Reviews for Golden Boy
AbruptlyChagrined chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
This story was very sweet...great job!

It's a nice break from all the heavy angst in most fics lately.

She totally should have snapped a phone pic of Mike's butt and posted it on the internet for all to see!

Favorite lines:

"Don't mention it," I wheeze, still out breath. I can be magnanimous right now, since I feel so awesome. The high of a sweet get away. God, I'm so cool. I'm so cool!" - Hahaha!

"...I'm glad I saved those tissues you gave me, because I think I just pissed my pants." - XD
jansails chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
That was terrific!

Such a simple story where two people meet because of a whim.

Normally, ExB might never have met, being high school rivals, never have recognized the other even in passing.

With slow but sure steps they take an acquaintance, nourish it into a friendship, build a foundation for a relationship, & find that yes, they love each other.

Rings true because it is so very possible

jansails/jan2
santamia chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Not unlikely at all I married my high school boyfriend, we have been together for 15 years and started dating at 16. Always together never broken up, did college together etc...I love him he is everything and he makes me feel like I'm his moon and sun!

Love this os very warming to the heart.
midsouthmama chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Oh, I liked this o/s a lot. I think you totally captured that fall, high school football feeling. This part cracked me up:

Renee Swan is so full of melancholy. My beautiful daughter Bella is finally a young lady. Watching her drive away with her friends tonight, I couldn't help but think about my Homecoming dance, which wasn't that long ago… Luckily, I still have my homecoming prince to hug me and tell me everything is going to be all right. I love you Charles Swan and Bella Marie Swan!

"Okay." I throw my phone in her lap. "Please read what my mom said on her Facebook about me. Parents should stay off the internet."

lololololol. My husband is constantly posting on FB about our 14 year old daughter (band achievements at competitions, etc.), and I'm certain it totally goobs her out, too. :D

Thanks for sharing this story. I really enjoyed reading it...
jarkin33 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
god I totally love high school stories where they aren't sex gods LOL :)

Loved this and will definitely be putting it on alert!

"I have to know," he whispers against my hair. "I can't keep doing this if you can't see yourself falling in love with me."

I hover over him, tracing his lips with my thumb. "I can see it."

"You can?"

I feel his lips stretch into a smile under my fingers. "Yeah. It looks a lot like this."

Where the hell were these guys in my high school LOL -

Thank you for sharing!

xo

jaime
Rene2608 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
So so sweet, really enjoyed this.
meadow11 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I LOVED THIS! I, too, am a sucker for a good HEA... and I can't wait to read more about these two.
twilight1972 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Oh wow! I hardly ever cry over a one-shot but girl you did good. Happy tears! Would love to read more of their love story.
spunkmehard chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Loved this and now even more to learn you will explore these characters more. Thank you for this, I really like how your mind thinks.
jmolly chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Love the beginning of their relationship. I haven't seen a similar fic. I do hope you'll give us more. This is great.
radar1230 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I don't know how you do it, but I love your stories.

My fingers are crossed that we'll get more of these two.

Thanks so much for writing and sharing.
PLL lover1992 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Love it,,
quoideneufj chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Nice.
ratih choco chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
this story just one shot but you did a god job. if you make this story to mopre chap with EPOV or you give more detail how Edward and Bella's dating, what problem they get it will be a good story.

I love your story, I do love happy ending..
Clarence chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I was reading your story a few hours ago and I was surprised that it still had no reviews. When I came back, it had 22 and counting. I loved this story and it's now officially my feel-good story. I just loved the ending and I hope you don't mind that I tweeted about it because it's absolutely one of the best endings I've ever read. :) I hope you keep on writing! :) Thank you for this!
549 | « Prev Page 1 .. 25 32 33 34 35 36 .. Last Next »