. Alex's relationship with her is awesome, and you wrote them AWESOMELY.

And Cross- Oh my Jesus, Cross. I can't describe to you how much I love Cross (and how much I hated that he didn't even get a proper DEATH SCENE when the game killed him). Your Cross is incredible. His tolerate-hate-wtf relationship with Alex is- well, frankly, pretty hilarious a lot of the time. God, this virus-with-feelings!Alex you write is adorable. Ah, the thing with the chips. And the old ladies. Precious baby.

And OH MY GOD ALEX IS GETTING READY TO START BUILDING HIS OWN EMPIRE. THIS MAKES ME SO UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY. See, my issue with the second game was never really Alex's take-over-everything thing, but rather the game's flattening of his personality in getting him to that point. I really rarely have issues with turning good (or morally ambiguous) characters evil; I just think Prototype 2 did a shit job with it. (Maybe if they let us play as Alex as he went crazy, it would have been okay. I just want my baby to be happy.)

Also, well-written, long, plotty, action-y gen fics are my absolute favorite. Just. I love them. I love this. I love YOU. This is perfect. Your characters are perfect, your balance of humor and ohmygodpoorbaby is perfect, your fight scenes are perfect... YOU are perfect. I hope you're still writing this; I really really love this story a lot.
Guest chapter 16 . 5/1/2014
I have read the entire fanfic for the third time now and I can say it is the best written story I have read in a long, long time. The story is really entertaining, it grabs you and won't let you go. Seriously, for a while I was actually adddicted to this! Your writing style is really original and refreshing. I love the way you narrate in 'train of thought' style, how you move between their thoughts and the events occurring at the moment. I also love how you present the characters: how you present Alex as a sensitive entity, neither human nor viral, fighting between his reality and his hopes; or Cross as more than just a Blackwatch toy soldier, but a real leader figure with a sense of loyalty and duty and sacrifice; or to put Dana as a main character, actually influencing in the story, with this strong, imposing, badass attitude. You took Radical Entertainment' s half-made world and you developed it into an awesome, mindblowing story. You are a very talented writer and I take off my hat in front of this great work you obviously put a great amount of effort and love to create. I wish you luck and happiness to whatever work you get your attention into,
Sincerly and with admiration,
A very loyal fan.

Ps: I totaly agree with you on P2, it was a dissapointment. As a big prototype fan it was painful, to say at least.
Ps2: About the length, as long as the chapters are larger than 4k words I' m happy, but according to the way you tend to deepen into thought, I don' t think it will be enough for you! :P
Redler Red7 chapter 16 . 4/9/2014
I first saw this a little under two years ago. This was my first foray in the world of fanfiction, and I'm glad that it was.
Here it is once again, with a sorta-fresh update since the last time I read. The events of the previous chapters are still clear to me even though I haven't read this in years. That how good it is.
I thank the author for giving me this work of art to read.
Crow667 chapter 4 . 3/23/2014
so THATS why everybody is afraid of pariah...
King Archangel chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
am looking forward to read more. I really enjoy reading your stories.

By the way. Here is information you need. Make sure to save all your work on your computer.

Important news. Make a chapter in your story and post it so everyone can see it we need as many as possible to sign a petition called "Stop SOPA 2014". This will most likely happen if SOPA wins and is set in motion..

And not only that! Most of the Fan-art pages, You tube videos, and basically everything fan-related will be erased! ANNIHILATED! GONE! (TT-TT)

(This post will be down after march, 19.)

Here is the link, just remove the space betwen the words.

petitions. whitehouse. gov/ petition/ stop-sopa-2014 /q0Vkk0Zr

Help us save Fanfiction, and other fan-arts.
AnnAisu chapter 16 . 3/1/2014
Could Alex infect Cross instead, try to make it slightly less fatal to him?
This is an amazing story. I've reread it several times, and I'm happy with whatever size chapter you end up with as long as A) it comes out and B) it's longer than 5k. Amazing job.
Please keep up the good work! I want to see how Alex handles this...
*Checks update date* Oh- half a year ago? Well... maybe you'll still update? Please?