Reviews for Just to Be
guest chapter 4 . 8/20
Dreadful, and dreadfully effective. And entirely believable. There is no limit to human cruelty, most especially that of the self-righteous.
guest chapter 3 . 8/20
Your characterization of Snape so far is perfect. This is precisely the reaction he would have, and who could blame him? (Nothing against HP but the overfamiliarity and simplistic thinking, but this ~is~ what SS would have to be feeling.)

Glastonbury's use of the kids, repeatedly torturing instead of killing them, is worse for the victims than Swift's 'solution.' I suspect that the only reason she hasn't succumbed to premature heart failure is that SS fears her replacement with someone worse.

I agree, BTW, with those reviewers who have lamented the lack of attention any other auth has given this problem, which was inevitable. I too have encountered no other treatment of it.

This fic is good enough overall for me to continue it even though it's labelled a Romance and hence will stick Snape with Granger, who IMO is not good enough for him. (A brilliant man like my headcanonical SS deserves far better than a plodding pedant however intelligent. There are smarts and smarts.)
DEEG1291 chapter 30 . 8/17
Oh my, what a story! I have felt it all with this. Heartbreak for all those kids, happiness at Sev and Harry being able to come to a resolution, Luna finding her calling, and of course our hero and heroine finding true love at last. So many feels! It really is a tour de force. Congratulations on a fabulous story.
Auntiebib chapter 30 . 8/7
This is one of my all time favourites! All the characters are so true to Canon that it is an absolute joy to read.
A wonderful and very different storyline with some very difficult issues is handled so well and the way intimacy is handled between characters is in step with the abuse of some very young characters.
Everything about the fic is just beautifully written and so well plotted that I’m sure I’ll keep coming back to it again and again.
gymnopedie chapter 30 . 3/29
Can't remember if I reviewed this or not, but this is one of the most unique and original SSHG fanfics I've read. Love your explanations of Patronus magic and how you explored the theme of how "the sins of the father" affect how cycles repeat (or not) from one generation to another. Thank you for this work!
CaramelMonkPA chapter 30 . 1/18
This is wonderful, thank you (reread)!
monkey201283 chapter 30 . 11/19/2021
Absolutely brilliant . Thanks for writing such an amazing tale.
cagzclarine chapter 30 . 4/30/2021
Histoire lue et relue toujours avec autant d'émotion. Tous vos personnages sont bouleversants, même ceux qu'on voit à peine et ne passent que par quelques lignes, comme des étoiles filantes. Magnifique d'humanité. Merci.
TigramIngrow chapter 30 . 4/6/2021
Rewelacyjna historia. Realna, wzruszająca, romantyczna. Niesamowicie mi się podoba!
CassiopeiaB chapter 30 . 12/11/2020
This was such a great story, thank you! I felt you really know very well where every character comes from and their development is so fitting. A lot of fics are spoilt for me, when Hermione and Snape have a very sappy wedding with flowers and everything - yours was just so perfect, in character like everything else. "Molly Weasly had volunteered to cook for everyone" made me tear up.
AABibliophile chapter 30 . 12/2/2020
I adore this fanfic. I’ve read it so many times and never get tire3d. A unique plot and a beautiful style of writing. Well done and thank you.
strivengoddess chapter 30 . 11/21/2020
Its been forever sense I've read this story, and yet it still makes me cry. lol
you did an amazing job with this work, its so beautiful.
Guest chapter 30 . 9/22/2020
This is a very wonderful fic! Original, sweet, intelligent, wonderful! Than you for share
Caramel4me chapter 30 . 9/14/2020
This was beautifully done! Thank you so much! Your characters are real and full, your story engaging and detailed. Thank you!
mom2divas chapter 30 . 8/18/2020
Omg what an emotional roller coaster! Very well written.
1,124 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »