Reviews for Not Quite as Planned
edboy4926 chapter 22 . 2/3
Awesome story.
Going to read the sequel.
Simply Christian chapter 23 . 1/3
This was a great read! I admit, I had passed by this story before, as the initial premise (Ichigo turning into a Hollow) seemed like a setup for much darker AU than what it ended up being.

What really drew me was learning that Mayuri actually died at Ichigo’s hands; pretty much the only downside of this is that Ichigo was unaware he had also avenged Uryu’s grandfather and the twenty-six hundred other Quincy Mayuri experimented on.
I admit, I was a little worried that Nemu would leave out a couple certain details out of loyalty to her father, but I’m glad she still gave out all the facts, which led to Hitsugaya and Hinamori spotting the discrepancy in the two cases.

The other thing that made me want to read this story was Orihime slicing of Aizen’s arm. I liked how you noted that Orihime’s power is not governed by reiatsu levels, as is the case with almost everyone else in “Bleach,” but her own willpower, and that made her a Kryptonite for Aizen’s “block an attack with my bare hand” defense. And to add insult to injury, Orihime subsequently undid all the dismemberments Aizen performed.

All the little patch-ups to the plot were well done, from the “map app” on the phone to pointing out the lack of extraction plan for the Rukia Rescuers, all did a nice job of cleaning up some of the oversights made in canon.

I liked how you handled Hinamori’s character, and that she was able to avoid getting stabbed in this timeline, and hopefully this means she’ll be able to recover better from Aizen’s betrayal than in canon. Not to mention that she had a particularly awesome moment when she killed Tesra.

I liked how Soifon and Yoruichi’s relationship were more on equal terms, and that our hornet captain became an early ally of Ichigo’s. It was also satisfying to see Soifon thoroughly chew out Yoruichi for leaving out critical, need-to-know information about the traitor captains.
And there was Soifon unofficially thanking Ichigo for taking out Mayuri.
One correction: the reason Omaeda is lieutenant of the Second Division is because it is an inherited position

Probably the funniest moment was Chad and Orihime managing to get out of fighting Kenpachi with an IOU on Ichigo’s behalf.
Close second would be Gantenbainne’s headache with Ikkaku and Yumichika.

The final battle was pretty good, with a lot of awesome moments.
I think it makes perfect sense that Hitsugaya could not defeat Nnoitra, as at this point in the timeline he would be having trouble against non-Espada Arrancar.
It was awesome to see Yamamoto literally glare some of the Hollows to death, and the ambiguity that was left as to *how* Unohana killed Shawlong. And there was the way the Twelfth Division managed to kill Szayel, meaning that the two most evil scientists in “Bleach” have now been disposed of.

I think the only thing I didn’t like was Gin’s death. Now, full disclosure, he is my favorite character, so I might be biased, but when it was clear that Gin’s plan to kill Aizen wasn’t going to be an option anymore, I was more expecting him to be slippery enough to make a getaway. From there, I could see him trying to come up with a story that would allow him to maintain his captainship, or failing that, seek sanctuary in Karakura on the grounds he hates Aizen and knows how to get around his Complete Hypnosis.
Given that not only does Gin die and fail to kill Aizen, he doesn’t even manage to get a chance to use his Bankai, and his death isn’t even confirmed by the Gotei 13 yet, so it seems like kind of a waste of his character.

On the more positive side, seeds of doubt have been planted in Ulquiorra’s mind, leading to a potential defection for him. I’m also curious to see how Starrk will react, as his main motivation is to seek out strong individuals so he won’t be alone.

All in all, great job on this story, and I’m glad I finally gave it a shot and read it!

One last question: who won the bet on the Ichigo vs. Zaraki fight?
Spellflame chapter 16 . 12/15/2020
Oh! She actually hurt him
Spellflame chapter 11 . 12/15/2020
Family
Non-Smiler chapter 1 . 11/14/2020
"oh shit" indeed, urahara kun.
Drew Dirksen chapter 13 . 7/28/2020
F.U.B.A.R. HAHAHA!
Sourcewalker chapter 15 . 5/15/2020
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT MY KITTYYYYYYYYYYYY! YOU MONSTER!
uzumaki.namikaze10 chapter 16 . 5/8/2020