Reviews for Morning
Zervziel chapter 6 . 10/28/2011
Pink Party Pony on one hand and a DJ/rave pony on the other...Yeah I really should have thought about that particular alliance before. I like how it focuses not on the party but the clean up time afterwards which also an interesting time to see the party pony in. I was gonna make a joke about Pinkie being found in a room with a few farm animals and copious amounts of booze untl I remembered she IS a farm animal so it kinda fell flat. I will also admit I'm surprised Luna the Princess of the Night didn't get in on the dance scene. Seeing her trying to grasp the concept of a rave would be hilarious. That or everyone finds out that once the Sun goes down, Celestia becomes a wild pony when not engaged with the politicians. Either wouldn't be complete without sun or moon goddess antics.
DreadedCandiru2 chapter 6 . 10/24/2011
This is more or less how I expected Vinyl Scratch to start her day; if Johnjoseco were to draw one of his 'Good Morning, Pony X' pictures for her, she'd look like an advert for death.
Lavasharks chapter 6 . 10/23/2011
Finally got to reading this! Vinyl Scratch is a personal favorite pony of mine. Nice to see Pinkie can always spring into action.

I thought the Lunasode was pretty good. It wasn't bad.

Finally I have to say, Maretrin? Heheh...

-Sharky
Jasper Sealights chapter 6 . 10/23/2011
!

Omg! I am so happy right now! I swear there's nothing better than PinkieScratch friendship, and as we were pretty much the creators of it, it makes it all the better! Our fanfics, our Vinyls, our Pinkies, and our lives would not be the same without PinkieScratch friendship. Just for incorporating that, this chapter is probably my favorite.

Not to mention I love Vinyl to death, and Pinkie, so, yeah.

Anywho. This really was a great chapter, and I can definitely see many a Vinyl morning going this way. She's a crazy party girl, and always will be, regardless of whether she's having sex or not. Her thoughts were a great touch, as was the sensitivity you added in there, with her not liking surprises, and shivering from the water. I can definitely see her being sensitive, as it sort of goes hand in hand with her albinism.

Though I mentioned that I liked Pinkie being there, I still can't resist bringing it up again. The image of her getting up and scattering candy everywhere is beautiful, and made me smile. You handled her wonderfully, even if she only showed up for a short moment. But yeah, seriously, Pinkie being at her party, as her closest friend, definitely makes the chapter. (: So sweeeeeet.

And lastly, I'm sorry about the handful of reviewers who treated you like shit over your Luna rant. As I said, I liked all the points you brought up, and I agree with them. However, I also agree that some of the more decent and respectful reviewers certainly added some interesting interpretations of their own! I really can't wait to see what happens with your Luna, though I hope she doesn't change too much, because I really love her.

Can't wait for the Night version! :D
Quill Inkwell chapter 5 . 10/23/2011
Running a bit behind, so I'm reviewing 3, 4, and 5 all in one.

Morning #3 blew me away. Just absolutely amazing. Probably the greatest thing I've ever, or will ever, read. :P

Morning #4 was great. I've never read a story focused on Zecora before, but I really liked the characterization she saw in this (even if it was just for a moment). I find myself suddenly curious about zebra culture and traditions.

Morning #5 - I don't know what it is about Celestia and Luna that gets to me, but it seems like it's always a little bittersweet. This took place before the whole "to the moon!" incident, yeah? It's tragic reading this and seeing their love (which you did well, and subtly) and knowing that, eventually, it's going to change. It was still a good read, and it put a smile on my face.
HayesAJones chapter 5 . 10/23/2011
I like the cannon Luna. Sure, she's not the shy, soft-spoken, 'EEP'ing Luna that the fans have created or inferred, but two lines of dialogue is hardly enough to build a character. Cannon Luna is still as socially awkward, naive, and out-of-touch. But instead of being meek, she's frustrated and temperamental, which makes sense considering the whole possession-by-rage-and-jealousy thing. And she still contrasts Celestia well. Besides, the cheesy olden speaking is kinda cute, adds to her innocence in a way.

But, with that said, I also want to see a softer side, maybe one she only shows out of the public eye.
Iron-Mantis chapter 3 . 10/23/2011
Just re-re pm ya, btw you don't seem to share the nightmare moon/luna are one bit yourself. still funny chap.
Iron-Mantis chapter 5 . 10/23/2011
i have to agree with steven d and d715 was correct, that how royalty acted in fact you know the WE bit is the majestic plural

The majestic plural (pluralis maiestatis/majestatis in Latin, literally, "the plural of majesty," maiestatis being in the genitive case), is the use of a plural pronoun to refer to a single person holding a high office, such as a monarch, bishop, or pope. It is also called the royal pronoun, the royal "we" or the Victorian "we." The more general word for the use of we to refer to oneself is nosism, from the Latin nos. It is most commonly used to denote the excellence, power, and dignity of the person that speaks or writes.

The origin of this tradition is the idea that the monarch in question is speaking for the nation, although it was also used by religious officials in times gone by. (Although using that phrase when discussing your breakfast can be a bit strange.) Sometimes other characters will reinforce this by referring to the monarch by the name of their country; in Hamlet, for example, Claudius and the dead king are both referred to as Denmark, and another king is only ever called Norway.

This was most famously used by Queen "We are not amused" Victoria, who believed herself to be the avatar for the British Empire.
milordo-z 2.0 chapter 5 . 10/23/2011
I think the fact that she got darker/her hair changed is because she's "growing up"/"changing into true form", which stopped when she turned into nightmare moon/lived on the moon because she stopped aging. But now that she's back in equestria, she's once again aging into her older self. She's much larger then the other ponies now, when she was first brought back she was only slightly bigger which would be logical since she's growing.

As with the accent, I mean, she could of just been to overwhelmed to use it at the time really. She was just locked up as Nightmare Moon for like a thousand years, and then released so it makes sense that she'd be to overwhelmed to use it. Plus she was scared as well. Not to mention it's just cool, at least in my opinion, to have it. And just like art, it doesn't have to make sense 100% of the time!

Secondly as for the holiday you can't banned the holiday cause hey they be painted as tyrants if they did. i think celestia change it to mostly candy and games so people would mostly forgot about NM aspect (Hell maybe in a thousands year they may even forget why it was created in the first place.
Zervziel chapter 5 . 10/23/2011
this was a interesting story especially given it has the more fan-popular demure and shy version of Luna as opposed to the new version, but I'll get to that always the interaction between the Sisters is always fun. I do believe this is the one story of yours I've read with Luna and Celestia were Luna didn't end up on some foreign celestial body.

The part about Luna feeling the sensation in her cutie mark had me sniggering. I know you've stated that in your stories the cutie marks are sensitive areas, but even with that in mind I could help but imagine Luna saying, "Celestia, something's wrong! My butt-senses are tingling!"

As for your author's note I agree and disagree at some points. How she reacted and interacted with her sister and the other ponies during the pilot episodes and in the new episode for one. You did nail the issue on the head here is that was a rather difficult situation for her so we may have well been seeing the emotional side of a character that doesn't usually emote much during the pilot. As for her speaking completely normally, I don't understand what you're saying. She spoke clearly and was quite sad about her actions in her single line of dialogue "I'm so sorry! I missed you so much big sister" That was it until the new episodes.

During this new episode Luna isn't the newly exorcized individual any more. I found it to be an interesting change from what most people were expecting and one that actually makes sense on a lot of levels when you look at the character in detail, but again character dissections can wait.

As for Celestia correcting Luna's vernacular, I guess she could have, that or she was expecting Luna to reach out and modernize herself. Not too mention despite being a millennium out of date as you can guess old habits can die hard and Luna despite being "taught" by FS how to keep her voice down kept forgetting herself.

Ah Nightmare Moon, the bitch that started it all. As for Nightmare Moon being treated as nothing I again must disagree. And saying Luna doesn't seem the least bit repentant about is not quite true. Afterall when Luna ran out of the village after her initial "visit" TS found her laying on the ground in the Nightmare Moon statue's shadow (where did they get that thing?) plus right after that we learn Luna effectively forgot how to turn off CAPSLOCK. Who could blame her? She was stuck in a body with the Queen of Hams.

