Reviews for A Fire Most Fell
francesca89 chapter 19 . 2/11/2016
This is one of the best L&O stories I've read so far. You should consider the possibility of doing this (writing) as your job. Really! The plot was a succession of turning points and shocking revelations. Only at the very end we get a clue on who was actually threatening Connie.
However, I think that chapter 19 was unnecessary. It created a bit of confusion: how could it be that Connie & Mike didn't think that the baby could be theirs since the very beginning? The previous chapters lose their 'legitimacy' somehow. It makes me feel a little sad about Julian too. Though I guess that the resemblance between him and Michael would be noticed by others as well.
Oh, and I believe that Mike is not much older than Connie. In Innocence it is implied that he is 35-40 years old.
Great job anyway! I could hear the characters' voices in my mind while reading! Especially Anita's and McCoy's!
P.S.: I love Lupo. Poor thing... What happened to him and B.?
adara-greenleaf chapter 19 . 3/6/2012
Julian Case is Connie's son! Am I right? Eh? Yeah...

****

Wow, okay, so I am HALF right. You know, when it was revealed that Connie was pregnant I had a tiny little thought that the baby was possibly Mike's. I think that ignoring the issue, however, is not the way to go. I think Julian should become part of their lives. But that's just my two cents...

Overall this was a very well written, very engaging fic. I look forward to reading more of your Connie/Mike.
adara-greenleaf chapter 18 . 3/6/2012
I knew Jack was involved in her "death!"

****

And they walk off into the sunset...
adara-greenleaf chapter 17 . 3/6/2012
Um...I'm really confused. I don't see how Connie can have been put in protective custody for a year, only then to be allowed to come back to NY and still be a part of the DA's office? Well, not the DA's, but still...a lawyer? And no one thought to let Mike know? Whaaaa?
adara-greenleaf chapter 16 . 3/6/2012
Oh man, I would have loved to be a fly on that wall when Mike hit Lupo!

****

13 point match? I still don't think she's dead...I hope I'm right.

***

Oh God! Jack looking as his picture of Claire! Oh, that just broke my heart. They were my first 'ship in a TV show. I loved the thought of them together and then when Claire was killed...I was so disappointed that Dick Wolf never let us see Jack's grief. I know that's not what the show was about, but still. It would have been nice to see because we all know that Jack loved her. Man, that was such a lovely touch. I was wondering if you were going to do something like that because of the way Connie and Mike's relationship mirrored Jack and Claire's. She still my fav ADA, you know.

****

Oh...Jack's speech to Mike about burying the pain! I am in tears! After all this time he still loves Claire. You should do a Jack/Claire fic.

***

Hang on a mo...why doesn't Olivia know Connie's face? Wasn't she the one who accompanied Connie to the hospital after she was raped?

****

I KNEW IT! I knew she wasn't dead!
adara-greenleaf chapter 15 . 3/6/2012
Texting 'I love you?' Really? That's so corny and cute!

****

Ah, I see what you've done here. She's not really dead. Right?

Right?
adara-greenleaf chapter 14 . 3/6/2012
Oh! Excitement! I am keen to read the next chapter ASAP!
adara-greenleaf chapter 13 . 3/6/2012
Can I just say that I think it's a bit odd that Connie is still allowed to work while she is under investigation for murder? I mean, we all know she didn't do it, but it seems very un-Jack that he would allow a murder suspect to continue with cases. That's sort of bad publicity, is it not?

****

Awesome! They're already fighting like an old married couple and they're not even dating, technically.

****

I don't really know much about Lupo, but if it came down to him or Mike, well...let's just say I've always been a fan of men who are old enough to be my father. :P

****

I simply love being in bed with my husband. I love it when he holds me and I can hear his breathing and heartbeat through his chest. I'm glad you didn't complicate things with sex. Yours was the perfect way to end this chapter.
adara-greenleaf chapter 12 . 3/6/2012
Okay, so I'm still kinda lost. But that's not a bad thing. I can't seem to figure out whodunit, and I'm usually very good at that sort of thing. You're keepin' me on my toes!
adara-greenleaf chapter 11 . 3/6/2012
And the plot thickens...

I haven't seen the episode involving Woll yet, so I really have no idea who he is or what's going on. But I think it's all kinds of hot that Mike is making more deals with the devil to help and protect Connie.
adara-greenleaf chapter 10 . 3/6/2012
"No way," Detective Bernard replied confidently. "He likes me better than you."

"Oh yeah? How do you figure?"

"I don't have a crush on his girlfriend." ~ Oh, SNAP!

****

ARGH! Damn it, woman, you're doing my head in! Where the hell did THAT come from!
adara-greenleaf chapter 9 . 3/6/2012
Mike convinces Connie to keep the baby and they raise it together. Am I right? I don't know if I want to be right. As odd as this sounds I'm not a huge fan of happily ever after. What was it Mike said in an earlier chapter? Shit happens. Well, that's life isn't it?
adara-greenleaf chapter 8 . 3/6/2012
"Please, stop running. Let me be in love with you, because, God help me, I am." ~ Wow. I think that, perhaps, these are the most moving words I have ever read as spoken by a man to a woman.
adara-greenleaf chapter 7 . 3/6/2012
Yikes! This just seems to be going from bad to worse! The events...not your writing. Actually, I find your command of the English language very refreshing. Your use of legal jargon is very, ah, sexy, actually. I feel like I'm watching an episode rather than reading a fanfic an that's what I look out for.
adara-greenleaf chapter 6 . 3/6/2012
You can have my bed and I'll take the couch. There's something so very romantic about that offer. Not just between these two, but whenever a man offers a woman his bed and takes the sofa...I don't know. It just warms my heart.

Now, what the hell is up with Connie's rommie killing someone? I hope the answers come soon, 'cause I'm a little confused!