Reviews for The Boggart and the Bridge
Brilliant. Call me crazy, but I reckon you could go a little harder with the creepiness, if you wanted to. I also expected Hermione to feel like her magic could have collapsed the bridge. As a point of interest, I'm a muso and I hear London Bridge in G maj/Em with this story - quite high, and not at all where I would usually play it or hear it (i learnt it in C, probably, or C is most common in Australia. I'd arrange it in A, but like a 7th down from where I heard it in your story.) I I heard it here A lot higher, in fact, with a little bit of grit on the F#. I dunno if you're into music, but I always find it interesting to know how readers interpret, and part of that for me is obviously a musical dimension. Anyway, whether you know what I mean or not, I thought you'd want to know, and know that your writing was evocative enough to give me a wholly different vibe, intense enough to distort the notes of a tune I've know all my life.
Bjalf chapter 1 . 3/17
I always found that song creepy, though I've never known more than the first verse. I imagine hearing the voice of an innocent young girl, a little distant, as heard through an echo of time. There's some kind of unspeakable horror behind the song, a warning to all "fair ladies" to get the hell out of London before it's too late. Something's coming by way of sea, accidentally destroying the bridge in the process, which everyone knows to be the first warning sign. That "something" is particularly interested in "fair ladies", for whatever horrifying purpose.

I'm greatly comforted to learn that it's just the senseless sacrifice of an innocent child.
it... wasn't that bad in the end? (your writing was brilliant as always, i meant that it wasn't scary as i thought it would be...? i've been ruined by modern times, idk)
chibi heishi chapter 1 . 5/13/2016
... you really excel at creepy, you know that? At least this one had a semi decent ending, and that poor little girl finally gets someone to notice her.
folkvangr chapter 1 . 3/25/2016
Fantastic story!
thebetawholived chapter 1 . 12/18/2015
A very unusual visit - worth a read!
WolfWinks chapter 1 . 12/13/2015
This was amazing. Seriously loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
Very unexpected twist, but I totally loved it!
Bladre MKT chapter 1 . 7/2/2015
This is... is good, but a bit odd... airy, like some more could come from it. Still quite fun.
Gleas chapter 1 . 5/11/2015
interesting...
bellachaos chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
So this was a bit creepy but well worth the read. Nice work.
NeekahLordSkimmonsLove chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
Loved it
VanillaSlash chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
Very moving and creative. I love this happy ending! Excellent writing, excellent plot.
Kurai Ummei chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
Awwww. That was lovely. Creepy, but lovely.
LadyOfBirds chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
*Snorts* That last sentence. Dat boggart. Dat story.