Reviews for How To Be
ShaniJP chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
This was about 2,000 different kinds of awesome. :)
unusedaccountgoaway chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
When I read this, I had a permanent smile on my writing is amazing, and I definitely expect to read more...
iamwriter chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
sweet.
RowdyRomantic chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
very very nice!
Caprigirl60 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Yay Bailey good job. What an adorable story. It's nice to hear what's going on in their heads. I really enjoyed it.
penandra chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
A GREAT first fic! Thank you so much for sharing with us . . . I really love the stream of consciousness thinking. Great job.
BabyBones chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Wow! This was amazing! The ending was beautiful. :'(

Thank you for sharing! :)
jadedrepartee chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Congratulations on your first fic!

This was an absolutely lovely piece. I'm so glad you decided to post it here. :)

I really liked the interplay you have here with the definitive statements followed up with the second guessing and the questions. It's a brilliant way to illustrate his doubts.

I LOVE that you showcased that HE gets how much she loves him with all the little things she does, and I love what you picked.

And the last two lines? Simply beautiful.

This was truly a job well done, and I hope it's the first of many! Welcome to the party! :)
harper83 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Excellent job. I loved it!
eitoph chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
I'm reviewing on the fly in my phone, but can I just say, this was truly brilliant!

The emotion here, and the ease between this characters is so rich and so vivid - it was just lovely to read. I love the idea that Brennan is the one to take things as they come, because she really has grown in these fantastic ways.

So glad that you decided to post this and so glad that I could help in some little way. This rocks!
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
WTF. Okay, 1) Twitter text notifications to my phone fail at LIFE. If Jenn hadn't flagged me down, I wouldn't have even known what I was missing. 2) Why the eff am I the only imaginary friend that wasn't in the know about this story in the works? Huh? 3) Umm, the next time you whine slash show any reluctance regarding posting fic, I'm going to straight up punch you in the throat. Seriously. 4) Reviews are addictive as frick and it looks like you've already got half a million of them, so I'd like to see you TRY and stop writing now.

She, who has never done this before ("you're my first, Booth," she says, and he knows what she means).

She shows him every day how to be Booth and Bones, together. Not just partners…or, maybe, finally partners? ("That's just semantics, Booth," she would say. "We're still us.")

Pretty narrative is my weakness, and the flow to this stream of consciousness is wonderful. I love the interjection of Brennan in these lines... the way you demonstrate that it's not one of them always in the lead or the other, but rather one person leading when the other requires a little more direction. And the roles aren't static; their role in the relationship changes just like Booth and Brennan themselves change.

AND OH MY GOD THE ENDING. The second last line was my absolute favourite and pretty much sent me running head first into the nearest wall. Not from panic, but from more happy emotions than I knew what to do with. The throwback to Harbringers was awesome (my fave line from the episode. Beats even Booth calling her 'baby' for me)Because there is something about him being dazzled by her, by the truth of her, by everything about her, that just fucking punches my heart in the best way possible. Well done, lady. Congratulations on your first posting!
razztaztic chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
This was awesome. I'm so glad you've decided to come out and play with us. :-d
nattylovesjordy chapter 1 . 10/10/2011

Two great lines right there. My favorite. But the. The last line popped up and that was funny and great, too. I like the "corrections" of Brennan's you came up with.

Thank you.
Alexsmom chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Hard to believe this is your first. It's really really good. I hope we'll see lots more from you. Thanks for taking the plunge!
Some1tookmyname chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Well I completely love this. Completely.

The entire opening is stunning. It just grabs hold and makes me love him and love how in love with her he is. Fantastic! "...he gets so lost he can't even think." SWOON!

"So he takes his cues from her. Who would have thought it, right?" Not many people would, but it works and I love how you lay it out for us.

"Instead, she shows him in a dozen small ways, every day. And for a woman so eloquent, so at home with language, it still amazes him that she does it without a single word." *sigh* Lovely.

"And each time, he is dazzled by her."

Brilliant. Well done, my friend! I'm so happy you took the plunge. You did great! Don't doubt it for a second. At the risk of sounding maternal, I'm proud of you! I absolutely love it!