Reviews for To Save a Life
XtremeFan394 chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
I loved it!:)
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
I completely agree with you. Remus was very quick to accept the truth in the third book. I personally thought it was because he /wanted/ to trust Sirius because he still had his doubts, but this seem plausable too.

I'm not a huge fan of first person POV but it worked with this piece. And incorporating "How to save a life" was wonderful. I'm glad that you didn't put the actual lyrics in there because it would have distracted from the overall flow of the story.

Though, I have to admit the last part seemed /summarish/. But other than that, well done :D
Witch07 chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
I love this story, I can't listen to the song the same way anymore without thinking about this. Love it!
Pesky Ixy Pesternomi chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
This actually makes a lot of sense and is perfectly believable in the canon. I think it was well written and reflects the feelings Remus would have been feeling at that point in time rather exceptionally. I didn't notice any grammatical errors, but I'm the worst sort of person to ask about that sort of thing. I would really like to see a continuation of this, perhaps Remus dealing with his own thoughts once he's left Azkaban?
ToxicRainfall chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
This was an amazing and very powerful story. I love the idea that Lupin visited Sirius in Azkaban, and I’m glad you’ve made it so that he believed him for the 12 years he was imprisoned. I liked the bit where Lupin called him by his surname, as the hurt on Sirius’ face sounds so sad and the impersonality of it is really upsetting!

But the last paragraph was the best part of the story, I think, and the last few lines were very strong, and I loved them. Overall, it was an awesome and interesting piece. Thank you for entering this competition :)
TayaCurragh chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
I like this story :) Interesting idea, to have Remus visit Sirius. Poor Remus, thinking that it was partly his fault, and that he should have been able to tell what Sirius was going to do. It's surprising that he didn;t think that Sirius denied it because he had gone mad, as a lot of the other prisoners went mad in there. It was sweet to see that Remus believed him.

I like how you wrote it in Remus' point of view rather than third person, as it portrays the emotion of the event a lot better than third person would have. Overall, a great story and I enjoyed reading it :)
Shadowed93 chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
It's nice to think of them having at least one time to see each other before they meet again in prisoner of azkaban :) This was well written, and easy to believe. Lupin is still full of grief for all the friends he has lost and Sirius is finding it hard to come to terms with being in prison despite not being guilty. I think you showed their characters well and did a very good job :)
iambookworm chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
GOing to cry, going to cry, going to cry so bloody much. Gosh... you really know how to reduce a person to tears, don't you? Breathe deeply, breathe deeply. Lovely story 3
TheKikGeek chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Oh my God, I started crying when I read this! It was amazingly written and I felt like I was in the room with them when they talked! Awesome!
love-is-my-language chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Very nice story! The interactions, thoughts, and feelings were very real. Just a note - you switched verb tenses a few times, you need to stay in either past or present. Past that, good story - it could have been in the book! :)
CasWithAShotgun chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Absolutely brilliant. All I have to say :) There needs to be more FanFics like this out there! Awesome job :D