Reviews for Solace With Cherries
Luna12 chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Wow! A great little story. You did a superb job portraying Akane and some realistic soul searching post-Jusendo trama.

The scene when Ranma shows up was breathtakingly awesome. * swoon * It felt like the natural progression compared to how he behaved when he found her in Higo Forest, especially after the drama in the last manga. He's relieved, angry, and passionate all at once.

Great descriptions of Martial Arts Cherry Picking. It fit in so perfectly in the Ranma 1/2 universe.

I'm saddened there isn't anymore to the story, but it has just barely enough closure to leave me satisfied.
caia-chan chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
It's a beautiful story!Ranma is very protective ,It's Wonderful and romantic!After all thinghs happened Akane in China It's very interesting to know Akane's POV about it!I very very very hope you write a sequel!or another story!Please!You are great!
borg rabbit chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
This is actually a very sweet story, hinting of a sequel.
SilveredFoxeh chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
That was very well done . I liked the detail you put into it!

I would love to see more but it was well contained as a one shot .
authority02 chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Interesting.
Rio Grande chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
This is an AMAZING Ranma story - i am so pleased I stumbled upon this. I really enjoyed your akane, especially in regards to her feelings for Ranma and their friends post-manga. it definitely felt as though things were somewhat settled between her and Ranma after jusendo, and it's always a little annoying to read fics that take place afterwards where Akane and Ranma are still screaming at each other and denying everything. i thought this was a really lovely way to address how intense the end of the manga actually was for the main characters and how things can't really go back to how they were entirely, while still maintaining standard ranma 1/2 universe staples (for instance, i had no trouble believing that akane would take off without telling anyone where she was going over nightmares - i was always surprised at how flippant she was about running off to see shinosuke during the ryungenzawa arc, but akane is always sort of surprisingly brave/careless). Ukyo's family were lovely original characters, and i really liked how you kept us waiting for ranma's inevitable entrance and then TOTALLY DELIVERED. even if his presence in the fic was brief, it felt nice to concentrate seriously on akane' issues, and the few things that ranma did say were really beautiful. thanks for writing and please share more!
thwarth chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
What a pensive piece of writing. I love the idea of Jusenkeyo haunting its victims. It adds a whole dimension to the curse that I never considered. There are really a lot of places you could go with that idea if you ever wanted to expand on it. Martial Arts Cherry Picking...I thought it was the perfect touch of whimsy for such an introspective piece. I have to agree with tuatura that the ending was a little rushed, however, this story does seem to be more about Akane and coming to her own understanding and so I can see why the Ranma/Akane interaction was downplayed. It was an enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing.

thwarth
tuatara chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
I quite liked this, up until Ranma showed up. Setting aside the fact that I don't really buy him kissing her like that, it kind of felt like you were giving up on the story and just wanted to wrap it up as quickly as possible. It doesn't feel like Akane really accomplished anything on her trip...the only progress that was made came because of Ranma's arrival. There wasn't enough interaction with the Kuonjis, especially Emi. Up until Ranma's arrival, things seemed to be progressing at a steady pace, but it simply felt like you rushed to end it. It's still a compelling read, and very touching, but I think you could have done a lot more with this than you did.

That review feels more overly critical than I intended, because I really did like this story even with what I felt was an abrupt ending. It's a genuinely good read, and I thank you for sharing it.
jdcocoagirl chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
this is refreshing, and i like the concept of the story, but i would've like that they stayed longer and ranma learn it as well but let akane shine. i like the fact that you made ranma kiss akane after a brief moment of meeting with their eyes. lovely... hope you will make a sequel of this story... great job.
pahlee chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
This is a very wonderful story, and you portrayed it elegantly! Brought a huge smile to my face!