Reviews for The Late Inspector General
Goldleaf83 chapter 4 . 10/30/2011
Again, you've done a good job in selecting an episode that has spaces for you to fill in with your re-visioning of the series. The story hits its stride in chapter 2, when you start providing more in-depth point of view information from Klink's perspective, and throughout the next few chapters you add depth and realism to the original episode by giving us a sense of what is going on in Klink's and Hogan's heads. Chapter 4 is the best: you capture Klink's justified rage and humiliation just perfectly, particularly that moment when Klink is literally ready to hit Hogan. The extra part of the discussion you add captures an interesting dynamic between them, with Hogan being somewhat more honest than usual. It flows seamlessly into the dialogue from the original episode and gives it a rational and serious implication, rather than the more two-dimensional simply humorous meaning. Well done!
Salpson chapter 4 . 10/29/2011
Very nice Klink couldn't be as stupid as the series made him. I wouldn't have given him the attraction to Hogan myself,it is well done though. Hogan's possible understanding of Klink's interest at least subconsciously is interesting. You have caught the characters from the episodes perfectly. What happens next?
Jinzle chapter 4 . 10/29/2011
Sometimes we forget how cold bloodied Hogan can be to achieve his goals. Certainly he prescribes to the idea that the end justifies the means. I wonder if it ever keeps him up at night, obsessing over he lengths he has to go to for the Allies or is he able to compartmentalize it all?
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 4 . 10/28/2011
Actually, it's kind of a wonder that Klink cares for Hogan at all considering the way he has treated Klink. And it looks like Klink has developed some insight into Hogan's behavior at last. It's unnerving to Klink, but also to the reader...you point out quite clearly the lengths Hogan goes to when he must remove people who are a threat to his operation.
El Gringo Loco chapter 3 . 10/14/2011
An interesting story to flesh out the details of a canon episode. Could it be that new evidence has been found? Or simply that times have changed since the mid 1960's. And some of these hugely relevent, but then suppressed details can now come to light. Whichever fortunate circumstance it was that tickled the author's muse. I look forward to reading more.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 3 . 10/14/2011
I'm glad to see you got the ff dot net problems fixed!

And this is a very good chapter. Your interpretation of Hogan's thoughts and reactions during the scene in Klink's office with von Platzen really ring true. It's apparent he and Klink are both trying to save face for Klink regarding the fiasco with the explosions and the dog truck, but they're at cross-purposes.

And you brought up some good points I hadn't considered on previous viewings of this episode: explosions no longer being a viable diversion tactic, and the fact that Olsen was visible through the dog truck window.

It's interesting, too, to see Hogan's view of Klink subtly changing; a hint of respect, a hint of concern...

And although the episode dialogue makes it clear that Hogan regrets going overboard on the "damage control", his internal monologue really heightens the tension and helps the reader understand his worries over the situation.

Looking forward to operation "Sabotage Klink"!
Jinzle chapter 3 . 10/13/2011
Its a nice story but you mushing Hogan's sentences together to form one word is really irritating to read. It slows down the reading as I try to pick apart the words to understand what he is saying.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 2 . 10/12/2011
As Klink's thoughts show in this chapter, Klink is both more competent and more aware of the 'monkey business' going on in his camp than we might otherwise assume.

It's kinda touching to see his fear for Hogan during the explosions in the compound, but will his obsession with Hogan mean he will turn a blind eye to the strange happenings at Stalag 13? Already he has witnessed behavior that would not normally be tolerated (Hogan kissing what was apparently another prisoner) and done nothing about it.

There's bound to be a conflict between duty and personal feelings...I'll be interested to see how Klink deals with that.
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Your writing style is good, but this chapter was almost like reading a transcript of the first scenes of the episode. It would be interesting to have it be longer, in order to accommodate all of the various thoughts that Hogan must be thinking. Don’t be afraid to mix it up and experiment with it.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
A neat recap of the initial scenes of the episode, with Hogan's thoughts clearly fixed on the mission at hand, not on the lovelorn Klink!
Six of Twelve chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
I think it's quite plausible that Klink could be a closeted gay (what other kind could there be in Nazi Germany, when Hitler was sending them to concentration camps?). There are enough details in canon to make this believable - he never married, his ineptitude with women, etc. You've done well with this aspect of Klink, not overdoing it.