Reviews for Charges Sweethearts
the alpha phoenix chapter 7 . 4/9/2012
Lmao! The end was so funny! I feel sorry for Mimi and that random girl but I guess it doesn't matter because Miyako got what she wanted. More please :D
the alpha phoenix chapter 6 . 2/2/2012
TK and Davis being slaves and then trying to impress the girls was really funny. And Yolei wanting whiskey in her tea. It really brightened up my day :) Can't wait for more :)
fegs chapter 5 . 12/28/2011
Ive seen this story around and i figured it was about time I check it out. The only thing keeping me from reading it was that I don't care for yolei at all, but I had read some of your work before and decided it was worth looking at. And it definitely was. I'm really liking it so far! Its nice to finally read a chilled out story that isnt crack but still super enjoyable to read. I can tell you have fun writing it. It's laid-back, quirky and i love the sarcastic tone you're using from Yolei's perspective. Good work!
the alpha phoenix chapter 5 . 12/26/2011
It seems Yolei's straight to the point attitude worked on Mimi. I wonder what Mimi's parents will buy her so she can move or will she have to fund it herself? Please update soon :)
TheAddicted chapter 4 . 12/24/2011
Really liking the idea of Takeru and Daisuke helping them out. Plus, since it's in Miyako's POV it's utterly hilarious... And I'm wondering who the last girl is going to be. The only other girl I can think of is Jun.
Digiboy-Stew chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
Kicking back in "ice cream stained pajamas", watching chick flicks, goofing off, pondering the next step for the band, feeling free to be themselves without having to deal with overbearing boys... I love how you paint this toasty warm portrait of girl-time fun, only to have it smashed to bits by two goofball boys who force themselves into such a warm moment of friendship being shared between Hikari and Miyako. Miyako may have been brash when bluntly asking Daisuke and Takeru "What do you want?" upon opening the door, but can ya really blame her? Hehehe.

Leave it to Daisuke to dispense with subtleties and blurt out what he and Takeru really want from Miyako and her band.

Roadies. I'm not too sure that these two guys really know what they're getting themselves into. They're probably gonna get worked liked dogs, and go about their tasks real awkwardly and clumsily. No doubt, they'll be serving up some moments of comic relief in the future.
Digiboy-Stew chapter 3 . 12/19/2011
Beginning the chapter by mentioning flyer posting really gives it alot of life right from the start. Instantly, we're bombarded with all the imagery that goes into flyer promoting: Designing the flyers, making copies of them in all different eye-catching neon colors, going around town with a stapler, putting them up on any avaliable wooden powerline post and banging staples into them. None of this stuff needs to be said to make the reader think about it; the mere mention of flyer advertising conjures up these hectic thoughts.

It's good that you take a moment to reinforce the personality differences between Miyako and Hikari. Highlighting the passionate attitude of Miyako, and the passive nature of Hikari, it reminds us of why the two speak and act so differently.

In terms of the unexpected with the introduction of Sora, you might be selling your storytelling a bit short by deeming it a Deus ex Machina (a literary tool which I'm not generally fond of, and is rarely used well). Yeah, it may come out of left field a bit, but it fits the story nicely, and doesn't come off as a gimmic, and isn't a "WTF?" type of head scratcher. I would say it's more like Divine Intervention... but that's not the right term either.

Eh, whatever.
Digiboy-Stew chapter 2 . 12/19/2011
Sorry that I haven't kept up with my reviews on each chapter till now. I implored you not to quit on this story, but then I neglect giving my imput and offering up due praise when you update. Not cool on my part. Sorry. I have been reading it, I can assure you. And now I'm gonna comment on each chapter.

I'm betting that when Hikari is at her lessons with Yamato, she draws inspiration from imagining that she's playing bass for Takeru (although it would seem that she's not ready to admit as much even to herself). I like the different scenarios of comical violence that Miyako daydreams about to cure herself of boredom while sitting in Yamato's living room during Hikari's bass lessons. It's such a realistic touch, because we all know what kind of crazy stuff our minds can dream up to cure ourselves of boredom.

Poor Miyako. All she wants to focus on is music, but unfortunately for her Hikari just HAS TO bring her boy issues into it. I guess maybe Miyako will learn that, whether she likes it or not, new band members don't just bring their talents into the band; they also bring their baggage and hangups as well.
the alpha phoenix chapter 4 . 12/11/2011
Davis' bluntness was really funny, as was the way TK reacted to it. I wonder what Kari will think to them being roadies just so they can get with chicks. As always, I can't wait for more!
TheAddicted chapter 3 . 11/19/2011
Woah, Sora ! That was actually pretty surprising, but I can imagine her being a drummer. Have no idea why, just can :3 How many others are going to join ? Any OC's?
TheAddicted chapter 2 . 11/19/2011
Oh, Miyako... Yamato was so hilarious, thinking about his brotherly task like that. I'm taking a real liking to this story since the characters are just so genuine and loveable