Reviews for Dusk and Dawn
Guest chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Please please PLEASE write more! I'm enthralled! The characterization of Twilight/Eclipse is extremely compelling, and I'm deeply interested in the progression of the story. I know you say you don't want to write an epic for this, but it doesn't HAVE to be epic-length. I don't normally beg like this, but I simply must insist.

Critique-wise, there's not much to say. Anything I mention would only be very minor proofreading errors, since the rest of it is so solid. If pressed, I might say that having your characters loudly discuss their plans for treachery is a little odd, but clearly I'm not bothered enough by that to mention it up front.
Kimaru53 chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
This story is really cool and i have to say i would love to see it continued but if you dont want to then too bad it is such an amazing story
Ranubis chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Oh, wow. this story is simply amazing. Thank you for writing this, I just love the emotions and ideas behind this work.

Like many others will probably say, this story just screams out for more chapters, with great character development, awesome fight scenes, and emotionally draining conversations. I'll understand if you decide to leave this as a one-shot, but if you do choose to elaborate on this, know that you have the support of the Herd.

Thank you again for writing this fantastic story, and may Celestia smile on your future works.
Flightfoot chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Wow. That was great. Poor Twilight, it seems like she's always being forced to do horrible things.
Steben chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
I hate/have a hard time seeing Twilight as anything but a hero. (In this fic she's more of an anti-hero) Truth be told, I can't say whether or not I like the plot. I think you picked something that is very difficult to write, and did an great job at living up to it.

My only critique is if Twilight had been serving Nightmare Moon for seven years, would she still hesitate to kill the tied mare? This pony wouldn't be the first to mention Celestia, and it's implied Twilight has done her fair share of killing.

I noticed a "complete" tag on the fic. Hopefully this story gets finished.
LancetheFox chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
How can this be a one shot the detail of the world and characters scream for this to be continued. The conflict is just to amazing to leave like this. This part alone was simply EPIC and you already covered a lot of what happened in the pass and you even a excellent structure for the continuation. I truly hope you change your mind and give this story another shot.

Also don't worry about pleasing everyone that just tends to cause problems when writing.
dastrdlyW chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Hey. I read your story on Equestria Daily. It was really good. I was just saying you are an amazing writer. I hope you continue this and give it the ending (aka, somehow, the Dawn win, but then again, it's your story). If you'd like to hear a couple ideas I have feel free to contact me on DeviantART. My username is daguy1234. Or at least say whether or not you'll be writing a sequel.

Great job on this. I cried.
m00ch chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
this is a one shot...

NOOOOOOOOOO! :P

This story is really good. The characterization was superb. I especially liked Trixie's back story.

I really hope you decide to continue this someday.
Anonymous Phantom Writer chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
I adore this story, the conflict of emotions that both sides face, the amount of help that Twilight gives to her friends that they can not know comes from her are delicious.

I have your same problems with beginning anything, I don't write because I don't feel that I can properly illustrate the enormous ideas that I have, to convey the enormity of what I see in the story.

While I understand why you want this to be a one-shot, so that it remains in the distilled form that people can really know what it means, you should try possibly putting out a few sequels or continuations. Not necessarily all from Twilight's point of view, maybe have the next one be Fluttershy, and how kindness must be tested in such a brutal time. Maybe Spike and how he only catches the glimpses of what has happened from his prison and can only try to affect how Twilight interprets what has happened to and around her.

Whether you go with this idea, proceed from here to write out a full continuous story, are just leave it as a one-shot I have to say thanks a bunch for posting this. It was a wonderful read, and I really enjoyed it.

sincerely,

Anonymous Phantom Writer (APW)
theoneviper chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
This really is a amazing story. It would be a shame to let it stay a one shot please continue it. There are so few pony fanfics that pant such a darker world but still remain My Little Pony.
Paladin Graith chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I REALLY hope you have another planned. That was WAY too awsome to end just like that!
Scienza chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
That was amazing. Great emotion and your portrayal of the characters after six years under Nightmare Moon was just flawless. The alternate timeline was brilliant as well. I would've liked to see how the other characters, especially Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were affected by six years of war and darkness, but alas, this story is a oneshot. Maybe in a potential sequel?
nightmaster000 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Wow just wow this story was great and i hope you decide to make it more than a oneshot or write a sequel to this story.

You should try putting this story on equestriadaily and fimfiction
DoctorWhooves chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
I really hope that there will be a sequel to this or this continued,because its pure awesome and a interesting and tragic setting you made.

Really feel sorry for Twilight/Eclipse for having to sacrifice all to save the world.
Ketsy chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
As much as I loved that, I can't help but feel disappointed that it doesn't have a true conclusion. Are there plans to make a sequel to this? While your AN indicates this will be a one shot, a simple sequel will suffice.

I also enjoyed your characterization, and look forward to any future stories you write in this particular fandom.
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3