Reviews for Golden Boy
mdlott0 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I can't wait to read more! I met my husband when I was 15 and 17 years later we are still together. Thus story brings back such sweet memories.
butzi chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
What a lovely sweet story. Just the right distraction during a crazy day at the office.
froggyqueen chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
So beautiful! I've been with my husband since 11th grade. I just turned 32. We have 2 boys and are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on the 20th. So this was perfect for me to read today!
Montara chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I loved it! Thank you and can't wait for more moments from their lives!
JBurdick chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
That was wonderful and so so sweet. It got me a little teary after read those last 2 paragraphs about ten times haha. Very well done, I love your writing-always. Thank you
Femme921 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Great characters! Ideally enjoyed this. FYI, I married my junior high school sweetheart and I'm not Mormon (sorry SM). :)
Genny910 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
so sweet!
jerseyhalliwell chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
This was lovely :)
aciepey chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I love happy, sappy HS fics, because I married my HS sweetheart. I've been with him since I was 14, and now I'm 40. Time that existed before him is becoming fuzzy, and it is such a comfort to me that he is that much a part of my very being. In many cases, young love is just testing the waters, but I love reading about the ups and downs of it when they do get their HEA. Looking forward to more!

AbruptlyChagrined chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
This story was very sweet...great job!

It's a nice break from all the heavy angst in most fics lately.

She totally should have snapped a phone pic of Mike's butt and posted it on the internet for all to see!

Favorite lines:

"Don't mention it," I wheeze, still out breath. I can be magnanimous right now, since I feel so awesome. The high of a sweet get away. God, I'm so cool. I'm so cool!" - Hahaha!

"...I'm glad I saved those tissues you gave me, because I think I just pissed my pants." - XD
jansails chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
That was terrific!

Such a simple story where two people meet because of a whim.

Normally, ExB might never have met, being high school rivals, never have recognized the other even in passing.

With slow but sure steps they take an acquaintance, nourish it into a friendship, build a foundation for a relationship, & find that yes, they love each other.

Rings true because it is so very possible

santamia chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Not unlikely at all I married my high school boyfriend, we have been together for 15 years and started dating at 16. Always together never broken up, did college together etc...I love him he is everything and he makes me feel like I'm his moon and sun!

Love this os very warming to the heart.
midsouthmama chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Oh, I liked this o/s a lot. I think you totally captured that fall, high school football feeling. This part cracked me up:

Renee Swan is so full of melancholy. My beautiful daughter Bella is finally a young lady. Watching her drive away with her friends tonight, I couldn't help but think about my Homecoming dance, which wasn't that long ago… Luckily, I still have my homecoming prince to hug me and tell me everything is going to be all right. I love you Charles Swan and Bella Marie Swan!

"Okay." I throw my phone in her lap. "Please read what my mom said on her Facebook about me. Parents should stay off the internet."

lololololol. My husband is constantly posting on FB about our 14 year old daughter (band achievements at competitions, etc.), and I'm certain it totally goobs her out, too. :D

Thanks for sharing this story. I really enjoyed reading it...
jarkin33 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
god I totally love high school stories where they aren't sex gods LOL :)

Loved this and will definitely be putting it on alert!

"I have to know," he whispers against my hair. "I can't keep doing this if you can't see yourself falling in love with me."

I hover over him, tracing his lips with my thumb. "I can see it."

"You can?"

I feel his lips stretch into a smile under my fingers. "Yeah. It looks a lot like this."

Where the hell were these guys in my high school LOL -

Thank you for sharing!

Rene2608 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
So so sweet, really enjoyed this.
558 | « Prev Page 1 .. 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 .. Last Next »