Reviews for The Controlled Chaos of Free Will
Vort chapter 7 . 8/18/2012
No issues here with the rant against the jounin sensei's. I find myself particularly bothered by how the training of Team 7 was handled. What exactly did Kakashi teach them technique-wise beyond the tree climbing (other than the Chidori for Sasuke)? One would think a high-level jounin like Kakashi could figure out that Naruto's chakra control issues are primarily due to having a massive chakra supply. Of course this isn't addressed until during the chunin exams when Kakashi pawns Naruto off on Ebisu when his chakra has been made even worse by the five-pronged seal (I think that's what it was called) Orochimaru put on him. Sakura's training wasn't any better until she apprenticed to Tsunade.

Given that you're betting on us readers to guess which fic you'll use for Kurenai's viewing wrong, I'm going to guess that it won't be Team 8. Whatever fic it turns out to be, I'm looking forward to the next update.
TheTurtleWolf chapter 7 . 8/18/2012
So, then what's the next story viewed gonna be? S'tarKan's "Team 8"? That's the best I can come up with given the whole "different team assignment" angle and the fact that this question was given to Kurenai.
BlueMew24 chapter 7 . 8/18/2012
This is an interesting story. I like the way the stories are combined. I like your judgement of the teachers.
simaetha chapter 7 . 8/18/2012
I think there's more going on with Kakashi than laziness. Remember, Kakashi was one hell of a child prodigy - apparently he made chuunin at six or something ridiculous like that. And he's never taught a genin team before. I doubt he has any idea how to teach people who *don't* pick everything up from a few hints - he might not have any idea how to actually teach genin-level basics, when he himself clearly picked up everything by osmosis.
ryubimaru chapter 7 . 8/18/2012
is it team 8 by STarekan (not sure on spelling of authors name) i ask because it is kurenai's questeion her team and you even get examples of everything you indicated in the rant about how Naruto would change except for kiba(I think) including how she is killed by Itachi (which has potential to teach them all how to break the tsukiyomi espetially sasuke)
MWkillkenny84 chapter 7 . 8/18/2012
Is the next story the legendary "Team 8"?
Vote: 10
Knight of Anger and Love chapter 7 . 8/18/2012
Interesting chapter, and a very good representation of the senseis. Although, I've never thought of Kurenai as timid. *shrugs*

WRITE ON!
Fionn the Otaku chapter 7 . 8/17/2012
I think your being a bit to hard on Gai and Asuma, if he had A student like Naruto with a strong gift for Ninjutsu he'd seek out side help or help him to learn from scrolls and all of Asuma's students are semi-specialized in more or less secret family jutsu so his main job is teaching team work as well as helping them gain experiance.
BTW When it comes to the Hoshi-nin they are isolated and previous "Hoshikage" might have measured up better against the leaders of the five great villages.
Okazaki323 chapter 7 . 8/17/2012
Nice chapter. I'm going to guess here and say you're gonna use team 8
jeff22003 chapter 7 . 8/17/2012
Not that I don't love Team 8 and I do but you are not going to have us sit through all of it because it is too damn long as it stands alone. That guy needs a better editor.
dragoon109 chapter 7 . 8/17/2012
your work is pretty good. the only problem i have is asuma. to me he seems to be a more reactive type of teacher. if his students push more for teaching than he would give more in turn.
IMS chapter 7 . 8/17/2012
Thank you for that rant against Jiraiya. I revently re-read the manga again and had to notice that Naruto learned a ton more in the first couple months back in Konoha, and the months before he left, than in the YEARs with Jiraiya.

In fact, I don't think he learned anything on the trip besides KAI! and a bigger Rasengan...

I assume the next story will be Team 8?
I do not really like that choice. The problem with "reading" longer stories is that it gets bogged down to hell. Naruto reads Naruto drowned in the endless ocean of suck that was Yet Again,...

I would really recommend using short stories (25kwords) as targets, as otherwise it will get boring. And please, avoid to have more than one canon-retelling...
HolyMage Mouto chapter 7 . 8/17/2012
I can actually agree on your opinions of the sensei, though I do wonder if Gai actually knows much outside of Taijutsu, I can expect a couple fire ninjutsu and storage sealing knowledge from him as they are generally useful to know but I'm not sure of his knowledge outside that.
macdjord chapter 7 . 8/17/2012