Reviews for Zigeunerweisen
xoxo chapter 1 . 6/16
The idea of Xanxus having a musically inclined mother is lovely

\and well done. *sniffs*
Hesper-M chapter 1 . 7/18/2015
Ehm... First of all, hello SushiBomb!
I've read many stories of yours, and I finally decided to review one of them.
So... Let me say I really enjoyed this fanfiction!
The first thing I noticed is that you really write beautifully. I really love your writing style: the words you use, all the details, those desctiptions... They all help to make the story more enjoyable and beautiful.

Next I'd like to talk about the plot.
I've never thought about the possibility that Xanxus's mother could play an instrument. And not an easy one, but the violin (which, in my opinion, is one of the hardest to play, if not the hardest)! The fact that she's gotten old and she couldn't play that beautiful instrument like when she was younger was kind of sad. Losing a talent, even if not completely, is always frustrating. That's why we all have to keep doing the things we're good at.

Another thing that surprised me was that Xanxus was actually looking for his mother. We don't know anything about their relationship, so thank you for letting us know your opinion! Also because I've never thought about that before.

Then... Wow, Bel can play the violin as well? What a coincidence... Our Varia boss, no matter what, will be always surrounded by people who can play that instrument. Which is a good and a bad thing, I mean for him. On one hand he'll never forget a part of his childhood; on the other hand, it'll always remind him the fact that his mother can't play her violin as good as before, which is a pity.

It's interesting to know why Bel plays the piano too. At first you can share Xanxus's thoughts, so you can say: "Well, since he's royalty, he was taught to play an instrument". But then you find out that... Well, it's not like that. And that surprised me. Bel plays the violin because he loves it and it was the only thing Rasiel couldn't do better than him. I can understand his feelings: it's sad to have someone who's better than you in everything you do. And, when you find something this person can't do, you just keep practicing- because you don't want to lose this talent you've just found out you have. And I can see myself a lot in that "I play my instrument just as long as I'm the only living thing in my house". You know, when I feel like playing my transverse flute (yes, I've started playing it when I was 11), I always make sure no one is in my house, or at least near my room. And, if someone comes into my bedroom while I'm playing, I feel kinda embarassed. I don't know, I think my music is something personal.

Anyway. What a coincidence: Bel can play the same tune Xanxus's mother used to play. And, as if it wasn't enough, the two musicians share the same favourite music!
I think my favourite part was the one where Bel played the music after his Boss has asked him to do that. With your descriptions I could feel the same feelings of the characters: Bel's concentration and passion for what he was doing, and Xanxus's feelings while listening to that sad piece.

I really enjoyed the ending as well. The flashback ends with Xanxus giving her mother a new violin. Wonderful. It was a pity that the woman probably didn't recognise her son, though. Even if she did call Varia's Boss "My son", I don't think she meant it was her real son.

In conclusion, I think it's really worth reading this fanfiction. Not only is the writing beautiful, but also it has got an interesting plot.
So thank you for sharing!

And, just one thing: I'm really sorry if this review is written in an... awkward English. The said language isn't my mother language -.- So okay.

With this I'm done.
Ciao!

H.M.
kalmaegi chapter 1 . 1/7/2015
Ouch. This isn't tears stabbing my eyes damnit. It's not. It doesn't sting. It doesn't.
juz-a-reviewer chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
*CRIES* The emotions here were so heartfelt. You described the emotions so well I can feel it. And I like how you portrayed Xanxus. Not a lot of people can bring out his character as well as you do.
LaughterGirl chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
I actually cried when I read this... It reminded me of something very similar to my own life and it was a very well written piece.. Thank you
Kildosad chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
It's beautiful...
Angel-Amy-22 chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
THIS IS SSSSOOOOOO CUTE! XD n I love the ending and how bel and him were actually nice and fluffy- sorry I'm blabbing again anyways great story:D
Mockingjay Rose chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Amazing!
InsaneKAT chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Undoubtedly one of the best pieces I have ever seen of Xanxus. Personally, there was a certain part of the song is a little too fast and light-hearted for me, and the difficulty of the piece has stumped me greatly.

Very beautiful.
Fluffness chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
This was wonderful. Really is a bittersweet piece that you've created, but I still like to see things on the brighter side, so more sweet than bitter for me. It's nice to see Xanxus just doing one act of kindness during his birthday. Brilliant fic.
Reidluver chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
(sorry got distracted by something) BWAAAA! That was just so adorable! I loved it! I really like the take on Xanxus's mum. I also really liked the interaction between Xanxus and Bel there. Nice to kind of see them out of their element, and don't worry-I'm really liking the image of Bel playing the violin like that. XD Is the significance being that it's a rather elegant and high society type of instrument or something that Rasiel couldn't achieve?

And the ending was quite sad, but really brilliant at the same time.
miyame-chan chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
this. is. so. sad! i'm pretty sure there were tears in the corner of my eyes. and i agree with you that Zigeunerweisen is not a cheerful tune (i was listening to it while i read.) :)
Cavallo Alato chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
Wow, I nearly cried; that was so...ahhh adjectives, why do you escape me at such a time?

But you get what I mean ~ that was beautiful. I could easily envision Bel playing, and being a violin player myself, I can understand his passion for it.

This story...I wonder if his mother will ever remember Xanxus?
Nightsmoke chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Ahh, Zigeunerwiesen, brings back memories. I've played that piece so many times I know it by heart (orchestra part of course, since I'm not a violinist). I've heard friends play it, teachers play it, and it truly is an amazing piece. I try to play it for fun sometimes, but it doesn't work so great on the cello xDD

Really touching story here!
100percentcocoa chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Oh my gosh this is beautiful. So wonderful. I'm speechless. You really are an awesome author, you know that?

I can totally imagined Bel played the violin like that. And I sensed a tiny little XB here, btw. Like it X3

The last part made my creyes x(

Fav this. And happy belated birthday, Xanxus!