Reviews for That Which is Greater: Trick or Treat
Guest chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Damn this story still gives me the feels like it did the first time. ] So many re-reads and the emotion is still evoked... the sign of a truely brilliant story.
resaw chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Love this story. Two lines in particular got me in a lol state of mind:
"Ew, Daddy, you know you're not supposed to do that in front of Major Casey Sir!"
"Let me guess," Chuck said. "You're Cyndi Lauper." "Who?" Lizzie the nanny asked, and Chuck immediately felt old.
"I didn't know Barbie was a spy!" "Really?" Casey muttered under his breath. "Because the evidence is right in front of—oof!"
This is not so much funny as interesting and touching: My..." She tilted her head and gave Sarah and Chuck an odd look, as if she couldn't quite decide Sarah's title all of a sudden. "Sarah gave it to me..."
Great stuff.
Oxnate chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Wonderful story and wonderful series.
Alaster Raz chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
My favorite OC of the OC I have ever read. Violet Bartowski is the epitome of what all OC's should be. Funny, inquisitive, and very short. I look forward to the other stories of this series you've posted/will post.
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Man, I got tired just reading about Chuck dealing with Vi.
Crumby chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Apart from the evident fun and adorableness of any story involving Violet Bartowski, that goes without saying, and Greater: Halloween certainly didn't disappoint in that regard, one thing I love about your stories is the mysteries. Or the clues. It depends how we see it.

Here, whether it is what was the bet that brought the costumes; or what “the Incident” was; or what exactly Violet’s uncertainty or whatever this is regarding Sarah is; or what is Team B situation for Sarah to be going off on mission like she was in Nigeria, but she and Casey are still living in Spy Casa; or how come every adult seemed to know about Sarah; or who/what is Sir... Yeah, that’s a lot of questions, but it isn’t confusing either. It doesn’t distract from what is currently happening: Halloween. It just adds to it. And I get such a kick out of these things. So, thank you.

And it also contributes to that world building you do so well. I mean, Greater is such a unique universe, with very distinctive aspects, and billion of little things... Anyway, moving on...

"Are you going to wear glitter, too?" / "Not unless Sarah is." :)

"Sarah, perhaps realizing that she was once again bringing up a spy job, stopped abruptly." That one time in Pakistan… :D

Are all Greater: Holidays stories going to involved public decency/indecency at some point? ;-) Not that I mind. Could it involve Chuck and his shoulders next time? Come on, you know you want to!

Not sure why, but Sarah’s “beige” comment reminded me of Fates!Sarah’s “Also, the curtains are organdy,” and well, it just made me happy. :) I am not mixing up the stories, though, I promise! ;-) Wouldn’t that get even more confusing? I don’t think my brain could take it.

"There was no evidence of contraband anywhere on his daughter's person." I loved that line.

"Kissing police." Hee.

Those characters are fun, and the interactions you write are so great. I loved to see the whole gang (although, I have to admit I missed Ellie a little bit).

One thing I thought about rereading this story is that it's in Chuck's POV, but the other characters are so alive and real and present in it. Maybe, that was also because this story was mostly just fun stuff, I don't know, but I've always found pretty incredible how you manage to put so many details in the story and action, but at the same time it goes relatively fast. We don't get lost in way too long pause or descriptions, there aren't any dull moments, if that makes any sense... I don't think I'm explaining myself well, but the point was: I like that! :) If Yvonne could make reading the phone book interesting, I think if you were to write it, you'd manage to create an entire awesome phone book universe.

And finally, I *cannot* not say anything about the costumes, because that was awesome, and so fitting.

Thank you for this story. :)
ThereIsAnother chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
I’m not so great at reviewing, I try to as much as I can because I really want the author to know how special they are and how much I appreciate their efforts. Unfortunately, I let other things bog me down and I get “review lazy”.

However, this story, and of course the story that precedes it has to be some of the most touching moments I’ve ever read. I’m not sure if you have kids or not, but I have three and they are my life. The ability you have to just completely get the character of Vi spot on is incredible. I swear I want to go right out there an adopt that little girl. She has to be the cutest thing in this world and there is not a line you write about her that doesn’t put a smile on my face.

What is even more incredible is how you create the “family” type atmosphere with, pardon the word, misfits, and turn it in to a family that is so close, and have such a strong bond that no one can break. From Chuck to Sarah, Casey, Morgan, Ellie and Devon, everyone you just feel like they would do anything for each other and you are able to create uniqueness for each one. You don’t write them as the same old drones that a lot of other stories write, almost as if they are just after thoughts. You bring them to life in a way that feels to me as if I’m watching an episode of Chuck the way it should be or should have been.

There are a lot of great writers out there that can tell a great story. I think you go above and beyond that to where your stories bring out the characters and make them so real. You have great story plots, but its your characters that drive the story not the other way around. At least that is how I feel when I read your stuff.

I respect you for what you have brought to this community and I know when I read something of yours, I will never feel cheated. Thank you Frea for making Chuck more than just a TV show and letting us for the moment step out of this world and into yours. You rock!
Hypnotoad chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Cute story, really enjoyed reading it!
klingoncowboy chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
Heh... a commando Sarah as Tink... I think my brain fried... thanks Frea...

As always it was well written and very amusing. Thank you kindly for sharing!
BrittJK chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
That was adorable! I love your "world" so to say and hope you keep writing in it. Violet is so adorable and I can totally see Sarah in the sluttiest while still being classy Tink outfit. Now if only we get to see Casey as hook... Great job and can't wait for more!
PeterOinNYC chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
What fun! What absolute fun! Sarah Tinkerbell Walker finally appears, with glitter no less. She is playful and mischievous and ... comfortable. She reminds me so much Walkers Eleven's Sarah, and I thank you for that call back.

Spy Barbie - really! The whole scene was cool, but the part where every adult's head turned to look at Sarah - hmmm, you said it's up to us to figure out what has changed & what hasn't and this one has me thinking.

John Captain Hook Casey - wow! The image is pleasantly burned into my mind & I hope that someone gets the bright idea to actually make it so. And kissing police? Is this another thing that has changed?

Did I say glitter? I should have. Neither could say they actually minded and neither did I.

And the confident Chuck I like so much from the future out takes of TWIG - the one who know Sarah has fallen for him, but not in an obnoxious way.

I read this on my iPhone several times yesterday (internet finally up, Yeah!) and again this morning. Thanks for putting a smile on my face - it may take a while to wipe it off.
Chas58 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
If Vi's Chucks daughter, and Sarah's not her mother. Then where

is her mother and who is her mom?

I lied the story, by the way.
Dan Schultz chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Great story. Like the way VI holds everyone together. Keep up the great story. Love everything you put on paper.
uplink2 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Got to say this was a lot of fun to come back after a weekend away to. Loved the look into the "Greater" universe future. Chuck and Sarah are together at least physically and loved the little hint of the confusion into what Vi should call Sarah and what her title was. Hinting at more to come. She is obviously more than just her dad's friend and Major Casey Sir's sister.

Also a babbling Chuck is always fun to read when he is confronted with a vision of a fantasy that is Sarah Walker.

Nicely done and these little vignettes from the universes you have created are always entertaining and give us such great insight into what is actually going on.

Thanks again.
AdmiralK chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Wonderful job Frea! I just love this story. I was laughing so hard at the line "Dating Sarah Walker had its perks—a lot of them—but it also came with a lot of brain-melting, stunned stupid moments, too." You have done a wonderful job with the interactions between all the characters. Casey as Captian Hook was just brilliant. Loved the ending.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »