Reviews for Morning
Devil's Flambe chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
I agree with StevenD, this did come off a tad... wrong.
Rex Aurum Tempus chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
The hell was that? THE HELL WAS THIS?

Let's dissect your rant. Using this one.

1. "Luna has been in Canterlot with Celestia for over an entire season of the show, in which at least autumn and winter have passed, giving a period of at least a few months. Celestia would definitely have corrected Luna's 'court of Canterlot' voice by then and helped her learn to speak in a more modern vernacular, especially if Luna is actively ruling alongside her sister."

She doesn't talk that way around non-royalty, numbnuts, and probably hasn't talked to the common pony all that much. And I'm pretty sure that most of her time wasn't spent ruling, but in therapy with the royal counseler. Possesion by an evil entity isn't the least psychologically scarring thing a pony can go through.

2. -The Nightmare Moon incident was treated like it was nothing, and Luna seemed not the least bit ashamed or repentant about it, and even went so far as to make it into a joke. No matter what the origins of Nightmare Moon truly are, acting as though it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things is just… utterly moronic, especially given the fact that she basically almost destroyed Equestria with her eternal night, if we look at it realistically.

As said above, she was probably in therapy, and has learned that it wasn't her fault. Plus, she probably wouldn't bring it up. This episode was the Halloween episode, not "Nightmare Moon: Origins".

3. -Where the hell was Celestia in helping her throughout this entire process?

Helping her through a serious mental issue, running A FRICKIN' KINGDOM, etc.

4. ...cancelling a national holiday merely because she was upset for a few minutes?

FYI, she had pretty much been humiliated in front of an entire town, in the same manner that had made her, an ALICORN, susceptible to said entity's influence.

5. Luna's bitchy? YOU'RE BITCHY! You turned a third of this otherwise delightful chapter into a rant befitting an angry teenage girl! And also, you said that this wasn't about "Your Luna being different than Canon Luna," and it pretty much was! Not "your Luna", but everyone's Luna! We've been working on one line of dialogue and a shitload of fan theories for her characterization, as well as everypony else's. And you said that we won't have to listen to you write the "*insert skewed characterization here* Luna", but we will have to listen to you bitch about her! You'll probably just copypaste this bitching session into all your other stories. Seriously, these writers, animators, etc. are working their asses off to provide you with free entertainment! And you BITCH worse than Rarity at a Diamond Dog gangrape! I'm a troll, and I openly admit it, but right now I'm dissapointed in you, SoundOfRainfall. VERY dissapointed.
deadly84 chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
Oh, so its okay that celestia is usually portray as a molester, a tyrant, a troll, a manipulator, yet it not okay for luna to act like a tsundere instead of a shy little girl (And frankly i like her old school dialect!)

and another thing the nightmare night bit (If your ever read morbus-rus Take it you would hear Celestia say

"Oh, you were lonely, sure. Do you think I was idling away here, enjoying myself?" Celestia scoffed. "When everypony saw me send my little sister to the moon, do you think they went up to me and said "oh, we're so sorry you had to do this, we feel for you"? They celebrated! I wanted to lock myself up here and cry, but they made a holiday out of it! Which I had to sit through, receiving all this damn praise!

so don't start with that.
snake screamer chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
Well i want to point out five things that might be possible

One 1000 years occur so of course her dialect would be much different from the modern one (Its takes more than one year to change a dialect trust me i know).

two) she is portray as timid yes, so its possible she might have reverted to the old way of how the diarchy might have act around the masses, you know as a defense mechanism.

Three) Well i like to think the adults were like Chicken!pinkie (Thinking the princess were scaring them for fun and for the little one sake.)

four) Well you know what they say its runs in tthe family (afterall no one ever said that luna wasn't a troll as well.)

five) and this is most important, it is true that past was cruel and vicious yes, but one cannot and SHOULD not let it engulf them, only tragedy and horror awaits those who let there past chain and poison them (And i think luna knows better than to let that occur again.)

and frankly my dear fellow it was our own fault, People ALWAYS think they portray a character correctly just by one or two appearance. (If you wanted a char so badly, one should not created a fan base personality for them.
Amber Treelights chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
I agree with everything you said about Luna Eclipsed. Not only that, but I can't even believe Tia or Luna would be okay with a national holiday celebrating how scary and terrible Nightmare Moon is, when their biggest objective would be helping the citizens see that she's NOT Nightmare Moon anymore.

