Reviews for Worth
Taki chapter 29 . 8/4
I have jzt completed reading this story again for the seventh time and still am so captivated by it. I have been following this story since its beginning and have been frequently checking for update. Today when I read ur bio, U have written " If you are waiting for worth to update, I am sorry."
Does that mean U have decided to discontinue this story? Please don't let it be true. U have said many times before that U intend to see this story through the end. This story is like ur child, U gave it life and it have bloomed so well so far so please be considerable and do not take its chance to bloom full.
God I love this fic so much, there's so much raw... everything. Please consider continuing.

A loyal follower
Marylouanna chapter 29 . 6/19
Love this
atoxiclullaby1 chapter 29 . 3/3
I'm dying for more This is just too good. I've read it twice now and I can honestly say that your writing style is one of my all time favorites. The way you portray characters, scenes, thoughts and everything is perfect and I'm just in love with this plot. Do you have plans to finish this? Would you want to be commissioned? Have you just lost interest? I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to read more of this.
I could go on all day about what I love with this fic, it's seriously amazing. Great job! You have a real talent.
I have such a visceral need for this to continue or come to a conclusive end. All I can do is imagine Law meeting up with his crew, Penguin talking some sense into Law to realize yes he is in love with Eustess-and as messed up as it sounds, don't block your former master out-and give the poor guy a little self esteem. This is such a depressing chapter to leave things at!

So much love- I hope Doffy keeps his agreement.
Alexa Hiwatari chapter 29 . 9/11/2016
Oh this was wonderful I just hopefor them to find comfort! I wish tohug them to death. Well hope to read you soon.
rescueremedy chapter 29 . 9/11/2016
Spoilers within

I have to say this is great writing. There are some hiccups along the way, but they would be easily fixed if you wanted to go over the whole thing again, and I’m figuring not. In terms of content, arc, characterisation, description, atmosphere, authenticity and writing in general, Bravo.

First, leave it as it is. It is finished here. Let the reader make their own decision about what happened. For myself, I’m glad you let Law have his dignity. I’ve read this a number of times, and I’m totally on Law’s side, and you do it very subtly, all the way through, but you weave the fact that he is an unwilling slave whose freedom has been denied, no matter what feelings develop. He was free for ten years before encountering either Domflamingo or Kid again. That’s really important.

Kid is just a milder version of Domflamingo, and you have them mirroring one another throughout the text, which is really skilful. Kid would have marked Law’s shoulder in the way Domflamingo ultimately did, if Law didn’t (back) headbutt Kid, because Kid had pushed him up against the wall, and slammed the wall beside him on Sugar Cane Island. And that was Kid’s reaction to Law being taken at 14 was to take him again as a grown man by force?

That scene was a turning point, I know, but Law was restrained and he fought Kid in this scene, and Kid wanted to hurt Law to assuage his hurt feelings. Fuck that, even if the sex ends up being incredibly hot. It’s not how love develops. Your language is great. Even in the Calico scenes. Kid asks Law to come over, and Law “obeys.” This is from Kid’s point of view, so that’s what he’s thinking still, despite feelings he might have. It’s still couched in ownership.

Kid uses those shackles right to the end, and why would Law ever think that he wasn’t going to? The only way that Kid was ever going to get Law was if he would free him, and then Law might think about it. Law states as much. Kid says he cares for Law, and Law says, “No you don’t, or I wouldn’t be wearing these,” (the shackles) or words to that effect, on Sugar Cane Island. He ultimately enjoys the sex, but not without humiliation reflecting on his own desire, and he’s always aware that he’s not there as a free man. Always needing to second guess everything, because there is no equal footing.

Both Domflamingo and Kid want Law to submit to ownership willingly. Fuck that. The way that you write about the different perspective that each character has on the word “belong” is also really good. You don’t ram it home, but it’s there in the text to find. Kid might think it’s “belong with,” but he also thinks as a patriarch, and “belongs to me.” His crew, his slave, no matter how much he loves him is still a slave, unless he releases him.