However I have several problems with the episode myself. Like why the Hell were the ponies still demonizing Nightmare Moon after the Elements of Harmony saved her? And especially since she's returned to her duties as the Night Princess. I mean I honestly can't think of a faster way to piss someone off than to take a single catastrophic event in their life and then make a freaking festival out of it. If people insisted on focusing on my past under the influence of something else rather than on me as a person and continue to scream and resort to panicked hysteria at the drop of a hat (Thanks Chicken Pie) I'd tried to cancel it too if it were in my power. And so would anyone. Even if it were a national holiday, which we don't even know if it was. All we know is it is one of the more popular festivals in Ponyville. I don't see how Luna acted bitchy at all, but with the festival dedicated to her moment were in she was magically induced by some force to turn on her sister and try to enforce eternal night before being banished for a thousand years. Having that shoved in one's face complete with people running scared before she even did anything would not make for a happy Luna

Another issue I have with the show is Pinkie Pie. Why the hell is the element of laughter screaming and running away, nearly driving their important guest to tears? I mean what the hell? She threw Twilight a Welcome party on a whim why the hell was she the head of every screaming retreat especially when she knows better!

Anyway, more coherent writing later, brain tired.

Anyway, don't despair, mate. I think this was supposed to be an awkward transition for Luna. She's having to drop old mannerisms and adapt to the new times. Already at the end we see her starting to become more approachable and even going as far as to use her magic to zap RD when she went after TS to prank her. We learn she's also more prone to emotional outbursts than Celestia as noted by her hugging FS out of joy among other things. I think after this transition, Luna will be very similar to the Luna the fans love with a nice twist from the creators, who despite all the fan love, should never feel like they are being rail roaded by fan expectations on to certain paths they may not want to take which limits their creative ability which in turn lowers the quality of the episodes.

Before you make any final decisions about this version of Luna watch the episode again with an open mind and try and look a bit closer at the character's motivations and such. Also if you find ot where Rarity went that'd be awesome. I was wondering if Luna popped by the Boutique before her initial appearance in the role as Darth Luna-cus, and decided to eat the delicious marshmallow she found there.
DreadedCandiru2 chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
The whole thing works best if one assumes that Luna and Celestia were pulling an elaborate and stupid prank on their little ponies; that being said, no one said that you have to have your Luna be Studio B's Luna. After all, they might decide to, I don't know, present us with a Derpy who speaks and behaves like Bijou from Hamtaro, French accent and all.
d715 chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
I think the point was Luna wasn't really feared or hated, just her "behind the times" ended up making her feared. Since that was in fact how rulers acted 1000 years ago they're suppose to be larger than life and the like, fill their subjects with awe and a bit of terror. And a few months of learning things mondern times isn't going to change that at all. Look at the word "fun" it's only 300 years ago and Luna's been gone for 1000, or hell leaders acted like Luna does 100 years ago, look how different capanges were in the US, back then it was ok to call the other guy a child rapists and a druggie.

Also if this takes place after Discord than the Nightmare Moon incident really WAS nothing, she just delayed the sun for an hour or two, Discord threw that place into the Warp.
deadly84 chapter 3 . 10/22/2011
just answer your review response, ps i lol at both versions.)
The Shadow Syndicate chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
Don't get discouraged by the reviews. You did raise some valid points. I think Luna acted the way she did negatively because frankly she's a pampered royal, she is surrounded by people who want to do her every whim. That doesn't set a good enviroment for establishing social skills.

She did seem to mellow out a couple of times in the episode especially towards the end so we might see a more relaxed Luna in later episodes.

By the way, Can you do Gilda? Griffons are my favorite animals and I agree with you and Treelight that she was probably having an off day in 'Brush Off'. I mean if she was like that all the time why would RD hang out with someone so meanspirited?
Warlord-Xana chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
its good, but i feel i must point out something

you wrote that canon luna is aloud, aggressive, authoritative, stuck-up and almost bitchy Luna that showed up in Luna Eclipsed

I must point out that i feels more like she's insecure and deals with it by switching to a pattern of behaviour set by ancient rules. Also, Twilight manages to boss her around really easily though, proving that underneath that defensive behaviour she really is that timid insecure pony she's usually portrayed as.
79 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »