Reviews for Bruises
YouthINaisa6 chapter 40 . 3/24
I really hope this isn't going to be abandoned forever. I really like this story
Spike is the BIG BAD chapter 1 . 2/7
Don't be evil, please please please please please please please update! I adore this. You keep me waiting and begging. I'll do anything for more! You've got a willing slave! I'll walk through the fire. I've got a theory that you should continue. Do this favor for me, I'll never tell!
mom8828momnesia chapter 38 . 1/21
Excellent story; the abuse/recovery has been well handled in my opinion, even though I (fortunately) have no real experience with it. I was able to feel for all of the characters, with the exception of only 3: James Pratt, Charlie Finn and Riley Finn. Although, now my stance on Riley has shifted a bit. He's still a jerk and a bully, but also a victim. Very well done!
momnesia chapter 1 . 1/19
I usually don't like the all human stories, but you got me. I am hooked on this already, after reading less than the full chapter! Good job! Thanks for sharing your talent with the rest of us.
Guest chapter 40 . 11/29/2014
Finish
fangurrl chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Omg! This is so good! Please continue it! (I actually finished all you've written, even though it says I'm only on chapter one!) It's so good! Please continue!
Mars chapter 4 . 3/21/2014
This is not one of my favorite chapter. You're not telling a story, your listing it. There are no emotions or little action scenes that depict changed in attitudes or insight, you just blurt it out. So it seemed staged or forced. Like:

"No wonder he was so scratchy and mean. His mom is dying and all the idiots at school have made him feel like he's worthless, so he doesn't believe that someone can actually just like him and not have it be about pity." She squared her shoulders and put on her resolve face. "So I'm going to go in there and show him that I can be his friend. And I'm not gonna let him push me away, no matter how scratchy he gets. He needs someone to believe in him and that's gonna be me."

All of this. It was unnecessary because we already know this is what she wants and what she'll do. It's much more special if you could comvey this message of friendship through character actions, not a monologue. That's cheating and sorta cheap.
You do the same with Anne. It felt very impersonal. No inner thoughts about the consequences of her confessions, I have no idea what's going through her head.
Mars chapter 3 . 3/21/2014
I think they r rushing into the romance way before any friendship has been established.
Mars chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
Wow. The mystery. I can't wait to find out what was happening with William throughout his changes.
Jedi SteelWolf chapter 40 . 9/27/2013
Since I decided to go back and re-read the whole story from the beginning again, I wanted to say again how much I enjoy reading your work. I didn't know if it would be possible for maybe Giles or someone to find something (besides football ovbiously) that Riley is really into (like Spike is for the book store) so that he has something he can focus on and maybe a boss who he can confide and thinks he's good at his job? That way maybe he can stop being such a douche and because I really don't see Buffy, Dawn, Angel or any of the others taking his side - no matter how much he appologises. Just a suggestion, but it's up to you. I kida liked the twist with Riley being abused as well - hence the douche-bag-ness - but I din't really think that it fit in with how you wrote his character all that much. I mean, ovbiously you never really know why someone is mean to others, but Riley's character seemed to read like it was more because he just likes making other people feel bad rather than because of some mis-directed hate that should have been aimed at his father. I'm not trying to criticize you in any way, just that I'm suprized you made the twist you did. I hope that you continue writing this story, as I would very much like to know how you plan to continue with the characters. Thanks again for the story, and I hope to read more from you soon!
Gigglesbianca chapter 38 . 9/4/2013
really good but i think it would be awesome if Faith or Buffy beat the tar out of Spike or Riley's father...preferably Buffy against Spike's dad and Faith against Riley's Dad.
Emilie Rose chapter 40 . 8/14/2013
I just read this entire story today. It is FANTASTIC and I really hope you continue it. I love how you incorporated all of the characters in an all-human world. It flowed really well.

The story is great. (I love Spike so much). And your writing is really good. No typos, either, which is a pleasure to read.
TheBlueDragonWolf chapter 40 . 8/9/2013
Very interesting story, great approach to all the themes.

Strong and open minded characters and some pretty emotional chapters, i hope the story continues in the future...i know i will be there to read it.
Rasha007 chapter 40 . 8/7/2013
Well, this story is interesting. Certainly good story. I found it a little wierd how openly all teens talk before they parents (nearly got me to leave this story) but you handle the other stuff so well I was to interested to not to read. Hope you will finish it at some point :-)
Shark Queen 2014 chapter 40 . 7/2/2013
Beautiful story! I hope to see more of this in the future! I absolutely love your writing style! -