Reviews for Scaling Mountains
Serpico chapter 66 . 12/15/2013
Hmmm, an interesting chapter, even if it seemed short. Gotta say the third-person present tense still throws me off whenever I return to the story, haha! And I'm still reading at least! Can't deny I'm eagerly awaiting the narrative's return to Marie and Mu, even if it's good to see how Sasha's doing too.
Serpico chapter 63 . 8/16/2013
Well, I'm still reading at least! I'll count myself as someone not entirely satisfied with the writing, but less due to actual writing ability and more due to the fact you're writing in third-person present tense, which I freely admit I've never read before and find quite off-putting - reading it, the characters feel kind of distant. I do like the actual story though - I find the setting quite nice, and the main characters both very refreshing, everything from how they look to how they act and think.

As for your progress concerns, I find myself split - on one hand, things have maybe gone somewhat slowly so far. On the other, things don't feel that close to concluding, and I find the characters aren't getting any more development than they need, so speeding up would risk ruining that (I freely admit to being a huge sap, and having the romance get brushed over due to increased pacing would be a let-down). In the end, though, it's important you do what you want to - if you can work a faster pace without sacrificing the characters or story, that's great. If not, you should decide which you prefer of telling the complete story but taking longer, or speeding up to get more practice and be done with sooner, but not quite fitting everything in.
Noderlol chapter 58 . 6/9/2013
Oh my, the romance finally goes somewhere substantial! I hadn't anticipated it happening in this situation I must admit, but it makes some twisted sort of sense - our protagonists constantly have better things to do than romance after all. I'm impressed you keep on writing this even with so little feedback, honestly, hopefully you'll finish. While it was jarring getting used to a story written mostly in present tense, I still enjoy it quite a bit.
canice chapter 55 . 5/6/2013
looking forward to more :D
wertheren chapter 55 . 5/2/2013
looking forward to more _
Serpico chapter 49 . 1/27/2013
While I've avoided this fic for a while as the writing-style doesn't appeal to me, I've sat down to read it now and it really is pretty good. The characterization and world-building has in particular been solid, although I still find the writing is not for me. That's somewhat a matter of taste however, and I certainly think the story deserves more acknowledgement than it has received so far, so hopefully it can find more mass appeal. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the story from here!
LightRedemption chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Basically, as having only read the first chapter, I am rather perplexed on how such a piece would be left so unpopular (?) among the reviewers and those alike. I am not quite familiar with this particular universe, so I would have to do some digging before I can comment on the story itself. However, so far, it seems like a decently constructed array of work, albeit I can see it perhaps moving rather quickly and lack of proper depiction of character (albeit this might be because I've only read 1 chapter). I would get back to reading should it sparks my interest to do so.
Rikaishi chapter 20 . 1/20/2012
This has been a fun read so far. Kinda campy but I like it, and sincerely hope you continue.