Reviews for Empty Nest Syndrome
palomino333 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
"But these creatures have been wronged by the exact same bird as I was—their very own mother. Who was attempting to usurp my position as head of Aperture, I'll have you know. She abandoned her own defenseless children like the monster that she is." I love those lines so much.

I find it interesting how Chell remarks on GLaDOS using generalizations when she is angry. Typically, that sort of behavior is expected out of a child, as opposed to a highly intelligent being. It adds a nice little touch of irony, since GLaDOS is a sort of mother figure to these baby birds.
Nic Coay chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Holy what now!? This was adorable. I mean, this is coming from someone who prefers straight ChellDOS to the "motherly relationship" idea, and you still had me completely sold. You've got me more open to the "Mother" concept than I ever was before, and that's quite a feat. Your writing is just so sweet and funny and your characterizations are right on. Love it! )
Righteousham chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
I liked this piece. It seems to be quite fluffy while maintain substance at its core. There are no spelling errors that I saw and as usual your grammar has only a few very minor mistakes in it. Your narrative has a clear voice and I always know exactly what you are saying in the story. Clarity is important and not something that everyone does well.
Keep writing.
Vi-Violence chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Aww..
DP-shrine-in-closet-girl chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
Aww so cute! I actually had this image of Chell walking in on GLaDOS while she was tending to her And I really like how you showed it.

And GLaDOS's Freudian slip was great, poor GLaDOS.

But my favorite part was when you said that holding someone captive was the only relationships she really knows and trusts, and to let something go is hard for her. Very cute! And I loved the ending!

Shrine
MissyNoir chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
That was so sweet ;u;

Pegasister as well? BRO-HOOF!
DAfan chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Aaaaaww that's actually sweet! :)
gryphonworks chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
The DLC is much love, and I just adore reading fics like this. I felt a little gut-punched when I reached the part where Chell says the birds need to be set free, and and- augh you write GLaDOS so well. Her words and actions suit her perfectly! Keep up the beautiful work.
Nitrospira chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
I love this. GLaDOS... well, you nailed her personality. The humor throughout the story adds a nice touch, and I really liked Chell's advice at the end. This was very sweet and obviously well-thought-out story. Thanks for the great read!

x. Ara
clac234 chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
That was great! I especially loved how you included Maslow's hierarchy in there (because I'm a giant nerd). Nice work keeping everyone in character and making up reasonable motivations for them!
GLaDHal chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
this was so cute. i love this!
PotterPhantomKitten chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Aaawww, that was so cute! Typical GLaDOS, getting all defensive and not really wanting to let the birds go! I also love how Valve has now canonized GLaDOS's maternal side, it just goes to show that by Portal 2 she isn't really all that bad after all. :)

And you're a MLP:FiM fan too? You just got 20% more awesome, pegasister! *high fives*

This was so adorable and I love it - yet another one of your stories going in my favorites list! :)

-PotterPhantomKitten
parlor.tricks chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
All of my D'AWWWWWWWWWWWW. All of it. X3

God this was so freaking adorable I don't even...

GLaDOS certainly has the capacity to be kind. And boy, is it ever true about her only knowing how to keep things captive.

It's so sweet how she doesn't want them to leave, and in turn how she doesn't want Chell to leave her. BIRDS. I MEANT BIRDS. FFFFF- XD

Also, major points for GLaDOS still having a grudge against their mother. ;D

Excellent work, as always! Now I'm going to go see if I can get Steam out of its prolonged state of derp. Again...
Liber-T.E.A chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Very nice and sweet. Also, nice pony references.