And...whyyy did Twilight have to be the only one with a logical, open mind when her friends were present for Luna's change back as well? Seriously, there was SO much of that episode that made no sense whatsoever; as I said, you are spot on with every point you made. I didn't like the episode either.

YOUR LUNA WILL ALWAYS BE BEST LUNA TO ME. (:

Now! As for this chapter, I enjoyed it a lot. The setting of the two of them still being little was a great touch, and I loved how it was not only about the morning, but about the strong bond Tia and Luna have as well. It's sweet to see them handling night and day together for a while, especially when they're both young.

Also, YES. So glad you have Luna sleep in the daytime! I love that aspect of her so much! Plus it just makes so much sense, with her ruling over the night and all. I'm glad she and Tia still get a few hours together, though, even if they are starting to drift apart from sharing night & day together.

Your Luna is sweet as can be, and I adore that about her. I could never imagine her any other way. Especially not when reading Venom, and now reading this. Hell, your Luna is practically canon in my mind. Great chapter!
DreadedCandiru2 chapter 4 . 10/20/2011
Well, she does have a certain flair; given that she is a shaman, this does make sense.
DreadedCandiru2 chapter 3 . 10/20/2011
Of course, the Luna version would probably have her yawning and drawing the curtains so she can rest up after another night watching over the kingdom.
Zervziel chapter 4 . 10/20/2011
Wow, you write Zecora really well. The rhyming was good, though it was how you fleshed out Zecora that i really liked. The ritual was nicely done and even her potion making was quite detailed. Though now I'm wondering if this is a bit of a lead into Bridle Gossip.
Zervziel chapter 3 . 10/20/2011
Duuuude! Who did you get this excellently written epic out so fast? It's so long and filled with emotion that it took me forever to finish. I laughed, I cried, I snapped and killed a fluttershy brony by stabbing him 89 times with a sponge before eating half his body and all of his soul before donating the rest to Chuck E. Cheese to use as a animatronic puppet in that creepy ass show of theirs.

Keep up the excellent work...P.S. do I have something stuck in my teeth?
lord faggot of gay chapter 3 . 10/20/2011
Haha, you. That was so beautiful. My favorite part was the level of detail you put into the hidden satire behind every sentence, like a juicy steak. I'm lost for words at this piece of pure, unfiltered art. Easily the greatest thing ever written.
Warlord-Xana chapter 4 . 10/20/2011
Good chap (Particularly enjoy Zecora the best) btw have you heard of Anansi (Its a good african myth!)
snake screamer chapter 4 . 10/20/2011
YES, I love this chap, i really wish there was more Zecora fic!
Amber Treelights chapter 4 . 10/20/2011
Needless to say, this was really intense. The whole Assisting the Princess ritual was downright intriguing to say the least, and probably my favorite part of the whole thing. I actually think it would be cooler if technically, what she's doing isn't actually raising the sun with Celestia, but it's more of a traditional thing that zebras just do; if I'm correct, you seem to have kind of hinted at that with mentioning Zecora's timing being perfect. If that's the case, that makes it even more interesting, in my opinion. Now I want to know more about the zebras, dammit!

I really enjoyed Zecora thinking in verse, to be honest. It was nice, and I think the very first one, and very last one were my favorites. You've really done a great job illustrating her different lifestyle with her thoughts, her rituals, and her foods. That's really cool that she's de-poisoning the poison joke with rosemary to eat it! Makes me wanna try some.

And lastly, I thought the end in general was very well done. It reflects such an open air that leaves the readers curious as to what will happen on Zecora's new trip to Ponyville, and also happy because with the morning light, and her final thoughts, it all feels so lively and full of possibilities. Even if she might have to miss breakfast. (: You definitely pulled off Zecora, and it's so refreshing to see her, might I add! Great chapter!
Amber Treelights chapter 3 . 10/20/2011
Awww DAMN. I was so hoping she'd just say "fuck." XD Oh well.

LITERARY MASTERPIECE! PRAISE, I GIVE TO THEEEEE!
Lavasharks chapter 3 . 10/20/2011
Heheh...still trapped on the moon.

:D