Reviews for Probie Snapshots
sb4ever chapter 5 . 2/8
Love these stories about Mike Stoker. The flesh out his character ion a way the show never could. Your writing flows well. Situations seem reasonable, characters are spot on. Thanks for sharing your talent!
sb4ever chapter 3 . 2/8
Yay! What a great story featuring Marco! Loved Mrs. Gibson and glad that you made her so regular. And yes, there are jerks everywhere!
FlaFan chapter 6 . 1/24/2014
Great perception of the things that shaped our favorite TV firefighters! I love this story.
Var Devonshire chapter 6 . 1/21/2014
Awe, Roy becomes a daddy. You did an incredible job of coming up with 6 completely different probie situations that all resonate with the individual characters. As Johnny would say, "Incredible" job well done! Var
Var Devonshire chapter 5 . 1/21/2014
A giant squid tried to suck his face off! LOL Great story. One story left and it done, darn it. I'm really enjoying these peaks into the probie life of our favorite A shift crew!
Var Devonshire chapter 4 . 1/21/2014
LOL Brilliant. I started with a chuckle until it grew to laughing out loud. Well done and suits Kelly so well! Var
Var Devonshire chapter 3 . 1/21/2014
Ok, so wasn't expecting this story based on the title but, having grown up with several dogs, can fully appreciate the effort Marco went to. Mrs. Gibson was a hoot, loved her standing up to Grady. You've a real knock for creating characters in a short amount of "time". I'm really enjoying these Probie stories.
Var Devonshire chapter 2 . 1/21/2014
Oh man! Words fail. Well done. Var
Var Devonshire chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Growth spurt! I love it and that Johnny didn't realize it either. What a fun read and it all worked so well. Well done! Var
P.S. I only recently joined FF and have been slowly working my way thru all the stories. I really enjoy yours. :)
DakotaCelt chapter 6 . 5/7/2013
Great stories.. I wanted to wait until I read all six before commenting.

Each story addressed a fascinating vignette of each man's life. It created nice elements for their back story. Great job on humor and emotion.
DakotaCelt chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Thing about Johnny... he was always tall and willowy...
Emzieluvsbooks chapter 6 . 4/20/2013
I loved this story! The idea was really original and really well done. I loved every chapter so I will kill six birds with one stone and comment on them all in one review.

Chapter 1: Really funny :) It sounds exactly like something that would happen to Johnny. Though he may have stopped growing at one point, I guess he never lost his accident-prone nature that this chapter showed so well. I especially loved how the captain, though he seemed king of gruff, still insisted on Johnny going to the hospital to get a check up.

Chapter 2: Poor Cap. I can't even imagine what it would be like to realize the child you tried to rescue was dead. This chapter was so emotional and heart-wrenching. It was completely in Cap's character to break down like that (who wouldn't) and I really loved the word's of wisdom from the Cap's captain. Really well done.

Chapter 3: Ha, I can just imagine Marco struggling with that yippy little poodle :) Really loved how you showed prejudice in this chapter, and I loved how you showed that there are good people who don't care about someone's race even more.

Chapter 4: Ha ha, finally, it's Chet who gets pranked instead of Johnny. The Phantom must have really gotten payback at those guys later. Totally in Chet's character to appreciate a good prank, even if he is the recipient. Really loved how Chet kept a notebook of prank's and how you kind of hinted about Johnny becoming Chet's pigeon.

Chapter 5: My favorite line of this entire chapter was "I shook my head. That was ridiculous. You don't leave people behind. You just don't." I loved how Mike was baffled that someone would even think of leaving anyone behind, even someone that has been making you life hell. This chapter really reminded me of how Mike dragged the Cap away from the electrical wires in The Great Crash Diet. You kept Mike completely in character for the entire story and I really loved it.

Chapter 6: Loved Joanne in this story and I loved how you wrote about how hard it would be for a fireman's family. Also loved how it was more important to Roy that his child might have to grow up without him than it was that he might not see his child grow up. Also thought the ending line was very interesting. Very well done.

Wheew, okay I'm almost done. Each chapter flowed and was well written. I didn't notice anything that I would improve or change. Every one of your stories that I have read have been a tribute to your excellent abilities as a writer. Not just funny humorous stories, but serious ones too. I can't wait to read more.

P.S. This has got to be the longest review I have ever written, but I'm not sure if I have ever written a review for your stories and I wanted you to know how good I think they are. I hope your eyes don't get tired reading it all ;)
Neemps chapter 6 . 10/26/2011
Wonderful chapter. Roy becoming a new Daddy. So sweet. I loved every moment. I think I liked Mike's story the best of the six though. The whole series was terrific! Great idea. Excellent work.
pam1 chapter 6 . 10/26/2011
Great beginning for Roy on both the career and family front. In fact this series was a great beginning for the whole crew. It was well written and enjoyable to read

Thanks
pam1 chapter 5 . 10/25/2011
Another enlightening chapter. Not much was mentioned in the series - I like how you'll filled in his background