Reviews for To Walk A Mile In someone else's Shoes
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Read marker
Ravenclaw Midnight Blue chapter 8 . 2/3/2012
Sorry for reviewing late. I've proofread this chapter.

Some grammatical errors. An pg 1 example of the most common one is: "...Let alone know how to deal with it." He said.

Try "...Let alone know how to deal with it," he said.

And when someone's speech ends in an exclaimation or question, the follow up of 'He/She asked/said' still needs to start with a small case, not a capital letter. I.e 'He said.' is not a complete sentence by itself.

'waist' should be 'waste' (in the paragraph on Divination). Ginny and Neville were making goo goo eyes through (not threw) the entire class.

Storywise, I'm impressed. The tale feels more integrated and better for having Ron and Hermione in the mix. And I'm looking forward to Ron being told the truth by 'Harry' and 'Luna'. I can see him saying: "Blimey! I really didn't believe you were THAT INTO each other!" LOL.

The Pensieve copy spell is interesting, too. Keep up the good work!

PS; I've found in Ch7, the spelling errors 'hansom' (should be 'handsome'), and 'isle' (as in wedding aisle).
alichi chapter 8 . 1/31/2012
Ron in Hermiones body? Nightmare fuel.

Hope they can talk some sense into convincing Hermione that her and Ron's problems are not something that a genderswitch can solve...And set her up with someone who deserves her and would actually help and encourage her in her pursuits.
Arpad Hrunta chapter 8 . 1/30/2012
I was surprised I hadn't review this story yet, as I've been following it from the beginning. So here goes!

I've been quite enjoying it. It's very unique, and quite different from most other things I've read. I'm always a fan of a good Harry/Luna romance, and this is a neat spin on it.

In the current chapter, it's good that it's Hermione who has found out about the situation, and it will be very helpful to the former Harry in her life as the new Luna. Ex-Luna/Now-Harry might find Ron similarly helpful.

Somehow I think Ron and Hermione doing a switch will make things worse for them, and not better, as I see Hermione living as Ron for a short while would just get even more fed up with him. I hope to be proven wrong!
god of all chapter 8 . 1/30/2012
Great chapter and story so fair pleases continue this story soon.
ceo55 chapter 8 . 1/30/2012
Thank you for the story! The ideas you express are not something I am comfortable with reading so I will delete this story from my alert list and wish you very, very good luck with the story and your plot line! Thank you for taking time to write and share your thoughts and ideas, it just so happens that your ideas and mine are not compatible in this story! May good fortune be yours in the years ahead!

ceo55
Tinithor chapter 7 . 1/4/2012
Another interesting chapter. Quite a unique story. I hope you keep writing it.
Dumbledork chapter 7 . 12/29/2011
I really like the story so far. Very nice read.
Ravenclaw Midnight Blue chapter 7 . 12/26/2011
Okay... First draft error: 'I interrupted, outraged by the belief that my current gender, wasn't able to defeat Voldemort.

"No it was because Voldemort himself, would never have viewed a baby girl as a threat.'

Try: 'I interrupted, outraged by the belief that my current gender wasn't able to defeat Voldemort.

"No - it was because Voldemort himself would never have viewed a baby girl as a threat.'

Other comments: From your favourite stories list, you are clearly besotted with the idea of Harry becoming a girl, which perhaps explains why you still haven't made clear in this story how the real Luna feels about becoming a boy - physically, emotionally, or socially. I know it's been only two days for Luna-as-Harry to adjust - but has he socialised with Ron and Hermione, Seamus, Neville or Dean, now that he's a Gryffindor? Where have Luna's eccentricities gone, since the transfer? And given their frienship, are Ron and Hermione going to be told by Harry-as-Luna what has happened?

Lily and James' acceptance of Harry being a girl seems too 'pat'.

The story is good - but there's too much on Harry being a girl, at the expense of the real Luna's self-reflections on being male(a lack of balance), and not enough of Ron, Hermione, etc. Hope this positive criticism helps!
ceo55 chapter 7 . 12/25/2011
The premise of the story is very hard to conceive as possible and Harry as a girl is my own prejudiced attitude, I just can't picture it. You have built a good story plot and even with my thoughts I compliment you! Happy New Year to you!

ceo55
dennisud chapter 7 . 12/25/2011
A very intriguing story! Great use of an original idea, at least in the HP category! Would like to see more and I'm recommending this one to my HP groups!
nim istar chapter 5 . 12/5/2011
this is an interesting concept and all, but it's also really weird. i mean how much of a narcissist do you have to be to want to date yourself, even if the other you is just someone parading around in your body.
Ravenclaw Midnight Blue chapter 6 . 12/3/2011
Several places where you have confused 'to' for 'too', and vice versa. 'Ora' should be 'aura'. Seventh line from the Chapter's end: "Becoming Luna Lovegood permanently would mean I wasn't there son anymore. No matter how much I hate being Harry Potter and wish to escape it. I can't give up being their child." 'There' should be 'their'. And the last two sentences should be one, linked by a dash. You have a habit throughout the story of unnecessarily having a sentence split into two. Rather. Like this.

I'm puzzled why, even in private, Harry-as-Luna insists calling Luna-as-Harry 'Harry' - and thinking of him as Harry. Even, during a well-written and lovely sex scene, calling out Harry's name, instead of "Luna!" Likewise, the real Luna keeps addressing Harry-as-Luna as Luna. Granted, they don't want to give the game away to others - and you probably didn't want to confuse readers with the name-terms that I use in my compatable story - but in private, they would surely address each other by their birth names?

However, you have written an intelligent, engaging story!
Tinithor chapter 6 . 11/23/2011
Hrmmm i wonder if Luna (as Harry now i guess) would feel the same way about how her father would feel about her becoming a male.

Will be interesting to see the conversation with Harry's parents though.
Tinithor chapter 5 . 11/10/2011
Well this certainly is a unique story. I suppose the beggining of the story implies that eventually they will switch places forever?
183 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »