Reviews for A Day in the Impala, 1989
00-night-eyes-00 chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
love it
shookenuppepsi chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
This is a fantastic first meeting between Bobby and the Winchesters. Enough tension to explain why Bobby pointed a gun at John the last time they saw each other, and enough gruff love for the boys to explain why Bobby would take Dean out to play catch.
smokeyadrenaline chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Thank you ! :)
I'm happy that Dean and Sammy can finally be kids for a bit. Your stories suck me in and make me care for little dean and sammy and i'm happy you ended on a light note.
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
That end made me cry.

Seriously, this was a great "When Bobby met the Winchesters" moment. Everything about it was brilliant. From Sam's innocence, to John's gruffness, Dean's attempts to make things right and be a good soldier for his dad, and Bobby deciding the boys needed a chance to be kids for a while. So sweet.
Emmers224 chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Oh Bobby. How I miss thee. I loved that you set this sometime after the shtritiga (did I get that spelling right?). Dean's thirst for revenge and redemption (and approval) is heartbreaking. John really did screw him up at such a young age. I whole heartedly approved of Bobby's plan to just let the boys be boys. Lord knows they need it.

I had to chuckle at Sam's antics. Reminded me of me and my own brother after long car rides. Poking relentlessly at each other to get a rise out of the other. Wonderful writing, as I'm beginng to learn, and spot on characterization. Youre quickly becoming a favorite! :)
unicornz chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
if there's anything cuter out in the world than little Sam talking about pancake syrups, then I'd say it was a trick. Sam is simply adorable! :)
Zyanya chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
This is an awesome first meeting theory...and it's pretty differnt also, I love your work, Bobby is just great, thanks a lot :D
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
You absolutely amaze me. I can't think of a pre-series series that I've ever enjoyed more. I want you to know that this is all completely canon to me. It's so realistic, so true to the characters and storyline that SPN has brilliantly written and you are writing it just as brilliantly. I love reading fan fiction. I think a lot of it is amazing and I'm always pleasantly surprised when I find a writer that just gets it. That gets the story, the characters, and the history of this tragically compelling family. And you thrill me absolutely every time. I love that you have written a very plausible and realistic vision of how Pastor Jim got John and Bobby to meet in the first place. I love that you always mention little details that make your stories fit in flawlessly with the show. I love how you give me a perfect picture in my mind of how those boys grew up and different people's impressions of them. If I had my way, you'd write 365 days for every year spent in that Impala. I love how you've kept Dean and Sammy in character even though it's 20 years prior to the actual series. I've found a lot of really good writers on here and I've come across a few who completely blow me away with their writing talent. You are absolutely one of the best writers I've ever had the privilege to read and I can't thank you enough for the joy you've given me so far. If it was up to me, your stories would be published and endorsed by Kripke so the whole fandom could enjoy them. The way you write the interaction between Sam and Dean just melts my heart and warms my soul. The interaction you write between John and Dean makes me very sad and also angry at the impossible situation John was put in, as well as the fact that Dean was never allowed a childhood. It makes the scenes in the show when Dean talks about Sammy being a snot-nosed kid or a pain in the ass about 10 times more clear and I feel as if I know exactly what he means by that. It makes the times when Dean tells Sammy that he just wanted him to be able to be a kid break my heart even more. And it completely slams home the fact that yes, it was, is, and always will be not just Dean's job to look out for Sam and keep him safe, but it's always going to be who Dean is. You don't spend 95 percent of your life being a certain person to your very core and then suddenly change. And this chapter? This chapter has added so much dimension to Bobby and John's relationship as well as the relationship between Bobby and the boys. I love these characters so much and I can't thank you enough for that gift. I really hope you get as much out of writing these and we all do from reading them. I've said this a lot before but I don't know if it's ever been more honest than right now when I say that absolutely cannot wait to read more from you. I absolutely adored this. Oh, and one more thing, if you keep writing Sammy so well, I may just die from all the cute. Seriously? Babbling on about pancakes and syrup? LOL and the way he flopped over onto Dean to grin up at Bobby upside down? Seriously. This just about did me in. And the scratch and sniff sticker on his face? Hahahahahaha! I can just imagine how entertaining those boys must have been, even though their situation was so sad. I can honestly say that even a grizzled, old, seasoned, gruff, set-in-his-ways, bad ass hunter Bobby Singer never stood a chance when he laid eyes upon the two of them. Thank you so much for this. *hugs*
zekeschance chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
I don't even know where to start, this was incredible. A very believable Bobby and John. You had the voices down perfectly. Even Dean at that age was exactly how he seemed in the flashbacks from S1. I could picture a 6 year Sam doing everything you said while he was in the Impala! I can't believe you're not going to give us Bobby's viewpoint of keeping the boys for the first time. *Whine, whine*. Thanks so much, I loved it!
LoveTheCoat chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Bobby! From moment one he kept an eye out for those boys; it's like I imagined he would. Surrogate father indeed. I do like how you brought him into the fold here, and how he called John out on his carelessness with their lives. John is especially harsh. I wonder if, in your mind, John showed any affection for his boys at all? If he ever gave them a break to be kids? I have a hard time wrestling with that question when I think of how Sam and Dean were raised. Anyway-very nice entry into the Impala series. I look forward to more from you.
memphis-heat123 chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Wonderful story, Bobby is one of my favorite ones on the show. Dean was very smart, praticing loading the gun with his hands shaking. and Sammy was very cute.
astafir chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
I liked your story very much! Everything seems so real! Bobby is great! As always! Thank you! I enjoyed reading your story!
sylia91 chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
I love Bobby. Thank goodness those boys have him in their corner. John makes me want to kick his a$$. What kind of marine was he? Even if he was going to run his family like a platoon what kind of real commanding officer blames the grunts? When things go south the responsibility is on the leader especially in this case when he is the only adult. Dean breaks my heart with his desperation to be useful and Sammy is his usual adorable, clueless self.
melitta4ever chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Beautiful as always.

I'm shocked that John leaving the boys with a complete stranger. On the other hand, the things john do to get a hold of those demons.

I'm so happy that the boys found Bobby.

Pleas keep writing ...
hotshow chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
I thought this story was very good.

Thank you.