Reviews for No Gray
pandora jazz chapter 16 . 1/28/2012
It is interesting how everyone views Dean and continue to wait for him to break. I guess it must be because I avoid spoilers and everyone knows more then I do. So I will just wait and watch and believe Dean (and Sam) will recover.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.

Hope all is well.

I know I am behind on sending you a message.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 16 . 1/28/2012
irismay42 chapter 16 . 1/28/2012
I definitely think Dean is getting near to breaking point now. You can't spend that long trying to bottle up your emotions before something has to give. Bless him.
sylia91 chapter 16 . 1/27/2012
I agree. Dean's problem isn't that he doesn't feel enough but that he repressed most all of his feelings that he deems useless or damaging to the cause, anything that makes him appear vulneralbe and now there is so much that if he lets out any portion it will all stream forth uncontrollably.
pandora jazz chapter 15 . 1/22/2012
I've been trying to type a comment and don't know what to say.

You always do a great job of creating an emotional response from your readers.

I got depressed after reading this.

I want to hope instead of believing the worse is yet to come.
irismay42 chapter 15 . 1/22/2012
Agreed, I think Dean's in emotional lock-down at the moment. It was so nice to see some glimmer of actual joy when he met Eliot Ness in last week's ep!
SamDeanLover28 chapter 15 . 1/21/2012
sylia91 chapter 15 . 1/20/2012
Dean's usual coping mechanisms are slowly failing him and when the lead box where all these repressed feelings go explodes then watch out. I'm dreading it but also looking forward to see what Jensen will do with it.
irismay42 chapter 14 . 1/16/2012
And yet no matter how many times Dean tells himself he did the right thing, he was protecting the innocent, you still get the feeling he doesn't quite believe it.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 14 . 1/16/2012
pandora jazz chapter 14 . 1/15/2012
I like these lines the best as you described Dean.

'My job is to protect the innocents from what lurks in the shadows.

My duty to save them.

To kill whatever is looking to kill us.'

I loved the last episode (well all of this season - except one episode) and can only hope that Dean listened to Ness's speech on why he should hunt.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.

Talk to you later.
sylia91 chapter 14 . 1/15/2012
I agree that as a self designated protector of humans Dean can't allow his sympathies to go against his duty. The most recent episodes I think have helped to reinforce that for him. The interaction with the hunter's teenage daughter and Eliot Ness I think have reminded Dean of why he hunts, not for revenge that was John and later Sam, but saving people, the family business. Eliot Ness may have been harsh when saying it but the clarity and rightness of that motto had sustained Dean for a long time but he forgot with the never ending series of personal losses the Winchesters have been put this last episode Dean seemed to regain some of his small joys and spark and the brothers seemed more connected than ever. I hope this continues.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 13 . 1/15/2012
irismay42 chapter 13 . 1/14/2012
I liked Ness' comments to Dean in this week's episode about him being a wuss and him just needing to get on with the job and stop angsting. I don't think Dean will ever be able do this, he feels too much, and while a little bit of detachment might help him do the job without feeling so much about it, if he didn't feel so much about it then he wouldn't be the Dean Winchester we know and love!
pandora jazz chapter 13 . 1/13/2012
I need to read this one a few more times.

I understand the beginning, but the ending, I think with every decision Dean makes, he feels the emotional effects.

I guess it is just how one sees the overall picture.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Don't you love how even if all the fans can't agree on the episodes, they still united to help the show win two awards.

Hope all is well.