Reviews for No Gray
sylia91 chapter 13 . 1/13/2012
I really think you hit the button on the head here. Dean really did understand Amy's position and what she could be driven to do for her son if not for herself no matter her best intentions. He and Sam are prime examples and Dean seems to have learned the lesson. However much he understands he also has a responsibility for protecting humans and Amy is a threat to that.

Awesome that SPN won 2 prestigious awards at the People's Choice Awards, not awesome that it wasn't acknowledged in any meaningful way. Sort of funny how SPN fandom is totally flaming the PCA facebook page in retribution. As much infighting as fandom can sometimes indulge in, the ranks close up quick and tight if anyone insults or threatens our beloved show and crew.
winchesterunited chapter 12 . 12/18/2011
Well cannon tells us that Dean is always right and most of the time even he thinks himself to be right. He believed that killing Amy was the right thing to do without a doubt, he had no qualms with making sure Sam knew that he himself was right and Sam was wrong. So I don't see the problem. Dean is black and white...when it suits him and shades of grey when it suits him.

Killing Amy was the right thing to do yet letting the witches in episode 5 go was OK, as was letting Lucky go in season 6 or how about handing over a murdering demon to Crowley in episode 8? I'm not sure how Dean makes these decisions as to who gets to live and who doesn't or who to have trust issues with and who to not but whatever because in canon Dean is always right and Sam is always wrong. Its black and white on that sense. From now on just go with whatever Dean saying/doing as being gospel and Sam being bad/wrong/a waste of space.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 12 . 12/18/2011
great.
pandora jazz chapter 12 . 12/17/2011
Hopefully the brothers won't fall from the choices and weight of being hunters.

I think if they could get a break from having to save the world every year, they would be OK. When Bobby showed us his memories of Dean and Sam, we saw moments of laughter and smiles. The Winchesters just need a few more moments.

Thanks for sharing this collection of thoughts with us.

Merry Christmas!
irismay42 chapter 12 . 12/17/2011
I for one am still hoping the boys can come out the other side with their humanity - and their lives - intact. I have a feeling Sera Gamble has other ideas!
sylia91 chapter 12 . 12/17/2011
I think you can say the same about many other fields where this would apply: soldiers, policemen, anyone in armed enforcement. Split decisions have to be made and even the correct decisions have consequences. Meanwhile in that world everything is a shade of gray and it depends on your point of view. In Dean's case, Sam felt it was wrong and I'm sure Amy's son felt that way as well but any of the loved ones of the people she'd killed so far and most hunters would have felt Dean killing her was absolutely right and may have even revelled in it. Dean did what had to be done but felt no joy and a lot of pain though not regret. Some pay the price so the rest of us don't have to and until you have to face the same situation and carry through with all the possible consequences, I don't think it is fair to judge. Dean is his own harshest critic anyways.
pandora jazz chapter 11 . 12/10/2011
I'm sorry, this just makes me feel so sad for Dean and Sam.

Yet, that means you've done a great job with the emotional punch to this story.

Until next time, take care.
irismay42 chapter 11 . 12/10/2011
One of the problems both Dean and Sam have is that they're not exactly in a position to know what 'normal' really is. Dean might think he remembers his first four years, but even they were built on a lie (Mary not telling John about her family or the deal she made), while Sam's only idea of 'normal' is his time with Jess, which was also built on a similar lie of omission his mother made (not telling Jess about his family).

How can the boys, then, ever know what 'normal' really means? In which case they will never feel 'normal'.
ucat42 chapter 11 . 12/10/2011
Ahhh...so much angst...
ucat42 chapter 10 . 12/10/2011
Yes, you nailed it, Dean only survives through his brother. I loved S6 EP1 where Dean wakes up with a panicked look on his face, another day without Sam...
ucat42 chapter 9 . 12/10/2011
Oh, I didn't put a lot of thought into Sam comparing himself to a monster...wow, great insight...
winchesterunited chapter 11 . 12/9/2011
I agree with Sam he isn't normal he is different in a way that others can not possibly comprehend.

How many people can say they have experienced anything like what Sam has over his life time?

Its all very well saying that no one is normal that everyone is in some way a freak but it doesnt really ring true when compared to Sam. Hello Demon blood, demons on his shoulder, being the devil's vessel, spending 180 years in the deepest darkest part of hell with the ultimate evil, being soulless for over a year?

The fact that all these things have been thrown at him and he is still standing strong is testament to the hero he is. Heroes save people for no other reason that its the right thing, they dont look for praise or thanks, they dont do it to impress or live up to some kind of expectation. Sam is a hunter because he cares about people, he has never given up on people or god even when they have given up on him. This season has seen Sam stand strong fighting off his trauma to do what he does best save people. He hasnt sat around allowing his issues to get the better of him, he hasnt wallowed in the crap fest that is his life. He is a true hero.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 11 . 12/9/2011
great
sylia91 chapter 11 . 12/8/2011
I liken Dean's self image to someone with anorexia, though I don't mean to belittle someone with that very serious condition but they have a warped view of their image like looking into a funhouse mirror. I sometimes even question Dean's frequent seeming vanity about his appearance. It seems to be self mocking and sarcastic rather than arrogant.
pandora jazz chapter 10 . 12/2/2011
Interesting thought from Dean.

I believe that now Dean would never give up on Sam.

I never thought Dean would kill Sam through all the years of watching the show. But I think my view of Dean letting Sam die is different then yours, because I already believe Dean did that, let Sam die, though I know you see it differently. I don't think Dean would make the same choice today.

On a side note, hope you and your nephew enjoyed the "SN" marathon at your house. Shari and Levi started tonight and will work through the episodes this weekend until they reach tonights. Shari relayed your twitter post before I was done watching the episode.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and survived Black Friday.

Until next time, take care.
111 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »