Reviews for Buddy and Sally
DTFan chapter 4 . 9/12/2012
Now him taking only jobs with her fits. After you added in those scenes from the episodes it all made sense. I like this story a lot.
DTFan chapter 2 . 9/12/2012
"I couldn't tell him. I mean, what would I do? Walk into the office and say 'morning Buddy. Oh by the way, I'm madly in love with you'?"
I love that! Definitely a Sally line. And the way you write the episodes makes this believable.
DTFan chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
I like this so far. If it weren't for the fact that he doesn't seem to like her enough to take jobs only with her it would be very believable. But I think I like this story better than her being with Herman.
CarverrEdlund chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
I like your concept a lot. Chapter 1 was really cute. I understand why you would use quotes from the show in this chapter but try to put some of your own work in it. Have fun with it, be creative! I'm sure you can write something great that is your own! I really liked chapter three and I hope to read more of this fic soon! Please update soon! :)
pisovka chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
Your take on Buddy and Sally's relationship is intriguing. Though, IIRC, Morey Amsterdam was born in Chicago, and Rose Marie was born in NYC. Both characters/actors have very distinct urban accents, and sound nothing like people who would have been born or raised in rural New York state - and in the 1920s, Newburgh would certainly have been considered pretty far upstate and rural to anyone from New York City.

BTW, when you're using the character's dialogue and/or scenes from actual "Dick Van Dyke Show" episodes, it's a good idea to credit the original ep writers and list those particular episodes in your author's notes. Otherwise, you're taking credit for someone else's work.
voguelover chapter 3 . 11/6/2011
Awww! So cute. I really hope to see you continue this soon. I'm looking forward to the wedding!
sallyferrell chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Please say there is a sequel to this! This is a good beginning; more please!