Reviews for Bruises
ginar369 chapter 42 . 5/29
I feel sorry for what he went through. But he is dangerous. Too dangerous to stay there. I don't know that he can be helped. It's gonna take years of therapy to even make a dent in his anger and other issues. Spike isn't safe in that house and I don't think Buffy is either.
foxyglee chapter 41 . 5/24
Yipppeeee! I only started reading this story a few days ago so I am beyond happy you are still writing it! You have done a great job capturing the characters in the roles you have put them in. I love this story!
pianogirl2016 chapter 40 . 8/28/2015
Omg must continue asap! Written and my heart is clenching for spike! I'm in love with their romance! Love how buffy is staying strong for spike :)
Obsidian chapter 40 . 4/25/2015
I know this hasn't been updated in like, two years but I had to review.
I'm confused. In this chapter you say that Riley had it worse because he was abused and molested... but some chapters back you had Spike explaining (not in great detail) that he was molested as well? So, in the end didn't they both suffer the same amount of abuse?

Furthermore, I think Giles is making a huge mistake. Putting an abused child in that situation is wrong. To ask this insecure child, who is afraid of being kicked out of a place where he's supposed to feel safe if one of his tormentors could live under the same roof... that's just incomprehensible.
As a child of abuse, I've been in a situation like this and my fear of being abandoned trumped my fear of being abused. It's sick and sad but, oh so true. My tormentor started abusing me once again after moving in, and that fear of abandonment bought my silence. My family bringing him in, despite his treatment of me, made me feel like my abuser was more important. In the end I felt like they'd choose him over me if I said anything. Spike deserves better than that.
spuffylover19 chapter 40 . 4/19/2015
I really hope that there is another chapter soon despite it being a year. I love it!:-P
YouthINaisa6 chapter 40 . 3/24/2015
I really hope this isn't going to be abandoned forever. I really like this story
Spike is the BIG BAD chapter 1 . 2/7/2015
Don't be evil, please please please please please please please update! I adore this. You keep me waiting and begging. I'll do anything for more! You've got a willing slave! I'll walk through the fire. I've got a theory that you should continue. Do this favor for me, I'll never tell!
mom8828momnesia chapter 38 . 1/21/2015
Excellent story; the abuse/recovery has been well handled in my opinion, even though I (fortunately) have no real experience with it. I was able to feel for all of the characters, with the exception of only 3: James Pratt, Charlie Finn and Riley Finn. Although, now my stance on Riley has shifted a bit. He's still a jerk and a bully, but also a victim. Very well done!
momnesia chapter 1 . 1/19/2015
I usually don't like the all human stories, but you got me. I am hooked on this already, after reading less than the full chapter! Good job! Thanks for sharing your talent with the rest of us.
Guest chapter 40 . 11/29/2014
Finish
fangurrl chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Omg! This is so good! Please continue it! (I actually finished all you've written, even though it says I'm only on chapter one!) It's so good! Please continue!
Mars chapter 4 . 3/21/2014
This is not one of my favorite chapter. You're not telling a story, your listing it. There are no emotions or little action scenes that depict changed in attitudes or insight, you just blurt it out. So it seemed staged or forced. Like:

"No wonder he was so scratchy and mean. His mom is dying and all the idiots at school have made him feel like he's worthless, so he doesn't believe that someone can actually just like him and not have it be about pity." She squared her shoulders and put on her resolve face. "So I'm going to go in there and show him that I can be his friend. And I'm not gonna let him push me away, no matter how scratchy he gets. He needs someone to believe in him and that's gonna be me."

All of this. It was unnecessary because we already know this is what she wants and what she'll do. It's much more special if you could comvey this message of friendship through character actions, not a monologue. That's cheating and sorta cheap.
You do the same with Anne. It felt very impersonal. No inner thoughts about the consequences of her confessions, I have no idea what's going through her head.
Mars chapter 3 . 3/21/2014
I think they r rushing into the romance way before any friendship has been established.
Mars chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
Wow. The mystery. I can't wait to find out what was happening with William throughout his changes.
Jedi SteelWolf chapter 40 . 9/27/2013
Since I decided to go back and re-read the whole story from the beginning again, I wanted to say again how much I enjoy reading your work. I didn't know if it would be possible for maybe Giles or someone to find something (besides football ovbiously) that Riley is really into (like Spike is for the book store) so that he has something he can focus on and maybe a boss who he can confide and thinks he's good at his job? That way maybe he can stop being such a douche and because I really don't see Buffy, Dawn, Angel or any of the others taking his side - no matter how much he appologises. Just a suggestion, but it's up to you. I kida liked the twist with Riley being abused as well - hence the douche-bag-ness - but I din't really think that it fit in with how you wrote his character all that much. I mean, ovbiously you never really know why someone is mean to others, but Riley's character seemed to read like it was more because he just likes making other people feel bad rather than because of some mis-directed hate that should have been aimed at his father. I'm not trying to criticize you in any way, just that I'm suprized you made the twist you did. I hope that you continue writing this story, as I would very much like to know how you plan to continue with the characters. Thanks again for the story, and I hope to read more from you soon!
235 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »