Reviews for Black Velvet Kings
Angellovee chapter 13 . 4/13/2013
Well I've been here too. Did you find my journal? I was engaged when I met the love of my life and even though it was painful, I made the right choice. Even if I had know he would get sick one day, I would have made the same choice.
Angellovee chapter 12 . 4/13/2013
I'm angry. I want to ask you why. How could you bring this into my escape? My days are MS and my nights are fan fiction. But then I realize that maybe they are someone else's escape too. For 3 years I have watched my best friend, this gorgeous healthy man that can do anything, literally, that he decides to do on a whim. He wants to bow hunt, in weeks he's winning tournaments. He wants to be a volunteer fire fighter and he was for 4 yrs. His first job was in the refineries doing crazy dangerous things that they filmed as an example of how to do it right. My best friend is 34 and bed ridden after 3 yrs with MS. He needs help with everything. He has been humbled and embarrassed and loved through every painful day. And everyday I hold in the tears but tonight he woke to me crying. He tried his best to just hug me but even that is a struggle. I know someone in the fandom is probably going through the same thing and needs to let the tears flow. Tomorrow is another day. Take a deep breath. MS is still going to be a part of it and so will you and I. ...Breathe.
Angellovee chapter 9 . 4/13/2013
i'm scared to click the "next" button. This sounds just like when my husband got his diagnosis. Multiple Sclerosis. All the little things that came and went away. Things that mean nothing until they're all lined up on paper. Dizzy spell, numb fingers, head aches, joint pain, numb left leg, exhaustion, night sweats, weight loss. MRI on our anniversary, diagnosis on my birthday 10 days later. I feel sick.
fyrebirch chapter 16 . 4/13/2013
Man, all the waiting and she didn't even make it to him. Guess I know she'll be seeing him for sure next chapter :) II am obviously a WIP kind of girl, but I am loving this story to death and you are writing it beautifully, as usual.
malleelee chapter 16 . 4/12/2013
Not knowing where and what Edward plans to do leaves many questions. Hopefully, he has been told Bella walked o the wedding. If not, we could be guest to an Edward and Bella blow up if he has decided to take a new gal pal, even for only a short time.
Unimaginative Olena chapter 16 . 4/12/2013
I hope there isn't going to be a car accident or something like that. And I hope Edward sees her in the audience. And I want them to be happy again!

Unimaginative Olena chapter 15 . 4/12/2013
Wow, I'm on a roll today, two correct guesses!

I would go if I were Bella.

Unimaginative Olena chapter 14 . 4/12/2013
Unimaginative Olena chapter 13 . 4/12/2013
My heart breaks for all of them, for Bella, and Edward, and Garrett. :(

I wonder what's in that paper though, maybe an announcement of retirement?

Unimaginative Olena chapter 12 . 4/12/2013
But... but... she hasn't finished his letter! I'm so sad I was right about MS :( poor Bella.

MoJo40 - Ffaddward chapter 16 . 4/12/2013
I don't think he's coming home though. I think he's gonna move to London or some shit. He's not done breaking her yet.
Unimaginative Olena chapter 11 . 4/12/2013
I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm crying for Edward here. I said it myself, Bella was right to let him go, but still, I'm crying for him :'(

MoJo40 - Ffaddward chapter 15 . 4/12/2013
I'm still waiting a dreading the part that would make everything worse!
To be honest, I'm scared shitless about what's going to happen. Will Edward fuck up again?
Will Bella have a set back with her decease?
Will something happen to Masen?
MoJo40 - Ffaddward chapter 14 . 4/12/2013
She's choosing herself and Masen and I fucking applaud her for that. Now I only have to figure out if she's going to stick to it or go running after Ego-ass-can't-keep-promises-for-shit-ward!

I'm routing for Bella and Masen...and Charlie, and Rose, and Emmett, and Esme, and Carlisle...LOL
HeatherMaven chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Sorry for the super long review, but I have to tell you my favorite parts. I basically could quote the whole chapter but will only post a few

"I'm also pretty good at casually pushing aside Garrett's clothes as I dig through our – my – closet for an old t-shirt I know is stashed somewhere in the back. It's easy to reach over Garrett's toothbrush in the medicine cabinet as I go for my own. It's effortless, the way I weave my way amongst his belongings casually scattered in the bedroom and bathroom, left behind by someone who had expected to return. It's all so easy." What a realization!

"Because I've come to realize that every day I spend with that boy downstairs, those are the good days. And I can only hope that when Edward – if Edward – really does come back to us… then I hope he can come to realize the same." As a Mom, I totally relate!

I could highlight the whole fucking chapter...

"What are you staring at?" I ask finally, wrinkling my nose as I inhale another bite of pizza.

"Nothing." He shakes his head and seems to snap out of it. "You just remind me of someone right now."

My mouth is full but I still ask, "Really? Who?"

He grins, eyes twinkling as he answers, "You."

More crying...

"But then I realized that all that shit didn't really matter, because my little brother was coming home. My best friend is finally coming home. And that's kind of amazing."

"Twenty years I've know Edward. And over twenty years, he's been my best friend, my boyfriend, the father to my child, and a complete stranger. Sometimes all of it, all at once". Holy shit! Amazing

And the line that sums it all up.
"I think a part of me has been ready since the day he left."

I don't think I could love this story any more than I do! How much do we have left?
725 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »