Reviews for His Only Child
Dragon260 chapter 10 . 9/20/2010
Aw man...I gotta say this: Congrats on making me cry. It was a beautiful story, and heartfelt.
Tonnerre chapter 10 . 1/2/2009
Ah that was beautiful. Poor baby.
Boho Junkie chapter 10 . 7/20/2008
poor 's a hug!*hugs said vampire*
littlevamp chapter 10 . 4/20/2006
GOOD STORY. GREAT JOB! wRITE ANOTHER ONE AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Skye chapter 10 . 2/12/2006
That was a beautiful, sad story. You couldn't have done a better job on it.
Neuro-chip-angel chapter 10 . 1/25/2006
Fantastic story, the decision not to impose the dark gift on Clara was understandable.

1.) Most fledglings forget their former human lives.

2.) She would experience the suffering of the weakest clan. Skinning victims etc- which Melchiah would not wish upon her, nor desire to see her enduring the ill effects of vamperism.

3.) Their relationship would change. A bitterness towards her fathers decision would occur.

4.)Clara had to die in order to keep the events of SR1 in tact.

5.)However, she could have been turned by one of her uncles, sadly this would violate Melchiahs role as the father figure. None of the others were brazen enough to commit such an act. Though I'm surprised Zephon wasn't tempted, then again Kain's wrath is a brutal thing indeed.

Great read ;)
Khaak chapter 10 . 3/30/2005
now that made me cry if you intend to go for heart wrenching scenes try to make them longer but if they are too long they will lose the emotion, experiment it can make a lot of difference.
Smoke chapter 10 . 6/22/2004
Wow, that was really heart touching. It was a bit odd to have the vampires all fall under the child's spell, but that's what it was about. I think I agree with your decision for Melchia not to ressurect her. (That's the impression I got, anyway.) It's still sad.
BearFaced Entertainment chapter 10 . 6/17/2004
firstly i would like to say that this is the first time ive wriiten a review without the aid of my assistans (Bear & Chris) because this fic deserved respect. i was al but reduced to tears with this fic near the end it was absolutely astounding. the fic is ammazing the way you portrayed kain adn the brethren was brilliant and if ull excuse me im away to find a hanky.
HealerAriel chapter 10 . 8/19/2003
So bitter-sweet. Very well-written, and though I usually stay away from sad stories, this one is wonderful. But I wonder, why didn't they make her a vampire after she died? Well, I suppose it wouldn't have been the same...
Seraph Reaver chapter 10 . 3/26/2003
Beautiful story, simply amazing.

I love the detail and effort put into this, Clara is a wonderful character. I loved the stories each Clan Leader had to tell, I loved seeing a different side to everyone.

I really felt for Melchiah during this, he really had something special and it's never pleasant to lose something that means that much to an individual.

I love how you focused more on the good than the bad, it really helped flesh out Clara and the Leaders and made for a greater impact when the story was all said and done.

Wonderful piece here, very enjoyable and a fave for sure.
Crystarr chapter 10 . 3/26/2003
Aw...that was so touching, Anne-Marie! Really emotional and incredibly well written!

Maybe it's just an eye for small details, but I found it very powerful that Clara died of an illness - despite the violent nature of Nosgoth and all the wars and hatred that exists, it was something so "ordinary" as a disease that ended Clara's life.

All in all, a great story. Well done! *big hug*
Angel-chan2 chapter 10 . 3/25/2003
OMG! That was SO, SO sad! Seriously, I almost cried! :( Beautiful, yet so tragic! *bursts into tears*
Keeper of Shattered Mirrors chapter 10 . 3/25/2003
Wonderfully written. I loved it!
Tale Spinner chapter 10 . 3/25/2003
A dramatic conclusion I must say. Too bad Clara couldn't have lived at least about 10 years more or so in order to have seen her as a grown up woman and then died. But then the impact of her death probably wouldn't have been as emotional then as it was now.

Excellent story in its entirety. SR1 references were a nice touch.