Reviews for Until My Dying Breath
CrayCraySebastian chapter 18 . 1/13
It's been years since I've read this fic, but I don't recall actually reviewing it when I read it all on LiveJournal...that seems like a shame.

It seems silly now to review it after you've moved on from the suffocating, downward spiral that is Glee and it's fandom...and it's even sillier to review it now that I've escaped from that too, but after re-reading the whole thing again, I felt like I had to tell you how much this story means to me.

Recently, as I've been reminiscing on all the parts of glee that actually made me happy and revisiting the little things, I found myself talking about this fic a lot to my friends. I've actually been talking about this fic for years, now that I think about it...because whenever the topic of conversation turns to vampires or manipulation and psychological torture and whatnot (don't I have the cutest friends?), I always come in with "God, have I told you about this Klaine fic I read so and so years ago?" And of course I've already told them about it, but they still love to hear about it and they always tell me that it actually sounds like something that they'd love to read, regardless of never watching Glee. I'd go on and on about how much the fic terrified me, disgusted me, turned me on, and really just made me feel everything Blaine was feeling from beginning to end. It was just my absolute favorite bit of Vampire fiction I'd ever invested in (and I've tried to find that same magic in other Vampire stuff...can't say it's happened yet...but God Buffy was an incredibly close second). It was the fic that really made me fall in love with vampires, because with the modern fascination with the creatures becoming so superficial and lame, I never really saw what there was to love about them.

And it's honestly crazy for me to say that part of me actually loves this fic more than I love Buffy...because once I found Buff Buffy. And Buffy is what really made me wish there was more vampire fiction like it, and you probably think I'm cRAZY for even daring to compare you to a show like that...but I can safely say after re-reading this fic that there is just something so special about this fic. I'm sure on a subconscious level a lot of it has to do with how gorgeous Chris Colfer and Darren Criss are and that underlying affection for the characters that I dedicated my high school years to, but I also truly believe that the characters you created in this fic were so dynamic and stood all on their own. I never truly imagine the Kurt and Blaine from the show; the Kurt and Blaine you've created here resonated as characters independent of all that. I love it. And while I was so desperate for more Kurt Kurt Kurt, I have to say that your Blaine is one of my absolute favorite protagonists that I've ever read in fanfiction.

As different as all the Klaine fanfiction I've read has been from one another, all the Blaines still feel interchangeable in my head. None of them really stick out considerably except this one. I just love the character you've created here and God, I could go on and on about him but I wont bore you with it. He just felt like the best kind of protagonist, because I could really understand why he did everything he did or said everything he said and he was just so human. I mean, Blaine truly felt like a real person and it was watching his destruction that made me actually think about what makes humans so special. And then, of course, there was the turning into a vampire, an experience I was so afraid of both times around because I had come to love all of who Blaine was, but all the narrative about what it means to be a vampire and how they see humans was just excellent. I mean, truly excellent, because I got it. And while part of me still pained for human Blaine and all the people he'd left behind or killed, I knew that this fate was just the best thing for him. This is where he felt truly alive and just...this fic messes with your head, man. I just love it.

Anyway, I got off track. Since I've been telling my friends so much about this fic, that sinking feeling you get when you fear something might not be as good as you remember started to settle. I couldn't even remember the name of the fic and when I finally managed to seek it out I was TERRIFIED that I wouldn't love it as much. But man...it truly was just as good as I remembered and you got me crying all over again. It really is a wonderful fanfic and it's a fic that I want to keep with me, because it's so important and it's the ONE fic I took away from that fandom knowing I'd want revisit for the rest of my life. I mean that. And I remember those special, special fics that just made my world, but this one has all the kind of stuff I wish I could find in other fiction. I wish there was a vampire as beautiful and angelic and horrifying as Kurt is and, God, I don't think I'll ever find that vampire again. (I'm CONVINCED that Chris just needs to be this character in a movie or something. My heart aches for it)

I just wanted you to know that this fic has exceeded fanfiction in my heart. If I could have this bound in a book to put on my shelf I absolutely would. It'll always be special to me and it'll always be my absolute favorite thing that I took away from this fandom.

I just love it. Thank you so much this fic. Thank you so much.
SVUgrey anatomy- lover chapter 18 . 8/13/2014
Awwwww I loved this story it was sweet but in the beginning I could not sit by the door it scared me shitless
the-power-of-love chapter 18 . 7/2/2014
in the end Kurt got what he wanted and that was Blaine
cristinicole15 chapter 18 . 5/17/2014
I can't even begin to say what I'm feeling right now. The beginning of the story scared the shit out of me. When Blaine gave himself to Kurt and all that blood and gore happened, let's just say I might have nightmares. But persevered and finished reading, because I knew that even though Blaine was scared shitless and Kurt was like the weirdest, creepiest person/stalker/type thing they were going to end up together and happy and in love. So, I commend you for giving me the heebie jeebies (is that how you write it?) and making it all work. I feel kinda sad that Amita had to die though. But overall, that was a really good story, even though whenever Kurt drank Blaine's blood I felt like someone was sucking my blood and I got cold all over. But good for you for getting that reaction. I hope I'm not alone on this
happyNdividual chapter 18 . 5/12/2014
THIS IS SO FREAKING AWESOME. I HATE VAMPIRE STUFF BUT DAMN YOU KNOCKED IT OUTA ME. YOU ARE SO FREAKING AWESOME I LOVE YOU THANKS FOR THIS STORY. IT'S SO ROMANTIC LET ME JUST DIE NOW (︶)
YaDiva chapter 18 . 12/30/2013
Hauntingly beautiful. Lovely, expressive writing, and a wonderful ending. You continue to be one of the most fantastic authors in fandom. Thank you for sharing your gift with us.
thexkat chapter 18 . 9/25/2013
this is one of the most well written stories ive read here in
i mean, its just otherworldly how you describe feelings and thought lines, its just like being inside blaines head most of the time and thats just wonderful, youre quite talented may i say it was a pleasure being able to read this fic
now, it was also a bit unnerving since its reaaally really dense and sometimes it becomes overwhelming, but that's part of reading vampire stories, you really caught the very heart of it, i mean ive read dracula and anne rice's saga -those are, for me, real vampire stories, not twilight or vampire diaries (not sayin they're bad, just not quite "vampiric" hahaha)- and you managed to write something anything like them and entirely like them at the same time, meaning: i simply loved this story
its accurate and exciting and everything i wanted to read when you said it would be more likely a real vampire story, so congrats, you're awesome and a supermegafoxyawesomehot writer, i'll see if i can find some more stories written by you to read!
-xo,kat
Jojobean209 chapter 18 . 9/21/2013
This is one of the best fanfictions that I've read. The writing is beautiful and eerie and digs into all of the right emotions at the right time. Everything about this was so fascinating and gorgeous. It was amazing to see the way you translated Kurt's (and later Blaine's) personalities into a vampire's. They were clearly recognizable as themselves, but somehow were alien and frightening at the same time.
Honestly, I'm a little mixed about the ending. I knew that it was pretty much inevitable that Blaine would be turned, but I had been holding out hope the he would end up keeping a little more of his humanity than Kurt did. I was still very satisfied with the ending, though. It felt like a natural place for the story to end, and Blaine's new vampire-self was fascinating to read about. And Kurt and Blaine were happy together, which makes me happy.
Wow, this ended up being a longer review than I thought it would be. Anyway, I just love, love, loved this story. It was beautiful.
msgoodbar2257 chapter 18 . 9/15/2013
THIS STORY HAS HAD MY CRINGING, LAUGHING, BITING MY NAILS, AND AS EXCITED AS EVERY FANTASTIC, WONDERFULLY WRITTEN STORY. YOUR NEWS CASTING WAS ON THE MONEY. LIKE I SAID VERY WELL WRITTEN. THIS WAS AWESOME , EXCITING AND A GREAT STORY. I ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH. THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS FANTASTIC STORY.
msgoodbar2257 chapter 17 . 9/15/2013
OH NOW KURT IS SO INSECURE, AFTER ALL THE BRUTAL KILLING HE DID. BLAINE MAKES HIM FEEL BETTER. OMG, BLAINE JUST SNAPPED A GUYS NECK FOR RECOGNIZING HIM. GREAT CHAPTER. THEY HAVE TO LEAVE NEW YORK.
msgoodbar2257 chapter 16 . 9/15/2013
I FORGOT I WANTED TO SAY IN THE LAST REVIEW, I LOVED THE WAY BLAINE'S LIFE FLASHED BEFORE HIS EYES AS KURT WAS DRAINING HIM.

GREAT CHAPTER. BLAINE FEELS ALIVE.
msgoodbar2257 chapter 15 . 9/15/2013
I KEPT ON TELL MYSELF PLEASE STOP DON'T KILL BLAINE. OMG, I REALLY THOUGHT THAT HE WOULD NOT STOP. GREAT GREAT CHAPTER. BUT NOW BLAINE IS DEAD AND A VAMPIRE WILL EMERGE.
msgoodbar2257 chapter 14 . 9/15/2013
OH-NO KURT IS GOING TO KILL BLAINE, BECAUSE HE CAN NOT CONTROL HIMSELF. PLEASE TELL ME KURT IS NOT GOING TO KILL BLAINE. THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE TOGETHER. GREAT CHAPTER BUT THIS IS CREEPY KURT WANT MORE OF BLAINE'S BLOOD. DON'T KILL HIM.
msgoodbar2257 chapter 13 . 9/15/2013
I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO SUCK BLAINE DRY RIGHT AWAY, AND NOT MAKE HIM SUFFER TO MUCH. BUT KURT IS GOING TO PUNISH BLAINE AND DRAG IT OUT. KURT WAS TAKEN CARE OF BLAINE BUT YET HE WAS USING AND ABUSING HIM AT THE SAME TIME. THIS CHAPTER WAS AWESOME. YOU ARE A FANTASTIC WRITER.
msgoodbar2257 chapter 12 . 9/15/2013