Reviews for The Associate
Texaschic1 chapter 7 . 4/21/2013
Awesome story. Make it so indeed. Ever thought of a sequel?
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 7 . 2/20/2013
MAKE IT SO...
Love the concept, very modern and an interesting story too.
Yay smexy times
yui1808 chapter 7 . 12/29/2012
i love the story, even if it was really short.

thanks for posting.
agoodmatch1 chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
I just want you to know I am 59 and have read many books and short stories in my life time and this story is my all time favorite! When I am sad I read it and it makes me smile. When I am bored I read it and it makes me smile. When I am depressed I read it and it makes me smile. When I am lonely I read it and it makes me smile. This story just gives me that FEEL GOOD feeling every time I read it. The only thing I don't like about this story is it ends. You definitely have a gift. If you want something to write about you can always write a sequel. I would buy it for sure. Thank you for writing my all time favorite. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!
LethalPoison chapter 7 . 4/6/2012
Beautiful story :)
Gun Brooke chapter 7 . 11/13/2011
I really liked this hot, romantic story, jazz. You had transplanted the girls successfully to present time and I could see that you'd given much thought to recognisable details. Lobsters being one. I'm reluctant to give literary feedback here (open forum) but I have some to share if you are interested. :-) just let me know! I'm so glad you posted this and thus gave us a much needed J/7 fix!
ScOut4It chapter 7 . 11/7/2011
That was a fun ending line; actually subtle enough to not kill the mood.

I was pleasantly surprised to find myself vividly picturing a lobster necklace and thinking that it would look beautiful on Ana's person.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my transparent thought process for what it's worth. I am also up earlier than I should be so please forgive anything that seems critical, my feelings can't really be trusted this early in the day.

Thanks for the story! It was a pleasure to read.
ScOut4It chapter 6 . 11/7/2011
I enjoyed how Kathryn felt irrationally jealous and how Ana defended herself. Leave it to Janeway to admit her love in a heated diatribe.

This part is understandable:

'She remembered how those legs felt wrapped around her waist, her shoulders. She wanted to feel those legs around her again.'

It's ironic how they're trying so hard to control their emotions in the office and then they lose control on a boat surrounded by co-workers. They are lucky that this case is almost over and it's pretty apparent that they're going to have to out themselves soon to prevent it from becoming a 'scandal'.
ScOut4It chapter 5 . 11/7/2011
"Please don't ever think that this is one-sided. I need you, too."

Kathryn's one lucky woman.

I'm glad that she claimed that Ana's position was based on meritocracy. I'm also glad that she acknowledged the power disparity between them although I'm wondering if it would play a factor outside of work too.
ScOut4It chapter 4 . 11/7/2011
Hey she didn't do to bad after all. :)

I liked that she realized the weight of the evening on her drive home. And how her seeming power of 'self-control' in her past dalliances only lead to her not getting the full package of kisses and name shouting.
ScOut4It chapter 3 . 11/7/2011
This was a fun chapter!

This sentence:

'What the hell is happening here? Is she seducing me, or am I overreacting?'

Janeway's obliviousness (I think) to holding Ana's virginity.

The continued moments of taking her from behind and Ana's giving back while that was happening and then getting in her own surprise tasting.

I have a feeling that Janeway is now going to spend a chapter or two being a complete f-up regarding Ana's feelings, and then see the light.
ScOut4It chapter 2 . 11/7/2011
Being in her head counteracts the icy exterior that I perceived more in Katharyn than in Ana.

I liked this line:

'She liked the effect. A lot.'

and how she rationalized whether or not she would approach her sexually. And then of course how she realized that she couldn't resist.

I also like these lines:

'Kathryn watched Ana's reaction, as mesmerized by the sight as was Ana. Such pure reactions—she'd never seen such honest emotion. It made her hungry to know how Ana would react to other stimuli.'
ScOut4It chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Janeway is currently not somebody that I'd want to know. I'm sure that will change though.

The idea to take the subway to avoid more rush-hour delays makes sense. I hope more cities realize that public transportation is a good option for that and many other reasons.
mochamaker chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
I have been racking my brain over the past week trying to figure out where I've read this before, then I read the other review and tada! Anyways, loved it on the P&P site and love that you posted it here. :)
ea-phoenix chapter 7 . 10/21/2011
I LOVE this story. J/7 is what got me into fanfic so I have a soft spot for them. I've read this posted elsewhere (Passion Perfect) and have read it at least a half a dozen times. It's one of those stories I keep returning to. It's well written. It has the romance along with that steamy opening. I'm a sucker for falling in love fics and this is definitely one of my favorites.