Reviews for Fifty Three
Shadows11 chapter 1 . 5/27/2014
cute.
StarryNight101 chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
Love it! Such an original and fun idea.
cassy1994 chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
This was great and I think it works really well, in the second one there's a scene where derek and odette are shooting and she makes the target perfectly!
That Kid with a Dumb Username chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
This was such a precious story, and what a unique idea too! I'd never even pondered the concept before, but I'm so relieved that you chose to explore it. Wonderful job with this! I love the slow shift in Derek and Odette's relationship from hatred to tolerance to restrained fondness. So yes, just overall beautiful work here!
MoonKent chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
I love this! I'd never actually really thought about it before, other than to wonder who in their right mind would come up with such a dangerous game, but of course, two teenagers would do it. And there were so many plot holes (major and minor) in Swan Princess that it would take a full-length AU to fix them all. Still, that doesn't stop me from enjoying the movie and singing along with the "For Longer than Forever" song.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Little Gem Magnolia chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
This was amazing! I loved how you made Catch and Fire a Derek/Odette-thing! Very clever. I agree that it's a bit odd for the three to act like Bromley's never played the game before but I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't and Derek had played with someone else. (Or even Odette after reading this! She was so tomboyishly cute in the beginning but I believe she was still a bit like that later on; she was never afraid of hard work in the movie.)

Very interesting take on the game; I really enjoyed it.
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
I really liked how you read into that little exchange in the movie. You do a great job fleshing out your idea as well as portraying that antagonistic relationship between Derek and Odette while still giving them an opportunity to grow closer. The idea that it was Derek and Odette playing catch and fire is quite enticing and you tie the title of the fic in beautifully.
SarahZahde chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
AAAH I LOVE IT! I... just... agh it's so perfect. I love to think that they were grudging friends throughout their childhoold and... anyway. This is great. :')
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
This is a good, long, and decent one-shot story.

I liked the fact that you explain Catch and Fire, as well as how the game started. This makes sense that Odette and Derek were the first to play Catch and Fire, with Bromley, for obvious reasons, knowing about the game. I think Bromley did know, and was afraid to play the game, as you have said in the summary.

Good work.

-Aria Breuer
bethsaida chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
That was a-ma-zing. You developed their slow-blossoming romance with grace and plausibility. You also had the most generous interpretation of Derek's blunder that I've ever seen - that he couldn't tell Odette "he found her anything but beautiful." Thank you very much for this jewel.
Leni chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
This makes so much more sense! Of course Odette was the other half of the game! Love how you've tied it together with canon, with the slingshot and the borrowed armor. Great work!
Lady Emily chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Aw, I really like this story- very well-written, in character, and cute! I always assumed Bromley's fear of catch-and-fire was pretty natural, because 1) he's not exactly stout-hearted, and 2) he's aiming a kill shot at his best friend... if something goes wrong Derek could die and Brom would have to live with being the one who shot him. Anyways I love this alternate explanation. Great job.
Kirala Mouse chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
I love this explanation! And it fits so nicely with the characters. Well done. And if I were more awake, I could give a more coherent/thorough review.
Jeruselum chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
LOL, you are so right! I loved the Swan Princess story, its been too long since I watched it.

thanks for the delightful read!