Reviews for Outracing the Sun
Shire Rose chapter 1 . 6/2
This was breathtaking...

I love the idea of Edmund as a priest, I could totally see that, though it would interesting going to confession to him, meet my confessor, Edmund the Just...

The East/West dichotomy, Susan's drifting and Edmund's firmness were so well done.

Interesting use of the "ad orientum" and "ad populum", it worked well, I have always found Mass more reverent or awing when the priest faces "ad orientum" so it was a very personal touch to me.
And of course oriens is the dawn and used in the days before Christmas...so fantastic symbolism.

Shire Rose
MCH chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
My brother was educated by the Jesuits, an interesting concept for Edmund you have chosen. I had to look up the meaning of ad orientum and ad populum. Edmund would definitely be a priest who would face the people he would be saying mass for.

Mind you I am having problems seeing him as a priest. I always saw him more as a lawyer. But an interesting and thought provoking chapter.

As for Susan nicely written as the gulf between them widens. In fact in view of what happened to Susan you wonder why she was present at Aslan death and resurrection at the stone table. Like the last line as they both go off in different directions.
Rayven49 chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Whoo talk about symbolism overload! But I liked it. Interesting to put Edmund into priesthood, I never considered him the sort. But Susan's desperation to avoid the Narnia subject and what she's running from was really smartly written. Nice work!