Law is oppressed by the word “belong,” and this reflection is written in the text. Also, in the sex scenes, as raunchy as they are, there’s always one point where Law is not sure, scared of what Eustass might do, and so he’s always ultimately aware of his powerlessness. Maintaining that psychological line and outside perspective throughout is really well done. Who would submit to that? Due to past history, he’s always pretty clued in to Kid’s unthinking sense of what he’s entitled to from Law, or how it could all go downhill from there. How can Law protest, really? How can he disentangle one experience from another when he’s still a slave, though he is aware that the treatment is different, but he still has no choice.

Kid feels that he wouldn’t have abused Law so badly in the beginning if he’d known that he was stepping on a minefield of past abuse. The same way that he says that he wouldn’t have pushed Law into the water if he knew he was a fruit eater. Law responds with disbelief that he’d push anyone into the water. Same thing with the abuse. Kid thinks it’s fair game to abuse someone without a history? Law disrespects a man who buys another man. And it is a big dick competition between Domflamingo and Kid, as shown by them wanting to do battle, and Kid thinking he’ll win Law by killing Domflamingo. He’ll win him, maybe, if he frees him.

Initially I thought Law’s reactions were too strong and prickly, but another man bought him to abuse him, and he has awareness of this whole cycle throughout his life. On rereading, the only way they could be together (and then you wouldn’t have had a story) would have been if Kid had freed him. Law would have left, but I could still maybe imagine them meeting up again at some point and having a free fuck for old time’s sake. I’d enjoy that and I'm sure they would too. Also great how you keep interspersing how things might have been different if they had met on equal footing.

How you kept the curve and the interweaving of this story – the attention to detail – the shadowing and the flashbacks, really masterful. Very well done. I want Law back with his crew, and maybe things weren’t so platonic between him and Penguin after all. That dialogue with his crew was very good reinforcement too, and with Garnet when she takes note of the shackles. The understanding of the situation he’s been placed in. Thank you for a piece of fan fiction that’s also a really good piece of writing, but addictive . . .

TLDR version - great job!
Reminiscence Awry chapter 29 . 8/25/2016
This was the first story of this kind that I've ever read, and it's become one of my favorites. It has some of the best portrayed emotion that I've read in any story, fanfic or not. The way that you carry the tone of the of the story is fascinating. Who's changing perspectives make it so I never know who to root for. Even though it's been long time since the story has been updated, I really hope that someday you decide to write and post more. I've already reread what you have written more than six times now. It's so good and every time I pick it up I noticed new stuff and root for new or different people in every situation depending on my mood. Thanks for writing and posting this story.
Jace chapter 29 . 7/14/2016
I'm sobbing ? ? I need more?

So well written 10/10
Lady Histoire chapter 29 . 6/26/2016
Please update! I love this story so much and need to read more of it!
kitty1011 chapter 29 . 4/30/2016
I was looking through my favorite writers and was thinking I hadn't seen an update for this in a while. was sad when I dropped by and there wasn't an update I missed. still a good story, though. I'm going to start re-reading it today.
herfrostyx chapter 29 . 4/22/2016
Wow.

Just wow. It really is crazy how I love this story so much. I hate Law's stubborness. And Kid's jelly heart. Omg. This is just way beautiful. I love On The Surface and I love this equally, and both just equally make me sobs all the same. You are really a great writer. I hope you continue this story though. Even that it has been more than a year since you update.

Thanks for breaking my heart. This is really entertaining.
ZoroTheGod chapter 29 . 4/6/2016
Since over a year has gone by since you last updated this story, I feel like it's time to remind you that your amazing work is still very appreciated and I am sure I am not the only one craving for an update! Rereading it over and over again just reminds me of how much I miss this fic and doesn't satisfy me anymore! Not to sound pushy though, I just really hope you can get over your writers block and find enough time and motivation to continue :)
Lacy512 chapter 29 . 2/15/2016
I started reading this a few days ago and haven't put it down since! Fantastic story! Thank you so much for all the hard work you have put in to this!
Knet chapter 23 . 1/27/2016
I just finished rereading this entire bitch so please update; I need to know what happens. You can't just leave me like this.