Reviews for Something's Lost
poppaeasabina chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Nice story. I always had to laugh at Kate's "professional Catholic" attitude when Tony is obviously Catholic, probably

Abby, possibly McGee (could go either way there), don't know about Ducky, Gerald or Gibbs. But that's the point, they don't make an issue of it.
Ria Rose chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
This was wonderful; very sad but nicely done. If you ever think of writing more, I would be first in line to read it.
Ria Rose chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
JET1967 chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
I always enjoy character background stories and I found this one especially moving.

I pray to St. Anthony when I lose things (usually my cell phone) but I didn't know (hadn't thought) about him being the patron of lost souls. I really like that thought.

moms5thchild chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Lovely story. I can attest to Irish mothers saying the same thing.

tivafan0204 chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
I am in awe of this entire story and how well you got into Tony's head, but this sentence is just brilliant beyond words

"That September, Saint Anthony returned triumphantly with the queen of lost souls, and it wasn't till the subsequent months struggling to rebuild charred bridges and broken relationships that he allowed himself to wonder if she was ever really his to lose in the first place."

USAFChief chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
I've been putting off reading this and reviewing it for a few days now. I've been anxious for you to finish some of the stories you have in work and didn't want to let that interfere in this review.

This was very good - as all your posted work is. You've woven a tight little vignette around several minor things we know about Tony - reference the sea monkeys.

Thanks for posting this for us to read.

The Lady Grace chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Great story. I think you have a nice grip on Tony's state of mind, especially in that episode. Did you notice he had memory trouble in the next episode too?

Alidiabin chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
A lovely fic. I learned a lot, I had no idea their was a Saint Anthony. I liked how you portrayed his mother and the subtle things about his parents. Well done.
Agent Striker chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
well, my grandmother was a irish catholic, but i've heard that prayer before! she always prayed to him and st. Christoper, patron saint of travel! sorry for rambling, but good job!
Anonymous033 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Oh gosh, this is really sad :(

I'm not sure what to make of Tony's mother, haha. I don't think she was much like this, but I like the way you've brought the story of Saint Anthony into this fic and wound it through his complicated past and present. It has a rather nice end effect :)

The end broke my heart a little bit. Poor Tony!

1Styx and Stones1 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Oh, wow. That was awesome!

You got into Tony's head in a way that I just can't seem to do. I've been battling writer's block all week, and now I'm jealous...

This was so bittersweet, and I loved how you tied in the 'St. Anthony,' poem, which I'm well-acquainted with. It made me smile to think about little Tony, but at the same time it broke my heart a teeny bit.

Keep writing. This was fantastic.
mamamia1964 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
very sweet...I liked it!
scousemuz1k chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
VP2000 sent me a lovely cropped photo of Tony lying back against his hospital pillow; his eyes said it all.

This story says perfectly what his eyes said then; very sad and very well told. Thank you.
NickTonyK chapter 1 . 10/10/2011