Reviews for For Promised Joy
wthtonibelle chapter 2 . 8/15
I really, really, really hope you'll update in the future. This is my second time reading this and I have to say that this is my favorite G/CC early marriage fic. I had actually forgotten the title of this fic as well as your name, but I was desperate to read this again so I typed some of the sentences I remember from this fic and searched on Google. I got lucky and found it again. I'm now bookmarking this and I will keep checking for updates or just to reread. I appreciate how well you convey feelings with your writing. I like your Goku and Chichi. They're believable takes on the characters. And this really is very well-written. Thank you very much for writing this. :)
aangismyhomie chapter 2 . 8/5
This fic is amazing. I love how realistic it all is; how there are ongoing problems that are glossed over and silly sex conversations and moments of intense intimacy. It's really refreshing to read a fic that isn't sunshine and rainbows but still contains copious amounts of love and care. You rock.
wthtonibelle chapter 2 . 8/4
wow, this is pretty good! are you going to update? i hope you do!
Masatoru chapter 1 . 7/13
This is beautiful.
Maiika chapter 2 . 12/2/2014
This was really well written. I like the alternating perspective, and the personalities are very true to character. A lot of people seem to think Goku would not be interested in sex because he is so childlike and nieve, but it is really instinctive. The way Goku loves food and fighting, I think sex fits right in with that. You can see at the end of Dragonball, ChiChi is immediately in love with Goku but he has no clue about love. And I definitely agree that the delivery was done by midwife, since they are all about being out in the country, and all the other characters don't know Gohan exists until he is 4 1/2. I think if they had gone into the city to a hospital, they would have at least met up with some of Goku's old friends to announce the news of the baby, so they must have just stayed away.
Chichi Musa Lynn chapter 1 . 11/14/2014
well i hope you update soon. i'm hook on this story. i'm glad chichi let goku be with her.
Chichi Musa Lynn chapter 1 . 11/14/2014
"Do you love me?". His lips pause just above my heart and for a beat the world is silent.

I love that line. you are such a good writer. I like how you can make Goku a lover to Chichi but at the same time he is still very naive. I love this story. I love Goku and Chichi stories and I think this is going to be one of the best i've read. LOVE IT. Keep up the good work.
Sasusc chapter 2 . 11/8/2014
I love this story! It's actually the first time reading a Goku/ChiChi story and I'm so glad I choose this one. It's perfect. I don't think Goku is as dumb as people think either. And I love how you've rewritten both of them. Please continue soon!
kawaii248 chapter 2 . 10/20/2014
I was beyond excited to see this story updated! Thank you for another expertly written chapter. I'm seriously loving your portrayal of Goku. He is the perfect blend of naivety and street smarts. I cannot wait to see what life has in store for these two.
PoeticLover1996 chapter 2 . 10/12/2014
Oh my Lord, you finally updated! I'm so freaking relieved, you have no idea. I remember thinking to myself, "I hope this story hasn't been abandoned because it's really freaking good." However, I'm more than well aware of the fact that you have other things to do and deal with.

And so we see another chapter in their lives, huh? Little Gohan is born! You've done a wonderful job with the characters and details and I could feel the emotions oozing from the page. Ooh, I'm so excited for the next chapter!
Yourgranny chapter 2 . 10/12/2014
So happy you updated! :) I really liked that ChiChi forgave him, but did not forget what happened. Now I can only suspect troubles coming up with taking care of Gohan, I'm curious to see how Goku handled it at first.
tevinssj7 chapter 2 . 10/12/2014
Great story .
Marorin5 chapter 2 . 10/12/2014
YES! You updated! :D I AM SO HAPPY! I had almost lost hope—almost! xD And I loved this chapter! I felt so bad for poor Chi-Chi at the beginning of this chapter. I mean, she was heartbroken. But I also felt sorry for Goku too. Especially since he misses his Grandpa and he wishes not to ever be alone again. I don’t blame him. It must be hard to be alone.

"It hurt when my Grandpa died," he continues, his right hand rising until he’s clutching his chest, just above his heart. "It hurts now."

For some reason, I just loved that part! Maybe because it was thanks to him saying that that Chi-Chi realized they were both wounded. Chi-Chi demanding him to touch her was her way to comfort him I guess. I mean, they both were a little better after that, right?

So, Chi-Chi really is pregnant. I knew it! I didn’t like the doctor that judged Goku and Chi-Chi because of their age either. He shouldn’t do that. Oh, by the way, I love how you put Goku’s fear of needles. It is indeed funny someone as strong as him would fear something as small as a needle. But then again, he’s not the only one scared of something harmless. Vegeta is scared of worms. xD

Goku thinking that he should be the one being pregnant made me laugh. Oh, cute innocent Goku. He’s so funny, even when he’s not trying to be! I wish you would’ve put more stuff on her pregnancy, like the first time the baby kicks or something, but it’s okay that you didn’t. It is fine as it is.

I feel bad for Goku now. He’s so afraid of having a child because he has no idea of how to be a father. He reflexing that now he’s got two people to take care of was great. I can’t wait to see next chapter, and how will Goku and Chi-Chi—mainly Goku though—handle being parents. I really am curious to see them learn, and their thoughts about each other and Gohan.

Oh, by the way, are you adding Goku’s friends too? Or are you following the idea that they won’t be seeing each other until the reunion at Kame House? Just curious. I’d like it if they kept seeing each other, but I understand if you don’t do that, because in canon they didn’t see each other for five years (even though I think it is kind of ridiculous if you ask me. I think they should’ve seen each other in those five years. It doesn’t make sense that they didn’t. But that’s just my opinion. :P)

I can’t wait for the next chapter! I will be waiting eagerly for it. I love this story! I really do! Keep it up! :)
nancy103 chapter 2 . 10/11/2014
A new father does get that overwhelming feeling concerning how they are going to take care of his family. Very realistic portrayal there!
And great two chapters!
Guest chapter 2 . 10/11/2014
What a beautiful fic! I hope you update soon, I really don't have words. You capture such raw emotion in this. Keep up the good work!
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »