Reviews for The Key To My heart
rebecca-in-blue chapter 10 . 7/10
Obviously a lot of action in this chapter. I think in some places it gets a little over-the-top. I don't understand why killing Shaw would be such an awful thing that Erik can't let it happen, when Shaw is obviously a bad person who needs to die already. (Of course, I didn't get this in the movie, either.) Some interesting twists with Erik hugging Pele and Emma giving her body to Mystique. Maybe there's hope for her yet?
rebecca-in-blue chapter 9 . 7/3
I'm getting a bit confused re: why Shaw wants to wake up Charles's full power, since it seems like if he does that, Charles would easily kill him. This chapter brings out some of the worst in Erik, and I'm very glad that Raven and Moira found in time to stop him from confronting Shaw drunk and sleep-deprived. They are obviously thinking more clearly than he is. With the whole gang together, I'm hopeful that this might actually end well for them. Really can't wait to read more!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 8 . 6/26
Man, the scene of Charles's awakening is so intense - the sexual metaphors, "as if they stood in the presence of a messiah," him torturing Pele. It's so rare that you get to see a BAMF!Charles. I had a feeling that Shaw was going to show him memories of what happened to Erik in Auschwitz, because what else would push Charles over the edge like that? I love that at the end, in the confrontation between Erik and Emma, seeing what Charles has been going through since the beach pushes him over the edge in the same way. Once again, can't wait to see what happens next.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 7 . 6/19
Man, I love all the different little scenarios inside Charles's head in this chapter, especially the one of him and all the other mutants in a mutant concentration camp, which is so powerful for its brevity. I do take some exception to it taking Erik this long to connect "Remember what makes you free" to "Arbeit macht frei," since I guessed that was what Azazel was talking about as soon as he said it.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 6 . 6/12
I love the scenes of Erik OWNING the word "freak" and escaping from the station like the badass that he is. His dream/flashback to the submarine is very effective too, as are the hints that Erik's behavior is what might hurt Charles the most. I felt the scene between Charles and Pele went on for a little too long (and some of her dialogue was hard to swallow) but I'm very curious to see how her words will come true. The little reference to James/Michael was great!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 5 . 6/5
I am a little bit confused re: Moira's dreams, which seem to span most of the original X-Men movies and some AU stuff. Man, I really feel for Erik at the end. He actually tried Charles's method of making peace with the humans, offering to put the bridge back down without anyone getting hurt, and they use the opportunity to shoot him. That guy has all the luck. I'm a little nervous to see what happens next.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 4 . 5/29
Gosh, each section of this chapter is so well-done and so intense. I think you had the right idea to intersperse Moira and the rest of the gang with the much angstier sections about Charles being tortured and Erik's nightmares. There are some good (and much-needed) bits of comic relief in "Are you going to stare all day or are you going to make some lunch?" and in Beast flipping pancakes. I really can't wait to see what happens next.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 3 . 5/22
What a sadistic guy Shaw is here, toying with Charles and Erik's emotions for each other. But I do love that his making Charles believe that he hurt/used Erik is enough to finally push Charles to reach him telepathically. I also love that Erik is working together with the rest of the gang for at least a little while, although I have no idea what's going on with Moira. Is she not human in this story? The "awake" and "glorious to behold" makes me think of Phoenix waking up in Jean, although that storyline in X3 left such a bad taste in my mouth that I kinda hope the story doesn't go in that direction.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 2 . 5/15
The feels in this chapter are just too much. I really love the conversation between Erik and Moira in the beginning, her admitting that she overheard them and him actually admitting that he was a virgin (!). How awkward for both of them, but especially for Erik - but maybe he found some relief in talking about it. I can't wait to see what happens next, but I'm already worried about Erik going it alone.

And the scene of Emma reading Charles's mind - as a Cherik fangirl, I've always loved seeing them in bed together, but this, presenting it with Emma and Shaw both there, is so twisted and disturbing in a really juicy way.
Why you must use charles and Erik's actors ﹏ aweeeeeeee when I first saw it I flipped knowing you went there come on waiiiiii My feelssss
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 5/8
Man, what an intense beginning. It can be tricky to write this level of violence and high emotions without getting over-the-top, but I think you pull it off well here. The action all flowed so well that it didn't feel long at all. I'm glad I found this story, but it's going to hard not to read the whole thing at once!

I felt so much for Erik when Shaw said that he was in love with Charles - certainly the last person in the world he would want to know something so private - and I can't want to see what his plan for getting him back is! I just hope he just destroy himself in the process.
GlobeDrifter chapter 12 . 6/2/2015
Hello,

frist of all I just love your ff. It' s thrilling and doesn't get boring. i just could not stop reading! Really amazing! Thank you for that!

Now, it happens that I'm german. and to make your story even better i'd like to suggest some corrections for your german quouts.

While "Ich komme für dich" is indeed correct german , in this context it does not really apply. it's also in collquial german quite sexally :P Like: I'm getting a orgasm for you. So i would suggest you write instead: "Ich kriege dich" which means "I get you" or also correct "ich komme" which means "I'm coming".
A Littel further away from what you wrote would by "Du wirst dafür bezahlen" meaning "You will pay for what you've done! Another option would be saying both together like "Ich komme und du wirst bezahlen" means "I'm coming and you'll pay!". Or if you like it a little ruffer: "Ich komme und du wirst leiden!" meaning "i'm coming und you'll suffer!"

Fruthermore "mein Lieben" is not correct german. My love would be "Meine Liebe."
and i don't know if this one was on purpose because Charles doesn't know german but "Alle dein" Would correctly be "Alles deins" "All yours" or which sounds in german a little better "Ich bin dein" "I'm yours".

i don't know if i missed something but I think everything else is correct.

so again a big compliment on this story really amazing and entertaining! I hope my german lesson was not to annoying ;) apologise for my horrobile english!

Greetings from Germany,

Leonie
Mango chapter 11 . 4/5/2014
I think you added too much extra stuff.
Mango chapter 4 . 4/5/2014
I don't know it is a little too chaotic and fast paced. Your timing is a little off and did you really need to make Moira a mutant? That's pushing it.
LaMartienneElfique chapter 12 . 2/15/2014
Wow... Just wow ! I really enjoyed your story ; the way you described the characters's feelings, all the quotes in german adding a touch to Erik's personnality and, I must confess, the way you wrote the torture scenes was so full of emotions, I couldn't stop reading ! Now, let's see what happens next in "How Do You Mesure" 3