Reviews for A Girl Needs a Gun These Days
EagleJarl chapter 4 . 11/16/2013
Awwww! River and Zoe bonding: a quiet little moment of awesome.
EagleJarl chapter 3 . 11/16/2013
This is so Kaylee! Even when she's trying to be vindictive, she's just not that vindictive. And her comment about sex being like machinery cracked me up.
EagleJarl chapter 2 . 11/16/2013
Kaylee would never make an official Companion - she's too artless. Yet tht artlessness is exactly why she would be so good at the job. The point of a Companion is to help people feel better and no power in the 'Verse can stop our Kaylee from bein' sunshiney.
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 5 . 3/27/2013
Love the relationship and just everything.
Redmage2 chapter 4 . 11/10/2012
Oh, this whole story is great, but this bit here at the end of this chapter is *fantastic*
RayenOfDeadStarsAndPlanets chapter 5 . 10/14/2012
I love this! It's so great!
Barbarossa Rotbart chapter 5 . 7/24/2012
That was fun!
ScumFreezebag chapter 5 . 7/17/2012
I really liked this story! It reminded me so much of the real episodes, thanks so much!
macgamer chapter 4 . 3/16/2012
Love this story and this chapter was wonderful. The interaction and conversation between River and Zoe was perfect, thank you!
RionaEire chapter 5 . 10/26/2011
Very good story, I enjoyed how each chapter was from a different woman's point of view and it was interesting that the last chapter was from that of Serenity herself. Your River, Kaylee and Zoe chapters were particularly well done. You use wonderful imagery in all of them but particularly in River's and Kaylee's chapters. You do a wonderful job showing us how River can be part of jobs and how she can use her abilities to help the crew and keep things going well. I'm totally cool with River helping on jobs when she's lucid and someone stays with her, like Zoe did, and we don't give her a gun until its absolutely necessary and we want her to use it, Mal gave her one a little early in my opinion but it all worked out well. You did well at conveying how River might be experiencing the things that are happening around her on the job, again with the excellent imagery. The imagery in Kaylee's chapter was also interesting and effective. And brilliant use of the present tense. I laughed at "It looks like Simon isn't sure that this place won't jump out and bite him." By the way, one always refers to a commanding officer as Sir, their sex is irrelevent. So calling Zoe Ma'am doesn't make sense here, unless you just want River to call her that to be different. But Zoe would know the protocol. The whole thing was really well written and executed to near perfection. The pacing was perfect and the whole thing was just plain fun to read.

Riona
Duchess of Strumpetness chapter 5 . 10/23/2011
As always, awesome
vergissmeinnicht chapter 5 . 10/18/2011
Just a quick note: I really like your story and will review this properly in the near future. Just right now, I wanted to let you know that it's a great story!
ebfiddler chapter 5 . 10/13/2011
A very satisfying ending, as Serenity's women save the day. Saffron comes and causes her discord, and lives to do it again another day. Thank you, ViaLethe, for another fine story.
ebfiddler chapter 3 . 10/13/2011
Didn't expect the search and rescue to have such light moments in it! Kaylee's interest in the "adventurous" acts taking place in the second room was very funny and in character. I like how Simon is able to step into his role at the critical moment. Kaylee's "multitask" rebuttal to the guard was also very amusing. Glad that Simon immediately examined Torsten: that is exactly what he would do.
ebfiddler chapter 2 . 10/13/2011
I love seeing Inara take charge here. She is so very capable, and if she has doubts about how well this plan will work, she's good at hiding them. Simon's line "The girls there aren't like Inara at all, you'll fit right in" just had me laughing. Of course he would say something like that! Inara is kind enough not to tell him "You boob!" Kaylee's reaction is very much in character. Good set-up, looking forward to reading more.