Reviews for Bruises
Forever-Furuba chapter 40 . 3/15/2013
It will be really interesting to see how Riley interacts with others under these new circumstances. I imagine he will be quite defensive with everyone, just as Spike was when the truth about James' treatment of him was revealed.

Dawn - being young, and fond of Spike, and probably sheltered from knowing the worst of what's happened to the foster kids her family takes in, and having already been mentioned as disliking Riley - will probably get angry and yell at him, leading to a big fight as Riley gets mad at her in turn and Buffy and Spike leap to Dawn's defence (while Joyce and Giles, if present, try to mediate), possibly resulting in physical violence and those martial arts lessons finally being used, but hopefully ending in something cathartic that will put everyone on the road to healing.

Will we see more of Riley and Graham's relationship? (Assuming they're still together, if they ever really were together beyond just sex.) What about Riley's interactions with Angel - they've already changed drastically in the past few weeks; how will they be further changed by this? I expect Gunn will start having a bigger role in this story in future chapters, being someone both Riley and Spike can relate to and might turn to for advice and guidance. (Again, making assumptions - in this case, that Riley's father's treatment of him didn't result in him being completely unable to trust adult men as authority figures.)

I look forward to seeing how the plot develops.
Spike is the BIG BAD chapter 40 . 3/14/2013
Sorry I missed reviewing on the last chapter. I love this story! Please update soon! I can't wait to see what happens with Riley. I can't believe Giles is letting him stay in the same house as Spike! I feel sorry for Riley and all, but I don't want him staying in a place where it would be easy for him to torment Spike. I see this heading one of two ways. Either Riley will be the evil guy who was ruined by his dad, or Spike will be helping him through this and it turns out that he's not totally ruined. Anywhoo, I can't wait for the next chapter! This is my favorite story on Fanfiction. :)
Guest chapter 40 . 2/15/2013
Please post soon, I love this story!
Zelda Gizzler chapter 40 . 2/6/2013
Please, please, please, please, please, please, update soon!

I love this story! I have a suggustionbig shocker there! :): maybe you could have Spike write songs about Buffy, and then Buffy discovers them, and has Spike sing them to her! I think "Good Night Sweet Girl" would work for this if you have him write it before the story. Oh! Or you could have Devon quit, and Spike could be the lead singer of Dingos Ate My Baby! Are you going to bring Anya in? 'Cause you have all of the other Scoobies paired up, but not Xander. "Smiles" would work too! For during the story, I mean, he writes it during the story. The only part that doesn't work is the "Damn, it's 2 A.M. again, she kisses me goodbye, for the 16th time.", 'cause they live in the same house and all... Besides who in their right mind would leave Spike at 2 A.M.? Anyway both of those songs are by James Marsters. So please update soon!

Zelda Gizzler

P.S. 5,000,000,000,000, points if you know where the name came from.

P.P.S. I apologise if someone has that name and is reading this, I am a guest, but I wanted a name to be at the top. :)
Guest chapter 23 . 2/6/2013
"Those aren't vampires, Buffy. Vampires aren't supposed to sparkleā€¦ duh, and real vampires burn up when they go out in the sun."

That's what I keep saying!

And Firefly! Yays!
alexiarrose chapter 40 . 1/22/2013
I'm not a wealth of ideas lately, but this one is close to my heart, so please keep plugging away at it. And thank you.
Litalove chapter 40 . 1/12/2013
I loved the update! Ohh Buffy and her temper. Can't wait to read more :))
Purple Apocalypse chapter 40 . 1/11/2013
I'm so, so glad that you've updated this amazing story. I'm very sorry that I haven't reviewed before this chapter; I'm really bad about reviewing, and I frequently don't review at all. Actually, I might have reviewed once before, probably under the name SSS if I wasn't signed in, I don't remember. But anyway, this story deserves some serious praise. I've read a few of your stories (not that you'd know: like I said, I'm a bad reviewer), and this one is probably my favorite. Buffy and Spike are so sweet together. And your plot is fantastic. I feel so bad for Spike, but some of the things you've come up with are ingenious. I can't wait to find out what happens when Finn moves in. And I feel bad for Buffy, but I also think that it could actually be really good for Spike to see that "punishment" in the Giles/Summers household doesn't mean pain. Also, your original concept for this story is wonderful. I adore hurt/comfort stories, and the things Spike has gone through make his relationship with Buffy even sweeter. It's also a wonderful way to combine the sensitivity of William and the 'Big Bad' persona of Spike in one character. In stories where Spike is human, that can be quite hard to do, because he hasn't had around 200 years of character development and changes. But this situation handles that brilliantly. Anyway, kudos on an amazing fic, and I really, really hope to see another chapter soon. Keep up the good work!
ginar369 chapter 40 . 1/11/2013
Fetching shade of plum was funny as hell! It was good to see Spike being able to look past what Riley had done to him and see that the boy was in the same or worse situation as he had been. I think it says a lot about how Spike is healing. Buffy does tend to go nuclear when she gets angry. There really isn't much warning either!
Mizu.no.Oujo.1967 chapter 40 . 1/10/2013
Yay! New update! Glad your still doing this story. I absolutely love it! Can't wait for more! :)
Slayerskey chapter 40 . 1/10/2013
Loved it! Hope you get words traveling from your brain to the keyboard soon.
xxkandyangelxx chapter 40 . 1/10/2013
Honestly I love this story quite alot :) when I see that a new chapter has been posted my heart practically leaps for joy :) please continue I'd like maybe a little more focus on buffy and spikes relationship:) maybe a romantic night out and dinner, a picnic maybe the movies or ice skating? Lol you're the genius so please keep updating :)
snappyfixture chapter 39 . 12/26/2012
Please please please update soon. I spent all day reading every bit of this story and now *I'm* jonesing for my fix. You are amazing.
Thorn Wild chapter 39 . 12/16/2012
Ooh, exciting twist! I'm intrigued. Wonder what's gonna happen with Riley in the house...
Tabbi-18 chapter 1 . 12/15/2012