Reviews for All Things Considered
Bethany Shiver chapter 6 . 4/18/2014
I have been looking for a story like this for years. Thank you for putting this gorgeous piece into the world!
lilyamongthorns chapter 6 . 5/23/2013
I've always wondered that same thing about the movie: "So he's pissed at everyone for not believing him, and then he brings them to his locker to get weed? " I like your transition. I like that he's not completely ok yet, and I like your change you made in him. I always thought Andy or Brian were the ones who most changed-or at least opened up-through the experience, probably because it was hard for them to do so I think John was pretty honest thorough the whole thing, so I like to see him thinking about changing his ways with girls and what nott. Nicely done again.
lilyamongthorns chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
Your suicide soliloquy was morbidly moving. Perfect scenario for John to go-if he chose to. I'm just going to read everything you have because its all fantastic.
ESLover chapter 6 . 9/28/2012
I cannot believe I did not see you update this! I guess I have not been on this site for awhile, but still! I loved this, thank you :)
bobbiemcgee chapter 6 . 12/15/2011
I'm very late in posting this review. Please accept my apologies for that. Your story is beautifully written, stays true to the character of John Bender, is consistent with what we know about him. You fill in one of the blanks in the movie-how Bender got them to accompany him to his locker-in an entirely believable way. Claire's conversation with Bender on the stairway landing, in addition to continuing the delightful humor in the movie, is also consistent with her character's intelligence, assertiveness and the soft spot in her heart (of which she will become increasingly aware as the movie progresses). I only wish you had filled in that blank about what went on in the storage closet that we were not privileged to see!

I get very disappointed with some of these stories, where the characters are recognizable only by their names and a bit of background thrown in from the movie. Otherwise, they bear virtually no relationship to The Breakfast Club characters nor to the charm and sweetness of the movie, nor to the struggles and truths Hughes so masterfully depicted. Some of the stories even rely on deeply disturbing violence in order to gain attention, whereas violence in the movie, since John Hughes had such respect and affection for his characters and audience, is referred to just sufficiently to allow our understanding of it, but never to insult and shock our sensibilities with it in an up close and personal way.

Thanks so much for your story. May we look forward to more? Hope so.
melniewn chapter 6 . 12/14/2011
This was really marvelous! Not at all what I expected from the first chapters. Really well done and well written.
helinahandcart chapter 6 . 12/12/2011
oh Im sad it's ended I really liked this prospective of John
meggannn chapter 6 . 12/12/2011
This was so beautiful! I've been waiting until the end to review to see where you would take this and I'm glad I did, because you didn't make John too corny or unrealistic, but you also didn't make him too all too nasty or mean-spirited, either.

I'm glad you wrote in that little scene with them on the stairs because, like you said, I've always wondered what had happened between the lunch and the locker scenes to make John back to his usual self again.

There was just enough Claire to remind us of why she's important to him but not enough to go overboard with the cheesy romance, haha. I love how you contrast the before-and-after of his thoughts of suicide and talk about the reality that maybe Claire can't "save" him, but now that he knows that he CAN be saved and isn't doomed to live life like his parents or brother, even if she isn't the one to be there for him, he can still make the change himself eventually. Which is really what the entire movie is about, in the end.

Thanks for writing such a lovely story! I enjoyed it a lot.
Lady Spezz chapter 5 . 11/25/2011
Stunning.

Looking forward to updates! :)
blahhx49 chapter 5 . 11/18/2011
Woo! I finally had a chance to catch up on this! Can I say, I REALLY love the backstory you've created so far into leading up to Saturday's detention? His family, his friends, his feelings, the situations he gets himself into and his point of view on everything simply fits his character so well! So believable and thought through! You keep me (and the rest of us) pining for more! I love everything about this fic! (:

And I see you've updated recently... new chapter coming up soon as well?
thecucumberqueen chapter 5 . 11/17/2011
Oh man it's getting intense-and I'm loving the quick updates! Can't wait for another chappie!:)
Thwarted Moony chapter 5 . 11/15/2011
Excellent chapter as always! :D I can’t wait to read the next one, I knew his brother was going to blame it on him. I like that you make Mr. Bender real, like a crappy parent but not overly abusive like some stories. Well hope to read you soon!

Ana
ESLover chapter 4 . 11/9/2011
YES! Never imagined I could have such fabulous anticipation for an upcoming detention, but this is going to be epic!
Thwarted Moony chapter 4 . 11/8/2011
yay! another great chapter :D thanks for answering my last review, I can't wait to see what you're going to write about Saturday, seriously I love your story
ESLover chapter 3 . 11/6/2011
Cannot wait to read the rest! Love a Bender POV! I hope if you want to stick to before that fateful Saturday, that you also write a sequel as well!