Reviews for Quartering Acts
a Melancholy Soul chapter 17 . 4/23
Wow, what a perfect ending! I thought the ending idea was absolutely genius! :) Your writing style was great, and I really enjoyed reading everything! Thank you for creating such a wonderful piece! :'D
TinaFinland13 chapter 17 . 2/11
You, my friend, are evil. Pure evil. I cannot tell you how much this story broke me and made me cry. But it was just beautiful. Beautifully written and paced. I loved how you developed each character and made them grow. The twist at the end, while surprising and heart breaking, was truly beautiful. The amount of emotion you captured is truly a work of art. I look forward to reading more from you in the future!
hetalia4ever chapter 16 . 1/11
There needs to be more stories like this...everytime I read a human AU I always hope that suddenly, somehow the fact that they are nations will appear before them...and in this story they did! YAY! _
andIJDC chapter 14 . 12/4/2014
For characters like Micah, the more they grow on me the more I dread they're going to wind up dead but I had hoped that wouldn't be the case and even after the chapter before I still couldn't belive it- I refused to belive it despite how hopeless it seemed. So when I read this chapter, finally getting to see Arthur's pov, I actually had to stop reading and I wordlessly rolled around in my bed a few minutes before I could continue feeling much more at ease.
TsumikiTiga chapter 17 . 11/28/2014
Beautiful! You had my emotions all over the place! A true story should be like this! So many emotions...I couldnt be more amazed with a hetalia fanfic as yours!
rgarbett chapter 17 . 11/16/2014
OMG THIS STORY WAS THE BEST! I am crying because this was so beautiful and so great! Right in the fangirl! Wow this is the most amazing story ever. I am so deeply attached to it. Thank you so much for writing this amazing story. You are an incredible author
rgarbett chapter 12 . 11/15/2014
Holy crap! After reading this chapter I wanted to flip a table from the angst! Wahhh you know how to hold a reader's attention. For that, I am thankful for! Whoa! So much angst! Right in the fangirl. I am stoked to read more :)
west4242564 chapter 17 . 11/1/2014
I honestly have no words to describe how much this fic has touched my heart. That plot twist at the end was very clever and I think it did the story well instead of just having arthur and alfred just dying and letting that be the end of it or letting them both live but stay human. It was interesting and I commend you for taking that step forward. Really this story was amazing. You're an amazing author and I look forward to reading your other stories berceuse you have me hooked :) I don't think I could've asked for a better ending. Great job. Stay Awesome [0]w[0]/*
guest chapter 16 . 9/21/2014
Just dropping a note to say that this fanfic was excellent. The conclusion seemed fitting to me; a little wistful, but content, and I loved the incorporation of canon. The characters were interesting, the events well-selected, and overall it was a job well done. Thank you much for hours of entertainment! :D
Biff3r chapter 17 . 9/7/2014
Time to review!
Okay, so as far as the plot goes, it was brilliant. Originality? Check. Creativity? Check. Realism? Check.
I felt like I could I could dive into the roles of the characters and feel how they feel, I was conflicted between the opinion of the Tories and the Whigs due to the roles of Arthur and Alfred. And although I felt like I just really wanted to see Alfred and Arthur get together, that the waiting was exhausting, I knew it was necessary. Just like the famous saying goes; one loves thyself most. And it wouldn't have been realistic if Alfred and Arthur's resentment towards the war got in the way of each others' feelings.
My favorite part of the story would have to be the end, because of Alfred and Arthur dying, it really amplified that realistic feeling to the whole story. I mean, what are the chances that an English soldier and an American Patriot are going to fall in love, fight on different sides of the war (even if they're working towards the same goal), and still manage a 'happily ever after'? Not a chance. And if you'd written the story with the whole "and some how they managed to survive and lived happily ever after" ending, I would have been disappointed. And what's even more astonishing about "Quatering Acts", is that even though both our hero's fell drenched in red, you still managed a happy ending. It may not have been idealistic to some readers because the story didn't revolve around their lives as countries, but it made sense, and a happy ending that satisfies is a happy ending that satisfies.
After reading this story, I feel like I'll be able to read about the Revolutionary War again and not get depressed.
So as a cynical critic I feel happy to award your story with a 9.5/10.
Lachlan95 chapter 17 . 8/11/2014
This is one of the best USUK story i have read!
Kathryn chapter 7 . 6/28/2014
Magnificent . . . Pure Majesty O.O
AmericanMadeInChina chapter 17 . 6/18/2014
That was bootyful... *wipes tears* Marry me please
dreamcatcher96 chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
Hi, this story really seems great so far, but I'm a total history nerd and there's just one thing that's bugging me: your use of the word 'British'. At this time, the colonists would still have identified as British, so it doesn't make sense for Alfred to refer to the loyalists or redcoats that way, as he was technically still British, too.
SomethingSimsy chapter 17 . 5/27/2014
This is a story I will cherish.