Reviews for Of Courage and Cowardice
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 1 . 8/31
Martha and Doctor feels. Beautifully written. And I'd have to agree with you on the whole "42" and "Midnight" rant. Those two were the most frightening and suspenseful episodes in my opinion.
rusty o'neill chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
Very good story. 42 was so intense; I think you did an awesome job of capturing the effect that had on the Doctor. I really felt sorry for him after that episode. It was the first time I'd ever noticed him admitting he was afraid.
Theblueandpurpledarkness chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
I liked it, very nice simple read. :-):-)
weasley-twins-41 chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
I can't say much else than 'I love this.' Because I do. I don't know what it is about it, but it's just... Haunting, I guess. I really don't know. But that's good in a writer- you can unsettle people with the slightest choice of words. Bravo to you!
QTFics chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
Very nicely written.
Mythopoeia chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
I have a special fondness for "42", partially because I love the look of it, the blazing sun and the ship's interior with all the steam and piping and everything, partially because I think the pacing's just right, partially because it's the first time I ever saw New Who (I didn't even realize DW had come back at this point, though I was a fan of the Classic Series; I was channel-surfing and saw just the moment where Martha's trapped in the pod and then I am sad to say that I moved on to another channel cuz I had no clue what this was, but regardless it counts as my first New Who moment!), and mostly because of what you said-it's SCARY. It's always frightening when the Doctor is helpless, and really terrifying when he admits it. So I love that you picked up on that and explored that here in your story. It's an episode that always makes me cringe, and your description of his thoughts and how he feels after it's over feels very right to me. You're right, it must have /hurt/. Changing to Martha's perspective at the end wrapped this up wonderfully; of course she wouldn't think less of him, even though he would think she would. I love that you mention that what he sees as a moment of weakness makes her proud of him; that's fantastic and makes perfect sense. Well done :)
BB chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
That was really well-written and I liked how the Doctor was in character. Great job.
lovable hate chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
nicely done- thanks for sharing this