Reviews for Sometimes It Hurts Instead
kyrandiana chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
U should totally do a sequel
donna14 chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
This story was so good, I love the emotions that were shown in it! I see there is a sequel, I cannot wait to read it! Just wanted to tell you that this was great!
mikitaddict chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Omfggggg plzzzzzz make a sequel of it ! I need a happy puckleberry ending! Flove the way u write
blueeyes67 chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
SEQUEL! please please please. i feel a burning hate for maggie right now. :)
puckleberryloverforever chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
reading this story while listening to adele's someone like you... haha... but i was listening to the song first and picked this story to read... read. good story!
WriterGirl911 chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Oooooooooh ooooooooooh oooooooooooh please write more, perfection, please, please, please, please, please I'm loving the whole concept of Puck still loving Rachel! Please I'm begging and welcome to Puckleberry it's fantastic, please write more!
Ms. Redd chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
This story makes my heart hurt. You did an amazing job capturing the emotions here, and the whole thing was just really well done. I wish I could say more, but I don't really know what it would be. Good job.
lizzybennettdarcy chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
Wow. Great story. I also love that song. I'd love to read more about this particular story. Thanks!
SabrinaEF chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
That was amazing! I absolutly loved it! It is taking everything I have to not cry right now! You have to write a sequal!
bridgetlynn chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Let me start this off by saying - brava. And welcome to the awesomely, wonderful, heart-wrenching (mostly 'cause RIB suck and can't see what's in front of their faces) world of Puckleberry. That was a damn good one-shot. Puckleberry can be taken on so many different spins and I really love the angsty side of their relationship (because they are both such strong willed characters - especially around each other. They bring out the best in each other; but they can also bring out the worst. Which makes them so much fun to write).

I have to say that I'm very interested in a prequel and a sequel (or even something from Rachel's side). Mostly because in just this short little one shot you've opened up so many questions and alluded to so many different things (or at least that's how I read it).

- The most important question for me is who broke up with who? The paragraph following when Noah opens the door (to me) implies that he broke up with her because he was apparently holding her back (in his own mind I'm sure). But then when he gets so angry that she came by and said that he waited for 5 years for her (and all that longing for her in the narration) implies that she broke up with him. Because if he broke up with her, he has no right to be angry with her over his waiting for 5 years (though, I do admit he can be angry that she shows up at his home wanting him back, but knowing that he's married). And vice versa if she broke up with him - well, I don't think he was angry enough.

- Next question(s) that I'd love more background on (prequel?) is what kind of relationship did they (P&R) have that he believed he was holding her back? Were they unhappy and that's what led to a breakup and he's possibly just romanticized their past together because he's not quite as happy now as he'd like everyone to believe? Leading into the 2nd part of this same question - what kind of relationship do Puck and Maggie have? One would assume that it's happy/good/etc. because they are married...but she calls him Puck (They're married and she doesn't call him Noah? Red flag), he got so annoyed over the crack at his mother that he barely spoke to her that morning (digs at in-laws are practically like breathing - or at least they are in my family - so I don't understand getting that aggravated over it if he's perfectly content) and quite possibly the most telling: Rachel being there tempts him at all. The amount of emotion he showed towards Rachel and his past with her (no matter how long they were together and how complicated Puckleberry can be/was in HS) is not the reaction of a happily married man. A little twinge is one thing; but full blown temptation, especially when you're still in the "honeymoon phase" of things? That's questionable.

I have to say, I think Rachel showed remarkable instincts once she got there. Yes, it was technically a stupid decision on her part to go there but she did apologize, acknowledge she was in the wrong at that moment and got out asap but she had also apparently been slapped in the face with news of Noah's marriage (again, making me think that Noah is the one who broke up with her) that he was seemingly hiding from her (with his comment about Finn, Quinn and Santana knowing not to talk about him to Rachel (which flips things again to her breaking up with him).

You've created quite the complicated little world in just a few hundred words here. Obviously, I've become intrigued and would love to see how our fated (stupid-RIB) duo got to this point in their lives and where they could possibly be going from there. Though, I do hope (pray a little even) that it doesn't go the adultery root. With the back and forths that these two went through in High School with the freaking might as well have been a Love-Octagon that the Glee Club became I'd hope that they had matured past that type of behavior.

Thanks for writing.
jm63089 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
OH MY GOD! I instantly started crying just reading the title lol. I love this song and it makes me so sad everytime I hear it. You did an amazing job with this story. I love the emotions you put in it and the little parts of the song you put in here. I know you probably won't but you should soooooo make a continuation to this story.

P.S. Just to let you know I will be reading this at least 5 more times...tonight.

-Jessica
itsactuallycorrine chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Oh, the interest is there! It's all I can do not to burst into tears right now. This was so good.
Courtney-chan1 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I will say this... I'd be interested in a sequel... if it involves a Puckleberry HEA!

I'm such a fluffy bunny...
brujis84 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
i like it! bittersweet! but i would like to know what happens next! or what happens before everything! )
auhaes23 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Amazing one shote !

I loved this one, very !

And it'b be very nice of you to write a prequel and a sequel :)

I hope you'll do it :)