Reviews for The FEAR Tracker
Laurie Jupiter chapter 15 . 7/22/2013
This was a nice read. I liked the description of the rat's disembowelment, that was particularly disturbing though it gives a good perspective on how they survive. It's a sad, sad condition that Fairport is in when people have to scrounge for rats to cook. Though that did make me wonder if there were any food/medical airdrops? I was wondering since people outside have to be wondering and concerned for the remaining survivors, it's likely that there would be attempts at humanitarian aid but I suppose there are issues with that.

I also liked the introduction of the Abominations, and it comes across on here. Their scrawls do bring to mind the cult-worshipers in FEAR 3, but I like how it's done here better. It's deranged and primal.

Also wondering if Leine has any psychic abilities? I'm assuming she's been dreaming of Alma and the little premonition she had there about the lights made me think that she might be psychic.

It's also great to see a chapter from Jenna's perspective but I'm really hoping that Morgan and Leine both made it out. Again, great chapter!

PS Not sure what's happening with FF at the moment but my review wasn't coming through under my account so my apologies in advance if you receive multiple review notifications from me.
Laurie Jupiter chapter 13 . 7/22/2013
Chapter 15:

Skullface chapter 15 . 7/19/2013
Nice update Alardem, I liked how to detailed the scene where Jenna was cutting open the rat and taking out all the organs and other intestines in order for she and her fellow survivors to eat propperly. The monsters that you described in this chapter also reminded me of the abominations from F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin in a way. I also noticed that you put in a cultist message from the third game too, So I guess this means that you might mention the 'cultist' in the story more then right?

I have to wonder now if Jenna is actually going to survive since this chapter details her very drive for survival along with her fellow survivors. I am rooting for her to at least make it near the end of your story, but then again this is F.E.A.R. and your story so I don't know if you have something tragic in store for poor Jenna.

I also had this thought while mid-reading this chapter about a scenario where the Tracker comes in contact with the survivors or Jenna. I am not saying you should have something like that, I am just saying that it is something I thought about when reading.

But regardless this is a good story and I lke how you give a personal persepective of your characters through their narration. It really lets the readers know what goes on in their head.
Skullface 12-23-1994 chapter 15 . 7/10/2013
Good chapter. I think I will re-read this story so that I can refresh my memory of everything since my memory is strain at the moment. But don't worry about a thing. I will re-read it for sure.

Will wait for the next update in the mean time.
Laurie Jupiter chapter 15 . 7/7/2013
Glad you updated! :) This chapter was pretty gruesome. It was great to finally get a background on the Tracker and her connection to Farah. That poor girl though - the Tracker more or less treated her like some underling rather than a true equal (didn't even really love her back considering she just more or less treated her like a possession, at least that's what I'm getting from the chapter), and I'm guessing she was also killed just for expressing some romantic feelings towards the Tracker - that's just so sad.
Also, it was a nice segway into a glimpse of the Tracker's psychic abilities - really cool to see how it sort of differs from Alma's powers.
I also liked how you set up a scene for the Remnants and showed the concept in such an unsettling matter. The idea of people being trapped in their own dead bodies is pretty macabre. Really makes the idea come to life, how these people are tortured so endlessly by being Alma's playthings. Seems like the Tracker's slowly starting to lose it though, and I don't blame her. Alma obviously doesn't like it when people get into her business. I can't wait for the next installment! :) This is getting so good!
BrazeRancor chapter 15 . 7/6/2013
Nercrovoir? As in a reservoir of the dead? That's pretty damn morbid. And that stage scene sounds spookier than anything FEAR ever showed me.
BrazeRancor chapter 14 . 6/24/2013
You've forged a work of art here. I'm thoroughly pressed.
Laurie Jupiter chapter 14 . 5/24/2013
What a rich plethora of characters you have here. The Tracker is one fascinating individual, she doesn't have inhumanly fast reflexes or psychic powers, so it's interesting to see how she responds to the horror that she sees in Fairport without being too clinical or detached. She's getting closer and closer to uncovering the dirty little secrets that Armacham and Hoyle have been hiding. While we're on the subject, the political power play between the Senator and ATC is something I'm hoping to see more of. I also like how you incorporated James Fox from Dark Signal, I always wondered what the families of the soldiers who died in the Auburn District would have to say about the things going on. You really set up the suspicion and disbelief nicely. It's also really chilling to read about some of the things going on in the ruined streets of the city - gangsters out of control and raping women. Gore and killing everywhere. And the cultists worshipping that mannequin-render of Alma is really creepy, but I like these better than the ones they had in F3AR.

As always, great writing. We need more stories like this.

Hope to see you pick this one up again in the near future.
Skullface 12-23-1994 chapter 5 . 12/4/2012
This story needs more reviews than what it has after being on here for so damn long.
Skullface 12-23-1994 chapter 14 . 11/21/2012
Again another chapter done good. I wish that my story itself could have such vocabulary, and have such a number of reviews. On a side note my friend, I have obtained aid from a beta. I hope that my own story can do well now with grammatical errors, and past and present tense. Anyways, I like yours story and I am sure that many others like it.
WrittenWithPencils chapter 14 . 11/21/2012
Trouble's brewing, I see? Well, then. How will they manage?
Skullface 12-23-1994 chapter 13 . 11/20/2012
I feel a somewhat small bit of pity for Carl Anderson. At least whatever wrong he had done in the past is no longer left to haunt him now. I will continue on with this story, and I am hoping for the best of this story. I don't expect a whole lot of you, only that which makes you happy with your work. Writers should love their work.
Skullface 12-23-1994 chapter 12 . 11/18/2012
This was a good chapter, I like how you made the character 'Farah' seem mysterious until the end. I also like how you made Alma. Some writers, and I mean only 'Some' are able to get her very personality right. I like how you made Alma's some people get her right, others don't. The hard thing about a F.E.A.R. fic, is that getting the monstrous somewhat motherly like lady aka genocidal ghost's very personality done right. In this case, you did a swell job.
Skullface 12-23-1994 chapter 11 . 11/17/2012
This was a pretty good chapter man. It gave a perspective on the survivors of the Fairport affair. I like what you did here, but also I have a question. Are these the character from your role-play? I ask because that keeps popping into my head.

But either ways I enjoy this story, and look forward to the finisher of the whole thing. Personally stories such as these that are original need more reviews and favs or other wise followers. I like this story and that is why I say this.
Skullface 12-23-1994 chapter 10 . 11/11/2012
Cool you are adding those characters from your role play. That's pretty neat. I am going to safely guess that the Tracker is going to go and kill those people, then right? I will check out the next chapter when I can, but I have to do other matters. I really like this story, and if by and chance you get this, may we converse? If not then that is fine. But either way I really like this story.