Reviews for Daddy's Boy
Ghostwriter chapter 32 . 8/25
Awesome work. I love it. Catch ya on the flip side.
Harold C Morgan chapter 32 . 8/23
An absolutely amazing story. You should warn your readers however that they should have their tissues handy. I am half way through box 3. THanks again, it was an amazing read, and I sincerely hope and pray that it was not based on personal experiances.
Jesco123 chapter 32 . 4/6
As happy as I am to see Senior put away and in for a whole lot of suffering - I'm afraid that he'll be out for revenge when he comes out some day in the still far away future. I know Tony will be an adult at that point, but somehow I don't think this kind of childhood trauma will ever go away completely. Ah well, fortunately it will take a long, long while.

Glad to see everything went without a hitch with the adoption, the family needs a break - at least for a little while. They still have a long way ahead of them.

Thanks for taking us with you on this journey with the Gibbses and little Tony, I know there's already multiple sequels, I can't wait to read them all!
Jesco123 chapter 31 . 4/6
Ha! Awesome, Senior is going to go away for a long, long time. Somebody should just lose the key.

I love Kelly's letter! She totally needed a way to express herself and let her emotions out and this seems like a very healthy way to do it. As for Tony, I hope his eye will show further improvement, he's been through so much already. That goes for Jethro and Shannon as well though, the whole family deserves a break soon.

I really, really liked what you've done both with Brandi and Teo. Wonderful work with both characters and their storylines.
Jesco123 chapter 28 . 4/6
Poor Tony, seems this version of him can't handle medication any better than the "original" one. I'm totally afraid of spiders, so I know that would freak me out - a lot.

Well, aren't you a sneaky one, Teo :). Getting Senior to confess and at the same time managing that there wouldn't be a trial. That was one clever move. I have to admit I'm not familiar with all the terms, but as long as Senior goes to jail for a long, long time...who am I to care? At least there's no "lesser" crime to child abuse and he has to admit that one. Good.
Jesco123 chapter 26 . 4/6
As much as these chapters hurt because of all the pain Tony and his family are going through, there's still so many positive things going on. Brandi showing up is on example (because let's face it, that did take some guts) or Tony who's hurt so badly but still able to offer kindness to Brandi and last, but not least, JoAnne. She's really stepped up to the plate when Tony vomited all over her. But I have to admit, I was right there with Jackson laughing :).
Jesco123 chapter 24 . 4/5
Wow, you're really not holding back, are you? As if the leg wasn't bad enough, now Senior shoots Tony? And the judge turns out to be another idiot in the long lines of morons running around. His reaction to the public defender was disgusting, but his reaction to Tony's limp just showed that he didn't really know enough about the case or the people involved. The only good thing I can say about him is that he didn't let the lawyers (aka Senior as one) be there when he questioned Tony. I hope Tony comes out of this at least somehow okay.
Jesco123 chapter 21 . 4/5
Wow. That was incredible. Painful as hell, but so good at the same time. The line that got me the most? Jethro thinking "he didn't want to know" over and over again. I was right there with him :).
Jesco123 chapter 20 . 4/5
Honestly? I don't have words. How can a human being be that horrible? Unfortunately I know people like that exist. And you've done a great job showing all the horrors. Makes me wish people had to take a test before having a driver's license ;).
Jesco123 chapter 19 . 4/5
Poor, poor Tony! I feel so bad for the little guy! I was crying along with everybody in the story :(. I guess it's a good thing his mother is dead already, although his father is responsible for the physical injuries, his mother wasn't much better. I really hope they'll lock Senior up and throw away the key.
Jesco123 chapter 18 . 4/5
And here I thought it couldn't get any worse. Seriously, who let that guy work with children? Unfortunately I fear there actually are people like that running around and ruining people's lives. At least it seems like Miss Maia is coming around :). Funny how she - like Anne - started on the wrong foot, messing up a bit, just to turn around and become one of the strongest allies the Gibbses could get. At least it seems like it's going that way to me. I can't wait to see what's happening next.
Jesco123 chapter 17 . 4/5
I hope there's some point where there won't be anymore horrible things Tony has to remember or live through. Poor kid. Terrifying memories about what his father did to him (not that we know the details, but Jethro's reactions tell enough) and then doctors poking at him (although Dr. Trexler seems like a nice guy) and then finally the psychologist. Someone in that profession should know better. Moron. I wonder if Jethro is going to punch him...:)
Jesco123 chapter 16 . 4/5
Why do I think all the stuff with the investigation and interviewing Tony isn't going to go over without problems? I do get that courts have rules and all, but shouldn't they be aware that with Tony's history, talking to a complete stranger isn't going to go over too well? Ah well, at least Officer Powers did a great job.

Loved Tony's explanation for helping Griffin. Very simple and absolutely convincing. Nice.
Jesco123 chapter 15 . 4/5
I feel like a broken record. I want to see Senior punished for all Tony's gone through. It seems not only is Jethro on my side, but Shannon as well. :)

I think you're doing a great job finding the small little things that trigger Tony's memories or panic attacks and putting them in so that they fit naturally into the flow of the story. And still every time they come like out of nowhere for Jethro and Shannon because they're always new, always triggered by something other than the previous one. Excellent job.
Jesco123 chapter 14 . 4/5
Oh hell. Wait. First of all - that's Tony for you. Helping the kid who's been bullying him because said boy needs help. Only Tony. And then. Tony's parents both sound pretty mean but it seems his mom at least loved her son somehow. But Senior? He really wanted to kill his kid. Because let's face it, hitting a child with a fire poker? There's no coming back from that. Poor Tony. I wish he'd tell someone.
1,170 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »