Reviews for Technically
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
YAY! Sorry, I didn't mean to get excited or anything... I just... You wrote another chapter *_* I know, I know... It's stupid and all, but it made me smile to able to read one more chapter of one of your adventures

Good one, caring John is lacking on this world LOL Even if needs to be young John ;)

Kisses

Rosetta
sylia91 chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
So glad to see you continuing this. 'When nothing else seems real, I know that Dean is real.' Love this line. This season may be sometimes spotty but it has accomplished the job of getting the brothers back together as they realize they are each other's touchstone and the only thing they can count on. I wish it wasn't at the cost of many characters I've come to love but maybe the point is that where everything else may come and go, at the core of it is Sam and Dean.
Nyx Ro chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
*sniff* So beautiful! Thank you for this. :,)
Meggin Lane chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
OOOohhh! clair I'm so glad you wrote this.

If Sam has the brain wiring to have bad hallucinations he should at least be able to have good ones too. The brain has many ways to protect itself when facing harm and quick as an eyelashes blink protects our vision from dust or worst the brain can do all kinds of tricks to deflect the most harmful damage to us.

And it's perfect that you chose Sam to see his father, and it makes even more sense that the version he chose to see was the young man he met when he'd traveled back in the past, before all the stuff had turned that good guy into the obsessed drill Sargent that pushed his boys into becoming soldiers. Only younger John would have said "please..."

I hope this show can still inspire you occasioanly because nobody sets up a story like you do!

***Spoiler alert***

I read in an interview that Jared gave recently that Sam is finally going to have his full blown break down and will have to be institutionalized. I never bought the crap that Sam was "managing" so I'm glad that the writers are going to, at least, give his character the chance that they never have given Dean's character in letting Sam behave like a human being and not like some energizer bunny (LOL)

He said it was going to coincide with the arrival of the baby and I'm glad to hear that the show is going to extend the same courtesy to one of it's main actors as it did for one of the co stars when Misha's boy was born.

Hang in there! (((clair)))
Eavis chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
Oh, it's lovely to see you back - however briefly. ;) And this was a marvelous chapter, too. I loved John's insistence on knowing what was happening with his sons - no matter how Sam tried to push him away. Sam's instant knowing of where Dean was, what his footsteps /weren't/ and knowing that Dean was real - it was beautifully done and beautifully touching.

Can't wait for more!

God be with thee,

Eavis

P.S. I know you've stopped watching the episodes, but I have to recommend 7.12, Time After Time - it was excellent. The boys working together and Dean and Sam both being awesome in their own ways and a great MotW and I have to admit Dean in a hat and suit like that didn't hurt. ;)
CeCe Away chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
I like this John. And Sam's added answer to why pressing on that particular scar is awesome.
Thorny Hedge chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
*smishes Sam*
Enkidu07 chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
Love it. Love you!
JellyWinchester chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
Wow, just wow! This is great.

Please do update!
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
This is great, I love how John's talking to Sam, getting him to open up. Very good take on how young John would be with him, before all the shit with Mary goes down. He's being a father, instead of a drill sergeant. Great job.

I know you said you aren't going to write any more and I understand the reasons why, I really do. I totally got what you were saying.

But the way I look at it, we are the caretakers. We are the ones who love them the best, all of them: the boys, Bobby, Cas, John, hell, even the one-shot characters. No matter what happens on the show, they're still with us here, in our writing, in how we care about them, and in the friendships we make on this website.

Sometimes I really freak out (are you kidding me, you fucking psychos! Bobby?) but I can't, won't, let them go. Bobby's still alive here, kicking ass and talking plain. John's still here (through you) taking care of his boys. Cas is still looking confused and bemused.

Okay, kicking the soapbox back into the corner. Not trying to preach. You're a great writer. Your stuff has heart. And besides, not to get to schmoopy, you are a valued member of our little community.
jo1966 chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
This is such a brilliant story. I'm loving John the way he is treating Sammy is just so touching and you can see he is not used to this John. Please please continue with the story.
cold kagome chapter 4 . 1/21/2012
omg,,,i like this john... hope he make the boys feel better
MysteryMadchen chapter 4 . 1/20/2012
So happy for another chapter and really glad that Sam actually spoke to John. Can't wait to see where this story ends up going. Thanks so much, Nicole.
borgmama1of5 chapter 4 . 1/20/2012