Reviews for The Angel of Faith Wore A Trenchcoat
Ph0enix-Flyer chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Wow, this was lovely.

It really irritated me how - in the show - the only real grief Dean showed was the way he looked at and rolled up the trenchcoat (if that isn't forshadowing I don't really know what is) and the brief impression we've gotten that Dean's having nightmares which included scenes from Cas' apparent death. When it was first announced that Castiel wasn't going to have any major part in this season I think someone said they wanted to emphasise the fact that people moved in and out of the Winchester's lives and that the show was about the BROTHERS more than anything else.

That made me laugh, because if that were true then how the hell is Bobby still alive? But I digress.

In all honesty, I haven't really seen much going on in the show about the brothers - just soulful looks at each other as they refuse to talk out their problems (been there, done that). Another thing I haven't seen is much of this 'redemption' theme they promised us. But it's early days in the season yet I suppose and I think I'm going a bit off-tangent in this review! :P

Long story short? I really loved the way you got across Dean's emotions in this story and how you did what the writers in the show haven't yet done - which is acknowledge everything the nerdy angel had done for the Winchester brothers.

Personally, I definately don't think Cas' dead: lesser characters got a better send off than the angel did and much more of an emotional reaction from Sam, Dean and Bobby too. Regardless of the things that happened at the end of season 6, if he really were gone for good, they'd of at least given more of a focus on how the gang said their own little goodbyes.

Anyway. Wonderful story!

XD :D XD
DeanCasLover22 chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Wow! That was pretty powerful. Great story. :D
Dogstar-Black chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
This is honestly one of the best Supernatural fics I've read in a while. I definitely think something like this should happen on the show. Really good job!
The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
This was great. You've got a good writing voice and I can totally imagine Dean thinking through everything during his three weeks of being laid up.
marian93 chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
I loved this! *sniff*

It was sweet and heartbreaking and hopeful... I very much enjoyed it, thanks :)